Spider Farmer AKA MARS Hydro AKA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN CHINESE SHITE!!!!

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hello chaps I must say I just purchased a migro array 2 and in all honesty it completely does a big hot and steamy πŸ’© all over the mars hydro tsw1000 I purchased 2 odd years agoπŸ‘πŸΌ I dont know about his honesty when he does his reviews, although it seems to me that he focuses on the actual performance of the light in its ability to cover the claimed area and the efficiency as in the power usage etc. As for the array 2 I have just set it up along with a new tent and cloudray fans so I guess we will see if it performs better than the tsw1000 did in my new diaryπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜ƒπŸ§
Gee lm281b I don't want to break the news to you but he's using the old diodes in those lights. But they work well still. There just a whole lot cheaper than anything with lm301b or H .He said in another video he gets his hardware from Kingbrite so when you want an upgrade if your handy with a screwdriver get this kit and a 560Γ—560 3mm alloy offcuts from someone and build the same light but twice the watts @240 kingbrite is on aliexpress I get heat sinks off them for the cutter electronics boards because I AU the heat sinks are around a hundred bucks for a 300x200 sink and you can get exact heat sinks for 16 bucks from the chongs which is where they get them from anyway.

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
Gee lm281b I don't want to break the news to you but he's using the old diodes in those lights. But they work well still. There just a whole lot cheaper than anything with lm301b or H .He said in another video he gets his hardware from Kingbrite so when you want an upgrade if your handy with a screwdriver get this kit and a 560Γ—560 3mm alloy offcuts from someone and build the same light but twice the watts @240 kingbrite is on aliexpress I get heat sinks off them for the cutter electronics boards because I AU the heat sinks are around a hundred bucks for a 300x200 sink and you can get exact heat sinks for 16 bucks from the chongs which is where they get them from anyway.
Well Hello Hudo you bloody legendπŸ€—πŸ‘πŸΌ As with most ants I am extremely practical so I super appreciate this enlightening informationπŸ˜ƒ
My soldering experience dates back to the stone age when I was a younger ant of about 12, in your opinion do you think I can desolder and swap the current leds with these new leds?πŸ€”
Also I do want to stick with the approximate power rating of around 125 watts at the wall as I cannot increase my customised microscopic grow tent any time in this current century unfortunately but I would love to increase the quality and cri over the existing ledsπŸ€—πŸ€”πŸ§

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
My soldering experience dates back to the stone age when I was a younger ant of about 12, in your opinion do you think I can desolder and swap the current leds with these new leds?πŸ€”
You want to know best part they all come with solderless connectors these days lol
Mate take a pic of the back of the driver (thespecs) he doesn't list the specs. There will be some sort of upgrade you can do cheap. Also if you know anyone with broken led lights or see them cheap grab them because once you get your head around how they work you can build new lights from the parts all my lights I'm using are DIY. Built with parts from others. There are a few companies around you can get components from

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
You want to know best part they all come with solderless connectors these days lol
Mate take a pic of the back of the driver (thespecs) he doesn't list the specs. There will be some sort of upgrade you can do cheap. Also if you know anyone with broken led lights or see them cheap grab them because once you get your head around how they work you can build new lights from the parts all my lights I'm using are DIY. Built with parts from others. There are a few companies around you can get components from
Thank you very much Hudo πŸ‘πŸΌ I will start my old learning engines up and start researchingπŸ˜ƒ
Wow solder-less hey, what indeed will they think of next🀣 Take a pic of bottom of driver you say mmm…..IMG_1120.jpeg
Tis a dash screwed downπŸ€”

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hey @Hudo here it isπŸ‘πŸΌ Thank you for checking it out and helping a poor old Ant with all this fancy pants stuff🧐View attachment 34466
All good mate that driver will run a wide range of boards and is capable of 160w but where they have crippled you is the heatsinks are only 460mm long and 99% of the boards are 560 I'll have a look around

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
All good mate that driver will run a wide range of boards and is capable of 160w but where they have crippled you is the heatsinks are only 460mm long and 99% of the boards are 560 I'll have a look around
Thanks @Hudo, only realised this morning when you said β€˜ heatsinks β€˜ you were referring to the actual light bars πŸ€” which of course are the heatsinks 🀣 so in regards to the length 460mm long its lucky they are because my customised tent is 500mm x 500mm as that is the size of the cupboard that its squeezed intoπŸ˜†
So the array 2 is brand spanking new and this is only my fifth ever grow so really I will be lucky if I can even get close to maxing out the lights ability, but I do really appreciate your help and advice regarding an upgrade in diodes however on reflection its probably best to wait until I get more experienced before I contemplate an upgradeπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ§

