• Climate change IS caused by human activities

• Climate change is happening and we SHOULD NOT be worried

• Climate change is happening and we SHOULD be worried

Results are only viewable after voting.

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
once again it all comes down to money....................
we need the current coal powered systems to help the fledgeling renewables
setups get up to speed but we SHOULD be aiming toward a goal of phasing out coal mining and being self reliant on the renewables.
It will take awhile to achieve so the people who only care about feathering their own nests still have plenty of time to make ya money

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
Is money bad ?, fuck I wish I had heaps more

Man made climate change is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
guess who is paying, fucking tax payers as usual (y)

Probably wont affect you by the sounds of your hate for the almighty $ 🤣🤣

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Been keen on nuclear for a while now. We got the resources and we'd probably be better at managing it than other countries if it was managed by the private sector.
Cost vs safety is nuclear biggest issue. It’s not that nuclear is unsafe it’s the enormity of the issues that arise if something does go wrong.

Personally I think the desert in the middle of our continent would be ideal for solar farms (if someone put the power infrastructure in place), plenty of costal mountain ranges perfect for wind farms and for future Investment/development our southern coast/ocean would be ideal for the placement of wave powered generators.

Pedro de pacas

User ID
Twiggy is onto it already, using solar to create hydrogen to export to Asia, he's one of them "greedy rich cunts" HGO knows about

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Twiggy is onto it already, using solar to create hydrogen to export to Asia, he's one of them "greedy rich cunts" HGO knows about

wait so twiggy is helping build a 150mw solar farm plus battery but renewables aren’t the future. Why aren’t they just building a coal fired generator

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Ultimately hydrogen would be the go, but thought we're a fair way off from being viable yet? Good to see Twiggy throwing a billion into the ring though. 👍

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Ultimately hydrogen would be the go, but thought we're a fair way off from being viable yet? Good to see Twiggy throwing a billion into the ring though. 👍
Is there really going to be “one” way to go? Hydrogen has issues with distribution and production. Takes a lot of energy to produce currently so it’s only green if it’s produced with renewables. Future generation should be a mix of technologies so we aren’t solely reliant on one like we currently are coal.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

You have a real problem with idiolising the rich dont ya. Must be hard to live ya whole life wanting to be rich but being to stupid to achieve it. 😂😂

Pedro de pacas

User ID
You have a real problem with idiolising the rich dont ya. Must be hard to live ya whole life wanting to be rich but being to stupid to achieve it. 😂😂
You really are a spastic cunt aren't ya

the only cunt I idolize is you me little midget mate, just not sure what for, having a brain is not it that's for sure
I reckon one of your little small wee pigmy LED buds would be huge compared to it

Probably bigger than your little corkscrew cock as well, I'll ask Sir Billy he will know, probably got a pic of it on his wall

benn0

Baked
User ID
Climate denialism comes from the rich, if they have to suddenly admit that what their industries are doing they loose their moral license at the least.

Does anyone here think that smoking cigarettes does not cause cancer?
Because this is what it is all over again, except there is a multi trillion dollar industry at stake.

Pedro de pacas

User ID
Funny thread, most of you dickheads will believe anything ya told to by the look of it

Good luck with it all, you poor arse DC's might want to think about improving your financial position hey

Electric cars are not cheap, you get to replace them every 6-8-10 ? years, be no second hand market
price of power has been going thru the roof because of ya stupid renewable crap

its got nothing to do with ciggies and cancer, that's just a stupid comparison
the only trillion $ industry here, is the climate scam, them cunts are just taking the piss and ya $$

I wont bother waiting for someone to post some facts, all you fanatical believers need is belief, ya worse than God botherer's

Good luck saving the planet hey, not that it gives a fuck

Viva La ASX

benn0

Baked
User ID
Funny thread, most of you dickheads will believe anything ya told to by the look of it

Good luck with it all, you poor arse DC's might want to think about improving your financial position hey

