Spider Farmer AKA MARS Hydro AKA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN CHINESE SHITE!!!!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

BeBird

Germinating
User ID
So billy has me putting on my tin foil hat.

Looking at exhaust fans.
Seen on eBay the brand Hydro Grozy.
The images of there in-line fans look exactly like AC cloudline fans. Even the image which has the filter and air flow coloured with red and blue.

I know this isn’t new. EBay stores have been copy and pasting images to sell their knock off products.

I want to know though are they actually building these products to copy but just using inferior materials or are that buying ac products and rebranding them.

View attachment 31637View attachment 31638
Depends, definately will be mobs doing rip-offs, but you can deal direct with Chineese manufactureres who make a certain product for various retailers to their varied specifications and branding. I have been using various Chineese vendors to fabricate things for me over the years for other non-cannabis growing I am doing. Unless they have a NDA with a company and you are willing to pay, they will work with you. Also your buying power (qty) will dictate your quality to a certain level. I use them for component manufacture to my specification then do my own assembly. I have seen heaps of the AC infinity style fans and controllers it is a bit of a norm. I am working with a lighting manufacturer who I know provides components to 6 lighting companies in UK/USA. It just isn't economical to buy the machines to punch out PCBs with the SMDs at the price they can. (Just my experience/2c)

BeBird

Germinating
User ID
Depends, definately will be mobs doing rip-offs, but you can deal direct with Chineese manufactureres who make a certain product for various retailers to their varied specifications and branding. I have been using various Chineese vendors to fabricate things for me over the years for other non-cannabis growing I am doing. Unless they have a NDA with a company and you are willing to pay, they will work with you. Also your buying power (qty) will dictate your quality to a certain level. I use them for component manufacture to my specification then do my own assembly. I have seen heaps of the AC infinity style fans and controllers it is a bit of a norm. I am working with a lighting manufacturer who I know provides components to 6 lighting companies in UK/USA. It just isn't economical to buy the machines to punch out PCBs with the SMDs at the price they can. (Just my experience/2c)
Here is the recent temp rise check I requested on the PCBs with SMDs on all 3 channels at full power. Allows me to consider the housing design and cooling requiremnets etc. I always keep my drivers remote.

Attachments

• 33D93F25-2808-465F-AC56-617E08E246AD.jpeg
    33D93F25-2808-465F-AC56-617E08E246AD.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 19

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
This probably doesn't mean much here, but was looking at lights earlier and saw these "greenfingers" branded led's. Available from quite a few sellers in oz, even woolies has them. In the description, it starts out by saying it's a greenfingers quantum board. Get to the features part... and it flat out just says it's a mars hydro light. What ze fuch?
20230225_130029.jpg
20230225_130055.jpg

Rocket

Vegetating
User ID
Woollies buy cheap Chinese crap and sell it as big markup as most of the sales are after pay etc

4800 watts, think it's going to overload most home circuit breakers when are appliances are also on
Yep that's 20 amps by itself, which is the trip current of most power circuits.... couldn't even run a fan with it on the same circuit.

edit, although it could be one of those stupid statements where it's actually 1200w and they give this 4800w as some kind of comparison rate to HID's.

BeBird

Germinating
User ID
This probably doesn't mean much here, but was looking at lights earlier and saw these "greenfingers" branded led's. Available from quite a few sellers in oz, even woolies has them. In the description, it starts out by saying it's a greenfingers quantum board. Get to the features part... and it flat out just says it's a mars hydro light. What ze fuch?
View attachment 31798
View attachment 31799
Comon mate at least support aussie made harvey norman and he'll throw in some more watts for ya

187C9A0B-CC22-4394-B38C-5A9D5B498EF7.jpeg

Abnormal÷curiosity

Vegetating
User ID
Finally got around to setting up my new SE5000 today! Got it all put together and I was pretty impressed with the build quality all-round.

....BUT, when I power her on FUCK! It seems a nice size chunk of the diodes on one of the bars are dead :mad: So, no quality control/testing before they go out the door it would seem :unsure:

All I can say is I'm pretty fuckin' unimpressed @Chita Spiderfarmer. I've emailed re: warranty coverage and will wait to see how they handle it.

Good or Bad I will report back on their customer service. 🤞Here's hoping they are better than Mars :rolleyes:

View attachment 22762
How'd u go with warranty amd is it like that because u fu ked up putting it together

Abnormal÷curiosity

Vegetating
User ID
Just got my reply. Turns out (after waiting for 8 weeks) that Spider Farmer does not have/make the part anymore and will not be sending me a replacement bar!

But they have offered me $50 for my trouble i.e. Selling me a damaged light as brand new that is of NO use to me. Telling me they would fix it, waiting 8 weeks and then ghosting me until they finally admit they don't have the part and are only willing to offer $50 compensation :ROFLMAO:

What a fucking joke! Looks like it's time to contact the office of fair traiding and see what can be done under consumer law. :rolleyes:
Oh man thats fucked I thought the post after my last message was all that had loaded the rest of the posts loaded after surely the fact thay said thay replace means thay have ti regardless off if thay make the part or not so far it seems I will not be giving spider farmer my money also I'd find out when that part stopped beinganufacured do thay have that bar in stock still seems there dogy either way I mean thaybdontnreally seem to jump.at the chance to probe people wrong tbh tho I think every one jere who has used the product should post if thaybthink it's shit and then tse should drop them as a sponser

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
View attachment 31798
View attachment 31799
There on gumtree to

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Yep that's 20 amps by itself, which is the trip current of most power circuits.... couldn't even run a fan with it on the same circuit.

edit, although it could be one of those stupid statements where it's actually 1200w and they give this 4800w as some kind of comparison rate to HID's.
Yeah 20amps is just a no go on any std house circuit, most are protected by 10amp mcb even industrial stuff can demand a 15amp socket say for a welder for example, but that needs to be specifically fitted, and has a larger earth pin to prevent plugging into a 10amp circuit.

Top Bottom