Spore-tacular Shenanigans

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
taking the bag out this AM it’s hard not to get a bit excited, they appear to be pumping along (sorry about shit pic - will remember to take pic BEFORE spraying inside of bag next time)

874F6938-BD69-4B7A-AD9C-508DFDF6EEAB.jpeg

no obvious signs of mould elsewhere so 🤞

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
I'll never do Blue Meanie's ever again. Last time i took them there was very little buzz from 'em, that resulted with me being poisoned for the best part of a week. Hasn't spooked me off mushies though, just the meanies.
Yeah hearing ya, each to their own but mushrooms scare the fuck outta me.

Despite as a kid doing “magic mushrooms” which were loaded with lsd

🙄

Anaken Moonwalk

Vegetating
User ID
Cheers Orb (y)

I had no idea what I was doing.. just opened up to harvest, sprayed everything a bit with water then re sealed with micropore (with some difficulty haha). I suspect there was a little bit of mould starting to grow on the surface of the cake so won't be surprised if it's all over from here. It's been a fun little adventure but jeez requires some serious patience.. 😅

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Seen his vids, 90 second mycology is a good one too
Yeah I dabbled with the 90 second rice bags it's about a 60/40 success rate 40 being the successful side. If you have a laminar flow hood you'd be right it's just cutting the corner off and adding the tape is where the procedure fails me. I suspect the mold spores get in then. I've moved onto small growbags that hold about 500ml of rice about the same as a jar so I don't have to clean jars out and it's easier to mix you don't have to bang shit out of and shake the jars you can just manipulate it through the bag

Goonie Goat

Curing
User ID
Yeah I dabbled with the 90 second rice bags it's about a 60/40 success rate 40 being the successful side. If you have a laminar flow hood you'd be right it's just cutting the corner off and adding the tape is where the procedure fails me. I suspect the mold spores get in then. I've moved onto small growbags that hold about 500ml of rice about the same as a jar so I don't have to clean jars out and it's easier to mix you don't have to bang shit out of and shake the jars you can just manipulate it through the bag
Yeah I did about 10 of them, had 1 get contaminated which wasn't bad at all but i transferred colonized agar into them instead of spore syringe because I only had spore swabs. That birdseed method in jars seems alright too. So many ways to skin a cat when it comes to growing mushies gotta love it 😄

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Yeah I did about 10 of them, had 1 get contaminated which wasn't bad at all but i transferred colonized agar into them instead of spore syringe because I only had spore swabs. That birdseed method in jars seems alright too. So many ways to skin a cat when it comes to growing mushies gotta love it 😄
And they take up less real estate

Top Bottom