How To Grow Reg Seeds

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I'm probably stepping in the shit, but what the heck! I've never cloned, but I have been reading up on it. My hands-on experience is zero and I will not pretend otherwise. Many sources suggest that a cloned plant flowers faster than the same plant from seed, 2wks is usually mentioned. Is this true, fuck if I know! But Virgil is not alone in having this theory, its wide-spread on cloning tutorials.

We have determined that pictures are important for to believed on TSE, so here is a picture of my cloning experiences:

Don't see the picture? Just keep looking....

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
In my experience and I’ve taken a lot of clones over the years, I’ve never had one finish any faster. This has been said a few times already but a clone is a genetic copy of of the plant it came from.

If it was true I’d be growing them right now, an 8week strain cloned is now a six week strain it doesn’t work like that clones are magical to understand a particular strain, how it grows and expresses itself or to keep a great strain going if you do t have seed left.

I’ve got six landrace sativa clones that have been on 12/12 for just over 3 weeks, they have not even started to flower yet, they probably need 14h off 10h on.

Also pics are important it’s a very simple way to share, the more weed pics on here the better, it’s safety in numbers.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
In my experience and I’ve taken a lot of clones over the years, I’ve never had one finish any faster. This has been said a few times already but a clone is a genetic copy of of the plant it came from.

If it was true I’d be growing them right now, an 8week strain cloned is now a six week strain it doesn’t work like that clones are magical to understand a particular strain, how it grows and expresses itself or to keep a great strain going if you do t have seed left.

I’ve got six landrace sativa clones that have been on 12/12 for just over 3 weeks, they have not even started to flower yet, they probably need 14h off 10h on.

Also pics are important it’s a very simple way to share, the more weed pics on here the better, it’s safety in numbers.
Fuck mate you need to let the genetics mature ya stupid cunt!! 🤣

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Mate it's not something I've noticed, they tend to take as long the mother

What I actually think they are referring to is the amount of time needed for veg of clones is shorter allowing you to flower them quicker than seedlings of the same age

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I've read these articles too. I think some of the misunderstanding (in some cases wilful) is down to the poor language used.

eg. "clones need a shorter vegetation period. During that time they’ll also grow faster than plants from seeds, because the clone is not an infant, but has the same age as its mother." (as has been quoted)

It might sound like "clones will flower faster than plants from seed" but what it is actually saying is "a clone will flower quicker than a [seperate] plant germinated from seed". The only gain is in that the clone is already mature enough to initiate flower ...what is being lost is that, the mother OR a seperate [yet theoretically genetically exact] plant from seed that is of the same age/maturity as the clone, would initiate and flower at the same time, if not faster as it is already "rooted".

Yes, using clones will speed up your grow cycle as you are not "wasting" time germinating from seed & vegging to sexual maturity. But that is comparing apples to oranges, as they say.

Cutting a branch off and rooting it does not alter it's genetic capabilities.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I've read these articles too. I think some of the misunderstanding (in some cases wilful) is down to the poor language used.

eg. "clones need a shorter vegetation period. During that time they’ll also grow faster than plants from seeds, because the clone is not an infant, but has the same age as its mother." (as has been quoted)

It might sound like "clones will flower faster than plants from seed" but what it is actually saying is "a clone will flower quicker than a [seperate] plant germinated from seed". The only gain is in that the clone is already mature enough to initiate flower ...what is being lost is that, the mother OR a seperate [yet theoretically genetically exact] plant from seed that is of the same age/maturity as the clone, would initiate and flower at the same time, if not faster as it is already "rooted".

Yes, using clones will speed up your grow cycle as you are not "wasting" time germinating from seed & vegging to sexual maturity. But that is comparing apples to oranges, as they say.

Cutting a branch off and rooting it does not alter it's genetic capabilities.
Fuck off mate the genetics are maturing which makes them better!!
What's wrong with you dumb cunts and ya stupid unnecessary photos!! 🤣

Indy

Misfit
User ID
@veritas629 It is a theory that could have some validity to it, but if there was I'd say two weeks would be maximum benefit to be had. But probably be about a week on average I'd say. Going by my experience with both methods.

