Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Ahh ok, were talking about flowering time? Yeah, I'd be skeptical about any gains to be had during flowering. I thought we were talking about vegative times. My mistake.

i thought it had something to do with what Virgil was trying to preach.
not too sure though coz I can’t be fucked reading it all again.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I stumbled across this bit that might’ve contributed to this Clone vs. Seedling theory. A bit mentioned on the Mr Nice Auctions site in regards to Neville's Haze.
A tip to those who do find a long flowering plant they wish to keep…clones usually finish 2-3 weeks quicker than the seed mother plant and therefore will give the grower a possibility to finish something that normally needs the tropics to grow in.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hey buddy, u can finish an auto on 12/12 but u be crazy madif u do
U need 2 pump those puppies with as much light as u can espec in flower
If anything put em outside instead of 12/12......trying 2 save u heartache here
Gotta disagree. DLI is more important than photoperiod with autos. For example 60k lux (960umol/s with my light) at 12 hours is more light than 35k lux (550umol/s) over 18 hours. This auto is on 11 hours and doing fine at week four of flower. As long as your dli is adequate it doesn't matter how many hours you give them tbh. I've pulled 6 oz off an auto and it was on 10.5 hours for the majority of flower.
IMG_20230310_222302.jpg
900umol/s over 12 hours is the same as 450umol/s over 24 hours at the end of the day, so relying on photon accumulation is a better go than just "X" hours.

It's a common misconception that autos "need more light". They don't, they just don't require a photoperiod change to initiate flower...autus will flower fine at an adequate DLI regardless of whether that dli is provided over 12/16 or 20 hours.

Last edited:

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I think every man and his dog understands that autos are not photoperiod compliant if not then stick 2 chilly peppers, u throwing out there flux copacitaters and dli sequencing which common man would scratch his scone and say this does not compute
My argument is after starting under T5's [no electricity], and following sun around outside, i will not state yields achieved as dont like doing that, i promise u that way over ure 6 zips is easily attained [no electricity] and if that dont equate 2 light hrs then i dont know what does
But thanks 4 ure comments

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I think every man and his dog understands that autos are not photoperiod compliant if not then stick 2 chilly peppers, u throwing out there flux copacitaters and dli sequencing which common man would scratch his scone and say this does not compute
My argument is after starting under T5's [no electricity], and following sun around outside, i will not state yields achieved as dont like doing that, i promise u that way over ure 6 zips is easily attained [no electricity] and if that dont equate 2 light hrs then i dont know what does
But thanks 4 ure comments
No arguments from me there. If I could grow outside I would still be taking full advantage of free furnace in the sky but I had to move indoors two years ago due to accommodation issues which was an incredibly big step backwards.

Nothing beats kicking back in your yard copping some sun with your plants and not burning through a ton of electricity in the process.

ShellzShuff3

Vegetating
User ID
Apologies if this is obvious to every one else haha. Just wondering, if you only know the sex of plants at pre-flower, does that mean you need to flip to 12/12 first before you know which are male or female?

Does that mean vegging all of the plants up to the size you want before flipping, then discarding males (which might be 100% of the plants).

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Apologies if this is obvious to every one else haha. Just wondering, if you only know the sex of plants at pre-flower, does that mean you need to flip to 12/12 first before you know which are male or female?

Does that mean vegging all of the plants up to the size you want before flipping, then discarding males (which might be 100% of the plants).
Just depends on the strain. Some will show sex around week four-five regardless of flip, some might take a few weeks longer. Some will be stubborn and require a flip.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
The answer to your question is no , you can tell after the 3rd or 4th week

As to how you do this is something that you'll have to learn for yourself

I put 2 seedlings outside this season with 3 stes of leaves , 1 male 1 female

Last yr 1 male 3 female, so it can be done

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Hasn't been my experience. Ive finished multiple strains of clones, which all flowered in similar timeframe as the mother. Didn't notice any difference.
I haven't noticed them flowering quicker but I have noticed if you cut a clone off when the plant has already shown its sex then the preflower period has been shorter. My theory is it already knows its sex because it went into preflower already then re vegged. I think that's what people are getting confused with thinking they flower quicker but I think they just start to flower faster and shaves a week off when people are counting from flip not actual flowering stage

Top Bottom