• Climate change IS NOT caused by human activities

• Climate change IS caused by human activities

• Climate change is happening and we SHOULD NOT be worried

• Climate change is happening and we SHOULD be worried

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
Should build some coal ones, fuck we supply coal to other cuntry's, they get cheap power to manufacture cheap shit to sell to us
or is it only Australia saving the planet ??

we got DC's running this shit show in OZ, both sides

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
So is our eastern seaboard. For the same money over the same time you could build 4-6x more renewable capacity which is unlikely to have delays which cost even more money.
Without even getting into the safety aspects they simply cost too much to build.

Big difference in the tectonic plates between our coastline and Japan's. Ours is quite a fair way off the coastline and reasonably shallow in comparison to Japan's coastline where it's quite close and deep and very active. Which is why they get rattled and smashed by tsunami's more often than we have. When was our last good rattle, Newcastlse, '89? Take ya pick and have a gander at the tectonic plates for yourself

Also, you keep offering up the idea renewables are cheaper comparison than nuclear without offering up any figures. Might pay to throw up some info to back that claim of yours.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yea you're probably right. All the worlds leading nuclear scientist, physicist and engineers didn't have a clue what they were doing but a few people and a guy on a weed forum with with their preferred option of 'micro' reactors along the coastline are onto it!!!!

Righto lets start building boys!!!!!

It's not a new idea, champ. At least we got one minister that's prepared to put it to parliment for consideration. Where's the harm in exploring that option, or aren't we open to sharing ideas anymore?

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Big difference in the tectonic plates between our coastline and Japan's. Ours is quite a fair way off the coastline and reasonably shallow in comparison to Japan's coastline where it's quite close and deep and very active. Which is why they get rattled and smashed by tsunami's more often than we have. When was our last good rattle, Newcastlse, '89? Take ya pick and have a gander at the tectonic plates for yourself

Also, you keep offering up the idea renewables are cheaper comparison than nuclear without offering up any figures. Might pay to throw up some info to back that claim of yours.
Here’s 2 articles that have the figures you’re after. I’m sure you can do further research from there.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yea you're probably right. All the worlds leading nuclear scientist, physicist and engineers didn't have a clue what they were doing but a few people and a guy on a weed forum with with their preferred option of 'micro' reactors along the coastline are onto it!!!!

Righto lets start building boys!!!!!

I’ll start stockpiling smoke detectors

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Here’s 2 articles that have the figures you’re after. I’m sure you can do further research from there.

Fuck me, you use the Frogs 'n the ABC's opinions as a reference. They'll certainly offer up non-biased information won't they?

You better off taking the info from a country that is carbon neutral or nearly there with it. Isn't it Norway or Iceland that's pretty well nailed it? They're the one's offering up genuine proven results.

Last edited:

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Fuck me, you use the Frogs 'n the ABC's opinions as a reference. They'll certainly offer up non-biased information won't they?

You better off taking the info from a country that is carbon neutral or nearly there with it. Isn't it Norway or Iceland that's pretty well nailed? They're the one's offering up genuine proven results.
Feel free to provide some figures/articles to the contrary. I just grabbed a few quick links off my phone. I dislike doing major research on such a small screen

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Feel free to provide some figures/articles to the contrary. I just grabbed a few quick links off my phone. I dislike doing major research on such a small screen

I wasn't the one making statements about the costings of it all now, was i?

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I wasn't the one making statements about the costings of it all now, was i?
I grabbed 2 of what is a multitude of sources that all say the same thing. What’s the issue, I also said go do your own research.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I grabbed 2 of what is a multitude of sources that all say the same thing. What’s the issue, I also said go do your own research.

The issue probably lays with the idea that you seem to think i need to research something to back up your opinion. Sorry, bud. I don't care for it.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Prove it then, with some mob that doesn't have a agenda.
Yeah nah I’m not interested in spoon feeding you. If the links I provided don’t suffice and you can’t be bothered to do a 5min google search to disprove what I’ve linked than why the fuck should I post anything else. Like fuck who’s data would suffice? Like the abc article lists where it’s getting its figures from

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah nah I’m not interested in sooon feeding you. If the links I provided don’t suffice and you can’t be bothered to do a 5min google search to disprove what I’ve linked than why the fuck should I post anything else. Like fuck who’s data would suffice? Like the abc article lists where it’s getting its figures from

It may not pay to gob off too much then if you're not prepared to back up the same shit you choose to bang on about without a reliable source of information then. You threw that one out there 3 times iirc, and i'm the cunt because i asked you to back it up?

If you haven't figured it out yet, i'm quite neutral on the subject and open to other folks ideas. Even nuclear. ;)

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
This day 'n age we do need our own nukes. Defensively as we stand, we've dropped our draws 'n bent over ready to cop it royally from any other nation with the ability to do so..
The days of the cold war and nukes are long gone. We are at war right now with Chinese they are just using computers, viruses, multinational company buy ups and economic coercion. They to smart to actually outright attack anyone because they don't need too.

Last edited:

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
We are at war right now with Chinese are they just using computers, viruses......
I don't usually participate in these types of discussions but if anyone doesn't know what Stuxnet is I would highly recommend looking into it.

A good documentary on it is called Zero Days. It's not conspirical or anything like that. I remember following all the news about it when the story broke years ago but this is a very summary of everything that happened.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
The days of the cold war and nukes are long gone. We are at war right now with Chinese are they just using computers, viruses, multinational company buy ups and economic coercion. They to smart to actually outright attack anyone because they don't need too.
Maybe, man. Just can't hlp but feel we're pretty vunerable compared to how the rest of the world has armed themselves over the last couple of decades. Infact, i think our Tiger heli's and troop carrier is the laughing stock ofthe defensive world, as well as the F-35's needed new fitouts even before they landed in the country from the states. I dare not mention our navy's record.

Top Bottom