BTW, veritas. We do have this erratic blow-in from time to time that likes to think it's intellect is well above anyone else here. And its method of delivery is usually a bit off. Virgil could've quite easily be this character again. To me, it's a persona that seems quite odd coming from a supposive grower.. *shrugs*

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID

Are you suggesting everything we read on the interwebs isn't automatically true....gasp!!! Although my clones have always taken the same flowering time as seeds, I'll still keep an open mind. There may be some savings for long flowering landrace sativas, that have been in veg for a very long time. But it's still not worth it. Assume 4 weeks from seed, cut a clone( takes 2 weeks to root,)give another 4 weeks for sexual maturity, then flower for 14 weeks. That's 24 weeks.........YAWN ..... In the same timeframe I would complete 2 full harvests of most hybrids( with a small second veg tent). Why the fuck would anyone be stupid enough to suggest that advice to a relativity newbie, is astounding stupidity. Brainless moron needs to take his head out of his arse. Unless he can make a $$$ promoting his fluffy seeded sativas, the cunts got nothing left to contribute to TSE.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Mate it's not something I've noticed, they tend to take as long the mother

What I actually think they are referring to is the amount of time needed for veg of clones is shorter allowing you to flower them quicker than seedlings of the same age
He was saying that and i agreed but also he did say on a few posts that the flower time is shorter from a clone!!

Pikey

Baked
User ID
he did say on a few posts that the flower time is shorter from a clone!!
That's exactly what he was claiming at first. He then later contradicted himself and attempted a position shift (classic fuckiwt move) in this post here :

No, that is a fact. Jump on any other forum in the world. Or just google it 'In contrast to seeds, clones need a shorter vegetation period. During that time they'll also grow faster than plants from seeds, because the clone is not an infant, but has the same age as its mother.' The time is relative of course because the seed plant existed before the clone. So you need to make adjustments. So on a timeline it would not be quicker but here is the rub. 20 clones off a seedplant will fill a room and be uniform in growth and habitat making feeding, watering and pretty much everything easier.

That's when I realised he was incapable of comprehending the "evidence" that he had googled :ROFLMAO: .

Last edited:

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
@veritas629 It is a theory that could have some validity to it, but if there was I'd say two weeks would be maximum benefit to be had. But probably be about a week on average I'd say. Going by my experience with both methods.

My gut suspects you're on the ball here Indy. But in the name of half-ass stoner science, I will perform a small experiment that has little genuine validity! I have seedlings right now and want to learn how to clone. I will top the plants in a couple weeks, as I usually do, make clones and plant them right next to their mothers. We'll see what happens, just for fun. Good practice for me and something everyone can vigorously discuss. And of course, pictures to show the very limited results....

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Are you suggesting everything we read on the interwebs isn't automatically true....gasp!!! Although my clones have always taken the same flowering time as seeds, I'll still keep an open mind. There may be some savings for long flowering landrace sativas, that have been in veg for a very long time. But it's still not worth it. Assume 4 weeks from seed, cut a clone( takes 2 weeks to root,)give another 4 weeks for sexual maturity, then flower for 14 weeks. That's 24 weeks.........YAWN ..... In the same timeframe I would complete 2 full harvests of most hybrids( with a small second veg tent). Why the fuck would anyone be stupid enough to suggest that advice to a relativity newbie, is astounding stupidity. Brainless moron needs to take his head out of his arse. Unless he can make a $$$ promoting his fluffy seeded sativas, the cunts got nothing left to contribute to TSE.
Some cuttings can root within a couple of days if taken at the right time and put into the right environment.

Veg time can definitely be reduced, the jury’s out with the heading time.

That’s all I’m saying 🤣

And I cloned it so now it’s going to be faster because I got some roots of a branch 🤣

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
As said it will save time vegging but flower time stays the same ,,,
By all means do your experiment veritas ,that way you’ll know for sure ,but to those that have done plenty of clones know there really isn’t much to discuss .
as it’s all been said in this thread .
except ,,and I will add ..
if you have a long flowering sativa that takes multiple weeks just to show sex and then take clones once it has sexed ,and getting close to begin flowering ,,put them strait on 12/12 to root they will hit actual flowering quicker than waiting those multiple weeks to start budding if you used seeds.

if the clones were put on 24/24 to root ,then the clone will revert back to veg mode, and then you will be waiting those multiple weeks again to get her sexed and into flowering.

Top Bottom