Spider Farmer AKA MARS Hydro AKA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN CHINESE SHITE!!!!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yep, now it all makes sense... Dotts has used all the "spiderfarmer money" to fund a move to quality HLG LEDs :unsure:

Phase 1: Collect underpants "spiderfarmer money"
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit = spend on HLG Scorpion Diablo ☀️:cool:

...if that's how it went down, then I'm fine with that ;)
Dotts knows the lay of the land alright🤟. But very ordinary customer service by SF. Surprised they have been able to build up their business, with poor after sales support. Name and shame, so as customers we buy elsewhere with our wallets.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Little update re: my faulty SE5000... it is now 8 weeks (2 months) since they told me I would have my replacement in "1.5 months". I've contacted them to see what the hold up is and they are no longer responding to any of my emails. However (using another email account) I sent them a message inquiring about buying a SE5000 and they were right onto a reply ...I guess that's their customer service for ya :unsure:

Somehow I think he already was and was looking for a bit more from than that

Not a very good look is it

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikey

Baked
User ID
After the purchase of products need any help can contact our after-sales service🙂
Just got my reply. Turns out (after waiting for 8 weeks) that Spider Farmer does not have/make the part anymore and will not be sending me a replacement bar!

But they have offered me $50 for my trouble i.e. Selling me a damaged light as brand new that is of NO use to me. Telling me they would fix it, waiting 8 weeks and then ghosting me until they finally admit they don't have the part and are only willing to offer $50 compensation :ROFLMAO:

What a fucking joke! Looks like it's time to contact the office of fair traiding and see what can be done under consumer law. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Just got my reply. Turns out (after waiting for 8 weeks) that Spider Farmer does not have/make the part anymore and will not be sending me a replacement bar!

But they have offered me $50 for my trouble i.e. Selling me a damaged light as brand new that is of NO use to me. Telling me they would fix it, waiting 8 weeks and then ghosting me until they finally admit they don't have the part and are only willing to offer $50 compensation :ROFLMAO:

What a fucking joke! Looks like it's time to contact the office of fair traiding and see what they can do under consumer law. :rolleyes:

Geez, that is piss poor. How much was the light originally?

@Chita Spiderfarmer ? @Spider Farmer ?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Little update re: my faulty SE5000... it is now 8 weeks (2 months) since they told me I would have my replacement in "1.5 months". I've contacted them to see what the hold up is and they are no longer responding to any of my emails. However (using another email account) I sent them a message inquiring about buying a SE5000 and they were right onto a reply ...I guess that's their customer service for ya :unsure:

Somehow I think he already was and was looking for a bit more from than that

It was a prize you guys gave out

Not a very good look is it
I wish it was a freeby Mic! But, no this was a light I paid hundreds of dollars for and have yet to get any use of at all. :mad:

Madmick

Baked
User ID
So no warranty at all , buying them cheap from China, selling them as quality knowing if they fuckup there's nothing the customer can do or hheh will do

Supplying a new light even if it's a different model would directly come off their profits

That's why there's no warranty, easy out for them , anything faulty they would have to send back to China unless they had a authorised repaired here in OZ

I doubt They have that

Indy

Misfit
User ID

What a fucking joke! Looks like it's time to contact the office of fair traiding and see what can be done under consumer law. :rolleyes:
Should send you a whole new light diff model if need be, not easily fixed like mine was

Absolutely, while they're still selling them on their site there's no reason they can't help you with a replacement bar or kit.

SE 5000

Someone is talking shit

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Absolutely, while they're still selling them on their site there's no reason they can't help you with a replacement bar or kit.

SE 5000

Someone is talking shit
Mine is the "old style" SE5000 ...I wonder why they upgraded the model ...known problems maybe :unsure:

You're right though, if they are still selling the light (whichever model) then I don't see why they can't just swap it for the current SE5000, that or refund my money 🤷‍♂️.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what they are obligated to do under Australian Consumer Law ⚖️

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
So the warranty is worthless,, it boils down to their discretion
on the day ,,which seems how most days are with spiderfarmer going from what I read on trustpilot…

check out the first line …
C1D2BBDD-D46D-4330-A797-3497C5DE5470.png
ah you customer want service ?. Nah customer just anyone. no service.!

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Mine is the "old style" SE5000 ...I wonder why they upgraded the model ...known problems maybe :unsure:

You're right though, if they are still selling the light (whichever model) then I don't see why they can't just swap it for the current SE5000, that or refund my money 🤷‍♂️.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what they are obligated to do under Australian Consumer Law ⚖️
Do they have a warehouse here? If they do, they have obligations under laws here. I guess blowing chaff in airforce engines is not enough, they are blowing shit at growers now too.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
That's a new clause. It certainly wasn't there when I read through their warranty before I bought my light off them.

It better go the distance, because if it doesn't, I'll be looking to start some shit for some cunt.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
That's a new clause. It certainly wasn't there when I read through their warranty before I bought my SE1000.

It better go the distance, because if it doesn't, I'll be looking to start some shit for some cunt.
I’ve been eyeing off that light too ,,,this changes shit ,,Id rather pay more to HLG just to cover the cost of headfuck insurance.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah, that clause alone shitcan's any idea of future purchases from the cheap bastards.

If Mars hydro warranty is any good. This one might be worth considering. If they stop selling out, that is. Fuckers get snapped up as quick as they get new stock in..

FC-8000

Top Bottom