Spider Farmer AKA MARS Hydro AKA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN CHINESE SHITE!!!!

User ID
I wish I'd read this before I bought a SF grow tent and accouterments and started to assemble it UNDER my house! I'll have to fork out for a smart heat sensor.
There is no doubting Spiderfarmer/Mars use some mediocre parts, lack decent quality control and their after sales/warranty service is poor to non existent. Oh and the odd house burns down but realistically, they're probably in the top 2-3 in grow light sales worldwide for mid range home growlights, so theres bound to be a few more publicised failures.

Regardless keep your eye on it but you should be right... A fan blowing over the light and driver is not a bad idea either ;)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
There is no doubting Spiderfarmer/Mars use some mediocre parts, lack decent quality control and their after sales/warranty service is poor to non existent. Oh and the odd house burns down but realistically, they're probably in the top 2-3 in grow light sales worldwide for mid range home growlights, so theres bound to be a few more publicised failures.

Regardless keep your eye on it but you should be right... A fan blowing over the light and driver is not a bad idea either

Duck me.

Yeah, ignore the risk. Support the dodgy fucks!! 😝

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID

Regardless keep your eye on it but you should be right... A fan blowing over the light and driver is not a bad idea either
Good advice
I have a mars but have extra heat sinks on the drivers and try get fan on them.
Plus I open up and do the quality control check they should do but don’t, ie check connections tight etc.
They not the best, but reasonable if you take apart and check safe.
As for grow again not the best, but you get what you pay for, ok as an interim to a quality led.
But I’m no expert.
(Don’t try this at home folks 😂)

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Good advice
I have a mars but have extra heat sinks on the drivers and try get fan on them.
Plus I open up and do the quality control check they should do but don’t, ie check connections tight etc.
They not the best, but reasonable if you take apart and check safe.
As for grow again not the best, but you get what you pay for, ok as an interim to a quality led.
But I’m no expert.
(Don’t try this at home folks 😂)

Duck me twice. 😂

Northface Gorilla

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah 20amps is just a no go on any std house circuit, most are protected by 10amp mcb even industrial stuff can demand a 15amp socket say for a welder for example, but that needs to be specifically fitted, and has a larger earth pin to prevent plugging into a 10amp circuit.
I think your thinking of 15amp PowerPoints that have a larger earth and their own circuit breaker. Also think it’s actually 16 amp as standard for a power circuit it’s 10 amp for lights.

But as you said can’t push anywhere close to 20 amp

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Those with Sosen LED Drivers (that come with some SF lights) might want to be cautious with the lead going into the Potentiometer box, as it's only partially retained by a zip-tie. In fact, be cautious of the entire box. It's that thin and flimsy it looks as if it wouldn't take much to break it..

ptntmtr01.jpg

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
If ,,and once it’s legal to grow here I could see plenty of complaints being lodged against SF.

That shouldn’t even be a concern. Shit products should be reported, but what can any local authorities do?

I can’t believe they can operate and sell in Australia yet likely avoid any GST or company tax requirements.

Dogs.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
That shouldn’t even be a concern. Shit products should be reported, but what can any local authorities do?

I can’t believe they can operate and sell in Australia yet likely avoid any GST or company tax requirements.

Dogs.
Contact Asic and report their conduct!!
Tell em how they told you to do your own electrical work which in Australia is illegal if your not a licensed electrician!!
If you could get Shit farmer banned it Australia you would become a God!! 🤣

Top Bottom