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Thanks @Hudo, only realised this morning when you said β€˜ heatsinks β€˜ you were referring to the actual light bars πŸ€” which of course are the heatsinks 🀣 so in regards to the length 460mm long its lucky they are because my customised tent is 500mm x 500mm as that is the size of the cupboard that its squeezed intoπŸ˜†
So the array 2 is brand spanking new and this is only my fifth ever grow so really I will be lucky if I can even get close to maxing out the lights ability, but I do really appreciate your help and advice regarding an upgrade in diodes however on reflection its probably best to wait until I get more experienced before I contemplate an upgradeπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ§
Like I said there's nothing wrong with them its just disappointing he's using old tech

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
Like I said there's nothing wrong with them its just disappointing he's using old tech
I would say that to compete with the likes of spider farmer / mars / etc Migro utilises older top bin diodes because they are substantially cheaper even though they are excellent quality.
Now that I own the array 2 I can assure everyone that the quality of the materials- cables, alloys, screws and the fit and finish of the product including the giant size driver casing is on a level that the other brands mentioned will absolutely never offer!

TLDR spider farmer / mars hydro / kingbrite etc = latest diodes and wattage as major selling point / very cheap and poor quality EVERYTHING ELSE.

Migro = old diodes that are top bin quality with focus on efficiency and spectrum / excellent engineering and superior quality of all other components.

My opinion based on ownership of the popular and very good Mars Hydro TSW1000 vs Migro Array 2πŸ€”πŸ§

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
You can get Australian made boards with 384 thrive and 20Γ—660nm reds for 65 bucks so that's not it

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
You can get Australian made boards with 384 thrive and 20Γ—660nm reds for 65 bucks so that's not it
Well Hudo twas only an uneducated opinion based on the quality of the complete construction and materials other than the diodes themselvesπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Now remember I have no actual practical experience in the tech inclosed but I certainly see where Migro has spent considerably more on the external construction and quality of materials over the Mars Hydro, which when placed side by side I dont believe anyone who is of sound mind or judgement would think the Mars Hydro TSW 1000 which if it was a car for example looks and feels like a Lada whereas the Migro Array two is like a BMW or Lexus is even in the same ballpark of quality🀣

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Well Hudo twas only an uneducated opinion based on the quality of the complete construction and materials other than the diodes themselvesπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Now remember I have no actual practical experience in the tech inclosed but I certainly see where Migro has spent considerably more on the external construction and quality of materials over the Mars Hydro, which when placed side by side I dont believe anyone who is of sound mind or judgement would think the Mars Hydro TSW 1000 which if it was a car for example looks and feels like a Lada whereas the Migro Array two is like a BMW or Lexus is even in the same ballpark of quality🀣
TSW is old tech. Mars have much newer lights.

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
TSW is old tech. Mars have much newer lights.
Indeed it is, and I understand where Hudo is coming from in that it would be interesting to see a Migro model with the latest and very best diodes available.
I do believe that there is no conceivable way that Migro could possibly release a model with that level of tech without it costing significantly more than an equivalent HLG quality product or even the lessor quality brands due simply to buying power aloneπŸ€” Migro simply has no where near the market share that these other brands have to enable Shane to purchase these latest diodes at a price where he can remain competitive in this marketπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
I am sure that Shane would love to be able to buy components at the same price his competitors do and offer an equivalent version to market but Migro is simply too small of an operation to be able to do that🧐

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Indeed it is, and I understand where Hudo is coming from in that it would be interesting to see a Migro model with the latest and very best diodes available.
I do believe that there is no conceivable way that Migro could possibly release a model with that level of tech without it costing significantly more than an equivalent HLG quality product or even the lessor quality brands due simply to buying power aloneπŸ€” Migro simply has no where near the market share that these other brands have to enable Shane to purchase these latest diodes at a price where he can remain competitive in this marketπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
I am sure that Shane would love to be able to buy components at the same price his competitors do and offer an equivalent version to market but Migro is simply too small of an operation to be able to do that🧐
Combine that with the saturation advertising of forums from companies like SF and free lights to anyone who wants em and boom endless threads of idiot Americans saying how great these rubbish lights are!
I was just on a thread on a yank forum and a bloke asked about Blackdog LEDs. Within 10mins there was 4 replies saying Blackdog are shit and they should instead purchase a light of one of the sponsors of the site who are Mars, vivosun or Viparspectra.
All garbage when compared to something like Blackdog! I had a laugh posted some links to grows with Blackdog and left! 🀣

Top Bottom