Electric cars are not cheap, you get to replace them every 6-8-10 ? years, be no second hand market
price of power has been going thru the roof because of ya stupid renewable crap

its got nothing to do with ciggies and cancer, that's just a stupid comparison
the only trillion $ industry here, is the climate scam, them cunts are just taking the piss and ya $$

I wont bother waiting for someone to post some facts, all you fanatical believers need is belief, ya worse than God botherer's

Good luck saving the planet hey, not that it gives a fuck

Viva La ASX
Interesting how you've assumed we are poor or welfare recipients

Electric cars are not cheap because our government slaps a luxury car tax on them because by the time they enter australia they are sky high. There's one that I can't remember off the top of my head that doesn't have a luxury car tax on it and is reasonably affordable.
There will be a second hand market for electric cars as the only consumables are what a battery pack? and there is an active science behind battery packs both for recycling and bringing down their cost and increasing their efficiency, life-span and discharge-recharge cycles.

Surprisingly, my belief, here in Australia, due to extreme distances we have to travel and most of our country is sparsely populated we are going to be dependent on petrol cars for a long time. some of my friends have invested in a big ass v8 patrol when going on holiday interstate with their family and a little fuel efficient run about for city/town and I'm against the issue of removing all foss cars from the road by 2030 or 2050 or something whatever it was last election.

Viva La ASX alright.
Do you have any super squandered away? I bet your superfund is dumping foss industry like a lead balloon

Last edited:

R3za92

Baked
User ID

Electric cars are not cheap because our government slaps a luxury car tax on them because by the time they enter australia they are sky high. There's one that I can't remember off the top of my head that doesn't have a luxury car tax on it and is reasonably affordable.
There will be a second hand market for electric cars as the only consumables are what a battery pack? and there is an active science behind battery packs both for recycling and bringing down their cost and increasing their efficiency, life-span and discharge-recharge cycles.

Surprisingly, my belief, here in Australia, due to extreme distances we have to travel and most of our country is sparsely populated we are going to be dependent on petrol cars for a long time. some of my friends have invested in a big ass v8 patrol when going on holiday interstate with their family and a little fuel efficient run about for city/town and I'm against the issue of removing all foss cars from the road by 2030 or 2050 or something whatever it was last election.

Viva La ASX alright.
Do you have any super squandered away? I bet your superfund is dumping foss industry like a lead balloon

haha really

R3za92

Baked
User ID

Viva La ASX alright.
Hydrogen or a little future planning for a quick charger network between major cities would Allows us to move away from fossil fuel reliant transport.

drgreenthumb

All time Shittest Trimmer.
User ID
Is there really going to be “one” way to go? Hydrogen has issues with distribution and production. Takes a lot of energy to produce currently so it’s only green if it’s produced with renewables. Future generation should be a mix of technologies so we aren’t solely reliant on one like we currently are coal.
It's definitely going to be the thing to watch. Even if it isn't green, grey brown and blue are still going to be big money makers and beneficial for utilising the emission and problems with heavy industry and fossil fuels, Which aren't going anywhere anytime soon wether people like it or not!

Everyone loves their phones, computers and pretty much anything else that has a little bit of metal or plastic in it too much (how else would they be able to argue with people from all over the world about how bad heavy mining and industry is!!)

This is giving a chance to minimise the impact of industry and supplement the energy demand.

Once nano technology and/or super-conductors are sorted, it will give hydrogen a massive boost.

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID

I don't recall stating there's only "one" way to go with renewables. But if you're like many that want a combination of renewables, how well have you thought out the disposable methods of these systems when they come to the end of their lifespan. What happens to the battery banks, panels, wind turbines, etc? I got no idea, myself, but re-purposing/disposing a few spent fuel rods has surely going to be a simplier, more manageable than most of the other current tech that has surfaced in recent years.

With folks like Twiggy exploring Hydrogen, i see that as only being a good thing in time if they can sort it. As it is, Electric vehicles are a bad joke. Fooling people into thinking they've gone green themselves, but here we are recharging them via the grid that is powered coal fired power stations. To me, Hybird cars are the better option over full electric in this point in time if one was to go that way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom