Spider Farmer AKA MARS Hydro AKA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN CHINESE SHITE!!!!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
There is no doubting Spiderfarmer/Mars use some mediocre parts, lack decent quality control and their after sales/warranty service is poor to non existent. Oh and the odd house burns down but realistically, they're probably in the top 2-3 in grow light sales worldwide for mid range home growlights, so theres bound to be a few more publicised failures.

Regardless keep your eye on it but you should be right... A fan blowing over the light and driver is not a bad idea either ;)
I agree. Honestly, you don't get customer service unless you buy on ebay and have a problem while you can still leave feedback or make a claim, about 90 days.

How many houses have burnt down? Wasn't it just 1 shed somewhere?

I don't agree with the lack of service they give but if you know what your getting into won't be a shock when it stops working lol. I got my Mars E8000 for a really low price with a voucher and a black Friday discount and it's first grow absolutely shit over 1g per watt without trying. So, it's already contributed more than 10 x its purchase cost, Hopefully it does not burn my house down but if it stops working for any reason i'm not going to care nor bother with customer service.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
, Hopefully it does not burn my house down
99 percent of the time the fire hazard is on the AC of the driver. First thing I do with the chinesium lights is take the cheap plastic connector off. It's only on there so they can swap out the plug quickly for whatever country they are going to. I take that off and get an Australian standards plug like HPM and wire that on where the joiner is. Your lead becomes half as long but there never long enough anyway and I need use an extension lead anyway. So if you go over the AC side ( wall to driver) and make sure it's good it will be sweet. The DC side (driver to light) very rarely has a problem. If you've already got one and can't sleep at night with worry take it a and get it tagged. Then get it tested every 2 or so years if it lasts that long lol

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yep, if i'm to continue with this poxy 1k driver of mine. At the very least i need to change the AC lead going into the driver. Because right where it goes into the driver there's heat damage to the cord where it's starting to perish. But i dare say anything i replace it with will meet the same demise eventually. Just way too much heat generated with the driver.

If you must get one of these chinesium drivers. I can only suggest stay away from the Sosen 1000w ones.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
If you must get one of these chinesium drivers. I can only suggest stay away from the Sosen 1000w ones.
What sort of light is it mate ? If it's a bar light you may be able to run 2 strings on 2 smaller drivers

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Must be he used to poo hoo all the cheap lights now you very rarely see anything he reviews that's shit.
There was someone on here that bought his actual lights that he had made!
Or a Chinese factory made for him!! 🤣
Think they disappeared about half way though the grow!
But saying that light in the video is high quality is garbage!!
He's definitely not giving an unbiased decision!

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Let's compile the failures in our small group and put it out there!
Doesn't make for good statistics.🤓since they are so anal on warranty.
Not to mention their "electrocute yourself. @ home repairing our faulty products videos!"

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Never
What sort of light is it mate ? If it's a bar light you may be able to run 2 strings on 2 smaller drivers
Yep, I got 10x 100w Full Spectrum bars that came with it. I'm tossing up between 2x HLG-480's or one HLG-600H (and keep 4 bars as spares) at the moment.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Never

Yep, I got 10x 100w Full Spectrum bars that came with it. I'm tossing up between 2x HLG-480's or one HLG-600H (and keep 4 bars as spares) at the moment.
What v and Max amp are they? I'm using 2× 480 HLG but there only 1400ma but I have 8 bars with 2 strips on each. So I've got 4 bars hooked up to each driver in series. It's overkill but works well at lower wattage because. I'm thinking of adding more strips and driving them softer so they are more efficient. You can daisy chain the drivers to one dimmer switch so they dim exactly the same then I've got a watt meter they run through so I know where there at. 650w seems to be thevsweet spot.it will go up to about 870 but it's way to much and I've got them mounted to alloy RHS so they get hot

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
comment left for Migro. lol
Hello chaps I must say I just purchased a migro array 2 and in all honesty it completely does a big hot and steamy 💩 all over the mars hydro tsw1000 I purchased 2 odd years ago👍🏼 I dont know about his honesty when he does his reviews, although it seems to me that he focuses on the actual performance of the light in its ability to cover the claimed area and the efficiency as in the power usage etc. As for the array 2 I have just set it up along with a new tent and cloudray fans so I guess we will see if it performs better than the tsw1000 did in my new diary👍🏼😃🧐

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Not sure of the voltage and amperage, theres fuck all usable info on the bars. On the driver it says 48v-56v from memory, can't recall the amps..

This is the driver specs here.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
It's good that you find Migro useful, Old Ant. But the only useful info I pull from him is the specs of each light. As I find he does appear to blow smoke up some manufacturers bumhole's on a few occasions. I'm convinced he does sponsored reviews, even partially admits it at times.

Him and other folks saying that this light is a robust build.. Okay, I guess cheap clip on components are regarded as robust these days. These fuckers will break within 12 months..

Shitclip.jpg

Last edited:

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
It's good that you find Migro useful, Old Ant. But the only useful info I pull from him is the specs of each light. As I find he does appear to blow smoke up some manufacturers bumhole's on a few occasions. I'm convinced he does sponsored reviews, even partially admits it at times.

Him and other folks saying that this light is a robust build.. Okay, I guess cheap clip on components are regarded as robust these days. These fuckers will break within 12 months..

View attachment 34326
Hi Indy, please dont get me wrong I agree completely that his ‘ reviews / opinions ‘ regarding lights from manufactures that we all know are both cheap and very poorly constructed are dubious at best, its his own lights that has just impressed the hell out of me😳 from the high quality cables and connections quite reminiscent of yesteryear's high end A/V components👍🏼 Also hoping that Shane and professor Bugsbie are right about the green spectrum🤔🧐

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Not sure of the voltage and amperage, theres fuck all usable info on the bars. On the driver it says 48v-56v from memory, can't recall the amps..

This is the driver specs here.
I'd say because most of them are there 48v bars and because there 100w bars the driver puts out 20.8A if you divide the 20 by 10 that's 2A then 2 × 48v is 96w. So you will need 2 of these (the 48v model) and run 5 on each in parallel then that way you could run half the light if you ever need to

Top Bottom