ASX and general share trading advice thread

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
I hear ya, that's why I mentioned earlier that the new crypto to take over and become mainstream will be the one that solves the 3 big problems (just look for the longwinded post I made a while ago explaining), I found it, here you go.

It's a problem for sure, more people are getting on the environmental side of the debate so it keeps coming up. They'll never pull the plug though and make it irrelevant, just slow down the mining if the big factories stop doing it.

Just like weed, there'll always be people doing it somewhere (mining) even illegally if they have to, but the limit is 21 million coins and we're already over 18 million in ~12 years of existence. However that's not to infer that crypto is an illicit currency or is only used to buy illegal things.

However the difficulty of mining increases exponentially as more coins are mined so it will be a good number of years before we reach the peak and by that time they will either expand the network, although as I previously mentioned, a new, more better and environmentally friendly version 2.0 crypto coin will have taken over by then, but that's only my prediction based on experience.

Society has at least 50 years to solve that problem and there's a lot of highly intelligent computer scientists out there already working on it so if you are interested, look into it and do what you think is right.

Everyone has their own opinion and this is mine. No disrespect to anyone.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
Bitcon mining energy use solved(one day soon), just got to fix the CON bit up now

"AKIDA AKD1000 has five main advantages over a large data centre behemoth computer. Akida does the same job, but in a different way. In the same manner as the brain, it is processing data simultaneously in many individual simulations of brain cells. It uses the same learning method as the brain, which learns instantly. It is thousands of times more power efficient. It is small and light weight, which is an advantage for flying machines such as drones, aircraft or in space craft. It generates almost no heat because it uses very little power"

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
How does the Akida AKD1000 relate to the mining and trading of any crypto currency?

It's interesting technology nonetheless, however your input is appreciated.

Pedro de pacas

User ID
How does the Akida AKD1000 relate to the mining and trading of any crypto currency?

It's interesting technology nonetheless, however your input is appreciated.
"It generates almost no heat because it uses very little power" biggest cost of BitCon is power consumption

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I understand, but can it be used to mine or is it only produced to serve a small number of purposes?

Pedro de pacas

User ID
Yeah I understand, but can it be used to mine or is it only produced to serve a small number of purposes?
How the fuck would I know, DC here (y)

Some old coal miner told me, said it would be a game changer in the BitCon mining shit

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I wanna buy more overseas seeds. Been using credit card to date, but now want something more discreet. Interested in placing $600 into Bitcoin, as most seed vendors accept this. What/how/where is the best place I can EASILY get $600 in Bitcoin to buy online seeds? It's not an investment, the money will be spent on beans within a week. If all goes ok with initial purchase, I'll transfer more money to Bitcoin for more bean purchases at Xmas.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Just so you know bitcoin is all traceable the only coin that isn’t is xmr (monero) I used binance the purchase coins

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
If you’re pretty good with computers you could jump on the dark web use dream market i’m pretty sure they only except Xmr

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I thought the dodgy coins were originally invented for black market trading? No point using it if cops can trace my purchases

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
I thought the dodgy coins were originally invented for black market trading? No point using it if cops can trace my purchases
It was but eventually cops caught on that worked out how to trace it Best coin for anonymous purchases is xmr dark web sites like dream market use it a lot of people got busted on the dark web for selling drugs guns ect for bitcoin

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Nope, Bitcoin was invented as a peer 2 peer decentralised currency so there was no middle man involved, i.e. banks or other financial institutions. Instant payments, no oversight. All tracked via the blockchain.

It was just really convenient for Ross Ulbricht to discover it really early and implement it into the Silk Road platform and then the other illicit sites used it and other crypto too. So basically the only media news about it back in 2011 was the illicit markets because the average person didn't know what else it could be used for.

This is where the bad image started, because people thought it was only for drug deals. Whereas it has real life legitimate uses.

There is nothing in the original whitepaper that Satoshi Nakamoto wrote as a genesis that indicates it was invented for nefarious purposes. That was just what people did with it.

You can choose to use a knife to cut up your carrots, or use it to cut up your missus. ;)

You can drive your car to work and back, or you could be this fuckwit.

@Old fox Pay with crypto if you want, I doubt anyone is tracking you unless you think you're being monitored.

Last edited:

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
If I was good with computers, I wouldn't be asking this question on a weed site 🤪 I wanna buy $600 Bitcoins with real money. You know, like transfer it from my bank account.
I've used CoinSpot with success but keep in mind that most exchanges want you to verify your ID to make sure you aren't doing money laundering or anything. Send them a photo of your license or passport, that sort of thing.

They don't care where you spend your crypto, the ID validation is just to make sure you're a real person. It'll probably take at most 12 hours to verify manually.

You said you were going to spend it straight away so that's good, because as I've mentioned before, do not keep your money in exchanges, no matter how trustworthy they seem to be. Keep it in a personal wallet on your computer or phone, and make sure it's backed up.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Nope, Bitcoin was invented as a peer 2 peer decentralised currency so there was no middle man involved, i.e. banks or other financial institutions. Instant payments, no oversight. All tracked via the blockchain.

It was just really convenient for Ross Ulbricht to discover it really early and implement it into the Silk Road platform and then the other illicit sites used it and other crypto too. So basically the only media news about it back in 2011 was the illicit markets because the average person didn't know what else it could be used for.

This is where the bad image started, because people thought it was only for drug deals. Whereas it has real life legitimate uses.

There is nothing in the original whitepaper that Satoshi Nakamoto wrote as a genesis that indicates it was invented for nefarious purposes. That was just what people did with it.

You can choose to use a knife to cut up your carrots, or use it to cut up your missus. ;)

You can drive your car to work and back, or you could be this fuckwit.

@Old fox Pay with crypto if you want, I doubt anyone is tracking you unless you think you're being monitored.
Don't think I'm being monitored. Just lost a mid size pack to customs, and forced to grow all indoors(here) this summer, due to lockdown. Got an extra flower tent, and set up few more grows for friends/relatives, who are all sponging free FEM beans from me. Just trying to make it harder for po po to join the dots, if they ever find me

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Don't think I'm being monitored. Just lost a mid size pack to customs
Damn that sucks. I wonder if they were using that new scanning system we were all discussing a while ago. I think it was QLD that was introducing it first but I don't know where you are.

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Don't think I'm being monitored. Just lost a mid size pack to customs, and forced to grow all indoors(here) this summer, due to lockdown. Got an extra flower tent, and set up few more grows for friends/relatives, who are all sponging free FEM beans from me. Just trying to make it harder for po po to join the dots, if they ever find me
Have a look at coinbase oldfox, seedmans advise using that one.

Top Bottom