Spore-tacular Shenanigans

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I had a couple germinate but the container has dried out. I have another packet that I plan on starting soon.
i was looking into cacti very briefly - I’d tried a couple overseas, a long time ago but had poor experiences (one very mild, one total shit)

what is the grow time from seeds - I’d somewhere read it was years for even the fastest growing??

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
i was looking into cacti very briefly - I’d tried a couple overseas, a long time ago but had poor experiences (one very mild, one total shit)

what is the grow time from seeds - I’d somewhere read it was years for even the fastest growing??
Yeah it can take awhile. I’ve only just got into cacti.

I have some pups gifted that are about two years old.

Lots of seeds too. But peyote certainly takes a long time.

If you can get some pereskiopsis then grafting onto them will fast track the growth

@frankreynolds would have more knowledge on them

Reactions: Orb

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Yeah I have grafted before but they didn’t work and now I have let my pereskiopsis crop die too so I’m needing more graft stock.
Rookie mistakes so next time I will make sure I have plenty of root stock

Reactions: Orb

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I have grafted before but they didn’t work and now I have let my pereskiopsis crop die too so I’m needing more graft stock.
Rookie mistakes so next time I will make sure I have plenty of root stock
great look forward to following that if ur game to have a diary and we’re both here a few years!

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Let her rip mate only thing to watch is it will be more susceptible to mold on the parts that aren't colinated. When I do totes if I see mods starting in a spot I get a spoon full of iso and soak the spot and it slows it down gives you a chance to get to the finish line

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Let her rip mate only thing to watch is it will be more susceptible to mold on the parts that aren't colinated. When I do totes if I see mods starting in a spot I get a spoon full of iso and soak the spot and it slows it down gives you a chance to get to the finish line
thanks for the nod @Hudo, I’ve got my fancy new spray bottle, some distilled water, micropore tape and iso ready to go!

3286588C-E860-46E5-9307-CBC1C2E199B3.jpeg

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Loving your thread orb following along with interest, just wondering is there somewhere you can recommend I can read up on growing shrooms how it's all done and shit like that
yeah mate there are a couple of great threads on TSE (search for Mycology or mushrooms) plus a few experienced growers here too

beyond that YouTube is great and the rookie mycologist has some useful vids for beginners

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Loving your thread orb following along with interest, just wondering is there somewhere you can recommend I can read up on growing shrooms how it's all done and shit like that
I agree Terry, this is a great grow. I just got a book by Seth Warner recently, nice simple state of the art methods with links to more. Got so inspired, I bought a dehydrator, as in the current weather there’s goldies 100m from home. Thought I’d dry a few for a non-rainy day 🤪

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I agree Terry, this is a great grow. I just got a book by Seth Warner recently, nice simple state of the art methods with links to more. Got so inspired, I bought a dehydrator, as in the current weather there’s goldies 100m from home. Thought I’d dry a few for a non-rainy day 🤪
Take spore prints too.

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Aye, Ayeshroomer. I think I need to focus on weed. There so close to home, so I pick and dry them for Ron. I’m flat out and growing shrooms would do my head 😂 Mate up the valley is setting up a shroom lab, so I’ll watch him and learn.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Is a spore print for growing or ID?
It’s to collect the spores for cultivation but it does help to id them too

Just cut of them stem and lay them on tin foil. Place a container over it to create humidity and protect them. 10 hours later you have spores. 🍄🍄🍄🍄
Even if you didn’t want to grow your own it’s good to have a local supply of spores. I for one would love more Aussie varieties.

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
so loving how quickly this grow accelerates - after seeing lots of pins yesterday, wiped things down with iso, made two cuts below level of the patch, tried to exchange a little air, gave the bag walls a wee misting and patched up with micropore tape, left on the kitchen table 12 hours (no direct sunlight) before it goes into the box for 12 hours.

Pic below is 24 hours after the cut, clearly humid in the bag which I’m hopeful is good!

B3A4B9D8-D1D5-4CEC-A396-DDEAFF4FC02B.jpeg

and close up through the plastic u can kinda make out what is going on a bit better

FC1F6283-7995-4FC8-AC87-34A8BAE1F52E.jpeg

Top Bottom