• Climate change IS NOT caused by human activities

• Climate change IS caused by human activities

• Climate change is happening and we SHOULD NOT be worried

• Climate change is happening and we SHOULD be worried

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
38 years of the "man made global warming" scam, and for the first time in me life, I was wearing long pants a jumper and a fucking beanie in January

Yeah I'm a believer (y)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I don't recall stating there's only "one" way to go with renewables. But if you're like many that want a combination of renewables, how well have you thought out the disposable methods of these systems when they come to the end of their lifespan. What happens to the battery banks, panels, wind turbines, etc? I got no idea, myself, but re-purposing/disposing a few spent fuel rods has surely going to be a simplier, more manageable than most of the other current tech that has surfaced in recent years.

With folks like Twiggy exploring Hydrogen, i see that as only being a good thing in time if they can sort it. As it is, Electric vehicles are a bad joke. Fooling people into thinking they've gone green themselves, but here we are recharging them via the grid that is powered coal fired power stations. To me, Hybird cars are the better option over full electric in this point in time if one was to go that way.

there’s already been huge leaps made in recycling of solar panels and lithium batteries in the last 5-10 years. Also it’s already greener to run an electric car powers by a non renewable grid than a petrol or diesel and it’ll only get better as more renewables are put into the network. The issue we currently face is distribution because our network isn’t set up to handle a large amount of smaller generators spread across the country, it’s set up for a few larger generators and there’s almost no money to be made in upgrading the grid so it’s unlikely that private companies will do so (and is partially the reason we have grid issues as it is because the private owners don’t put fuck all into it for maintenance let alone upgrade/expansion), currently grid stability/access is the largest hurdle renewables face in getting a construction project off the ground. If the fed government was smart they’d take control of the grid and maintain/upgrade it to spur on private investment in renewables.

Pedro de pacas

User ID
Co2 is the miracle greenhouse gas, it cause's hot and cold weather, droughts fires and floods
increased snow fall, no snow ever again, glaciers growing, and shrinking, I.E. normal weather lol

As me mate flim flam flannery said,
Tim Flannery on Landline in 2007, as reported in the Herald Sun 5/3/2013:

“PROFESSOR TIM FLANNERY: We’re already seeing the initial impacts and they include a decline in the winter rainfall zone across southern Australia, which is clearly an impact of climate change, but also a decrease in run-off. Although we’re getting say a 20 per cent decrease in rainfall in some areas of Australia, that’s translating to a 60 per cent decrease in the run-off into the dams and rivers. That’s because the soil is warmer because of global warming and the plants are under more stress and therefore using more moisture. So even the rain that falls isn’t actually going to fill our dams and our river systems, and that’s a real worry for the people in the bush. If that trend continues then I think we’re going to have serious problems, particularly for irrigation.”
there’s already been huge leaps made in recycling of solar panels and lithium batteries in the last 5-10 years. Also it’s already greener to run an electric car powers by a non renewable grid than a petrol or diesel and it’ll only get better as more renewables are put into the network. The issue we currently face is distribution because our network isn’t set up to handle a large amount of smaller generators spread across the country, it’s set up for a few larger generators and there’s almost no money to be made in upgrading the grid so it’s unlikely that private companies will do so (and is partially the reason we have grid issues as it is because the private owners don’t put fuck all into it for maintenance let alone upgrade/expansion), currently grid stability/access is the largest hurdle renewables face in getting a construction project off the ground. If the fed government was smart they’d take control of the grid and maintain/upgrade it to spur on private investment in renewables.
Used to work on the Vic electricity grid, your full of shit lol

benn0

Baked
User ID
I don't recall stating there's only "one" way to go with renewables. But if you're like many that want a combination of renewables, how well have you thought out the disposable methods of these systems when they come to the end of their lifespan. What happens to the battery banks, panels, wind turbines, etc? I got no idea, myself, but re-purposing/disposing a few spent fuel rods has surely going to be a simplier, more manageable than most of the other current tech that has surfaced in recent years.

With folks like Twiggy exploring Hydrogen, i see that as only being a good thing in time if they can sort it. As it is, Electric vehicles are a bad joke. Fooling people into thinking they've gone green themselves, but here we are recharging them via the grid that is powered coal fired power stations. To me, Hybird cars are the better option over full electric in this point in time if one was to go that way.
+1 for nuclear

Pedro de pacas

User ID
So ya going to charge up ya electric car using your home solar panels

How does that work, smallest LED car is about 45 kws, most home solar systems wont produce that
then there is the going to work problem, in the LED car I hope, so unless the moon powers ya panels, your fucked, and using coal

Just another scam, Electric cars are great ??, but don't kid yaself thinking your going to save the planet

Not that it needs saving lol

benn0

Baked
User ID
haha really

Its not an issue of cost, its an issue of infrastructure at the moment, you can't exactly jump in your hydrogen powered car and fill up with hydrogen when travelling across the nullabor
same as an electric car, you could maybe squander some leccky for a slower charge

Australia is well placed to literally lead the world for renewables, we have the sunshine, we have the people with minds and we have investors keen, even ol' mate twiggy see's the writing on the wall. Its just the government has squandered many a opportunity to block any meaning investment in renewables. Its only the last couple years we are seeing the Libs reluctantly lift their thumb or foot off of renewables to allow them to establish

benn0

Baked
User ID
So ya going to charge up ya electric car using your home solar panels

How does that work, smallest LED car is about 45 kws, most home solar systems wont produce that
then there is the going to work problem, in the LED car I hope, so unless the moon powers ya panels, your fucked, and using coal

Just another scam, Electric cars are great ??, but don't kid yaself thinking your going to save the planet

Not that it needs saving lol
The only reason why human civilization has flourished is because of greed, its just worked out well the personal greed has pushed science and technology forward.

I honestly don't understand why you don't understand this, your 1 defence is, solar wont work when sun dont shine and shit.

It's going to take a mix of renewables, including implementing nuclear and storage, and most definetly an overhaul of Australias aging power grids (likely the reason Gladys sold of NSW's poles and wires).

R3za92

Baked
User ID
+1 for nuclear
Too expensive and take too long to build vs renewables m and that’s before we look at the safety factor

Pedro de pacas

User ID
OK lets build the worlds largest solar panel farm in the world, chuck in the middle of OZ, plenty of sunshine there
could produce all of Australia's electricity needs

What is stopping that from happening ?, what would the cost be ?, what sort of transmission loses would we have powering up the Capital city's ????????

Pedro de pacas

User ID
The only reason why human civilization has flourished is because of greed, its just worked out well the personal greed has pushed science and technology forward.
lol what can one say to that, a round of applause is all I got

clap clap clap

benn0

Baked
User ID
OK lets build the worlds largest solar panel farm in the world, chuck in the middle of OZ, plenty of sunshine there

What is stopping that from happening ?, what would the cost be ?, what sort of transmission loses would we have powering up the Capital city's ????????
Investment and the government lol
Transmission losses for AC power would be too gnarly, it would require a DC grid. HAHAHA

R3za92

Baked
User ID

You do realise that currently 20+% of our grid is currently renewables right? And that figure is growing every year.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Investment and the government lol
Transmission losses for AC power would be too gnarly, it would require a DC grid. HAHAHA
Or just dc long range transmission to localalised distribution stations to switch back to ac.

also throwing some money down the superconductor route and making it a variable technology would greatly benefit our country

benn0

Baked
User ID
yeah that's why me power bill went up 80% this year

Pity the piss poor old cunt that can't afford to heat there homes in winter
your power bill went up because of the shithouse infrastructure and the squandering of innovation by the government. You can't come back and say closed down power plants

R3za92

Baked
User ID
your power bill went up because of the shithouse infrastructure and the squandering of innovation by the government. You can't come back and say closed down power plants
Fact. Our grids an ageing patchwork of repairs. Ever since it was sold to private companies less and less maintenance is being carried out.

benn0

Baked
User ID
Or just dc long range transmission to localalised distribution stations to switch back to ac.

also throwing some money down the superconductor route and making it a variable technology would greatly benefit our country
yeah thats what I was thinking of, not a whole revamp of 240v AC to DC lol

Superconductors are about to transform power generation, I think we've now got superconductors at around dry ice temperatures which is impressive, making it cheaper and easier to transmit electricity

Pedro de pacas

User ID
Gold plated infrastructure around here, it was the state governments that never kept it upgraded

Top Bottom