ASX and general share trading advice thread

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Theres Starlink as well (that's SpaceX though). That's one I find a little concerning. The fucker might eventually make Google look like amateurs when it comes to data harvesting.

Conspiracy theorists would be running amok with that one. 😂

Last edited:

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Well said, mate. It's good to hear your take on it. Though the volatility of it isn't my only concern. It's association with the criminal world is another point that puts me off, as well as if its ever is legitimised I'd reckon the gov will tax the fuck out of any dividends the individual may get when they cash out.

That's all speculation on my behalf though.
Cheers, I understand what you mean about the criminal thing. The whole Silk Road debacle was the beginning of the media just assuming that crypto is mainly used for dodgy shit, thanks to Adrian Chen.

These days though it's more mainstream and I don't really hear about that sort of thing anymore even though it still exists.

As far as Tesla goes, I'm not thinking of investing, but I do appreciate Elon Musk for kickstarting the whole electric car thing though.
It was always something that past inventors never really got off the ground and a lot of people say they were buried by "Big Oil Companies" but I think it took someone like him who has more money and the courage to take on those companies and just not give a fuck what "Big Oil" thinks, and their cars seem awesome, which in turn spurred the other companies, like you mentioned, Audi, to start realising that they're behind in the car game. So they went to work on it, and here we are.

Elon Musk says some dumb social media shit sometimes but overall, rockets are cool, launching thousands of satellites is a huge effort, and the cars and solar batteries are cool too. It's like he's inspired companies to be creative with technology in some ways.

Remember Beyond 2000? We were supposed to have robots pushing our kids on swings by now, lol. I don't know why, maybe they thought we'd become lazy by then. Either way, I think Musk is pushing society into the future faster than anyone else and I appreciate that, even though he can be a dick sometimes, but then I can relate to that. :ROFLMAO:

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
I'm up 550k since July 1

Good old COAL hey

Musk is a snake oil salesman IMO, the only profit Tesla makes is selling carbon credits to lefty/wannabe green European company's

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Was gonna say, pretty sure elon just pumps out cheap EV cars that are overpriced and collects green credits while tweeting about bitcoins and affecting there volatility.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Was gonna say, pretty sure elon just pumps out cheap EV cars that are overpriced and collects green credits while tweeting about bitcoins and affecting there volatility.
Yeah, Musk needs to shut the fuck up about that shit. He knows his influence has influence and I can't figure out whether he's playing games with the market or he just has those moments that we all have sometimes.

Other than that, I don't mind the guy.

Edit: Don't get me started on how much I hate social media, lol

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Pretty close to the mark, Frank. I use to think he was the go to guy when it came to innovation as well. But it has become apparent he's interests of his own notoriety has superceded that these days. It seems what news he pumps out these days are to inflate his own ego and to keep himself in the limelight, while pegging those staff under him to produce goods under ridiculous timeframes. Keep that routine up he'll come unstuck eventually.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I mean he also owned a fair bit of bitcoin and started moving them around the time of his tweets.

What about tesla and the whole right to repair thing going on in the USA?

He is an egomaniac that buys in good ideas.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
I wouldn't disagree with either of your opinions, you guys are right, especially with the egomaniac thing. I think he's riding the media rollercoaster.

I just like the things his companies accomplish. That's why I usually preface it by saying I don't hate or like him, he's just a dude, who is responsible for cool stuff.

This is a good convo, I'm loving it :D

Edit: Just to clarify, we're in lockdown and no-one is allowed here or outside, just so I don't sound like a weirdo, lol

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Likewise, I enjoy other people's take on life (opinions), whether I agree with it or not. Because I'll usually review what others said, and aline their opinion with mine and see where I think would be closer to being near the mark (right).

Hopefully then use that info with an attempt to improve myself as a human being. Which no doubt is a work in progress.

I go by what some old fart once said to me. Your mind is like a parachute, they only work while they're open. As tacky as that sounds, the shit still rings true.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Probably more of a case of needing to here, as there's plenty of room for improvement, even this late in the game.

It took damn near 40 years to identify some of the issues within first. 😗

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Modern generation learning the hard way, all over again. Cryptos lost between 10 to 15% of their value in last 2 days. Backing from El Salvador isn't going to save them. On their way to becoming worthless in 2022. Yep, just another tech scam. Hope you cashed in all your dividends.....oh wait, there wasn't any, because thin air can't create income. Chinese Govt backed crypto will put the final nail in the Bitcoin coffin.
the modern generation learning the hard way or maybe not i have recovered form the little dip your where talking about a dip is a dip just means crytop is on sale that week im back up too 8300$ it dipped as low as 7500$ eth and btc for the win

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Like all gamblers, the wins are always spruiked, and losses not talked about
Sentiment and sweet dreams are not a lasting path to riches.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
There's no losses though unless you bought at the peak, and if you did then you lost ~10% of your investment in the recent dip, which as I have maintained is only a blip on the radar and will recover over the next month or so. It's a long term game, not a day trading thing.

Iron ore recently had the same problem because of the world we live in at the moment.

Edit: Sorry, let me clarify because some people in other areas of the Internet think that if they invest and it goes down a bit then "they'll lose all their money", which isn't true. That's what I thought you were getting at, unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited:

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
There's no losses though unless you bought at the peak, and if you did then you lost ~10% of your investment in the recent dip, which as I have maintained is only a blip on the radar and will recover over the next month or so. It's a long term game, not a day trading thing.

Iron ore recently had the same problem because of the world we live in at the moment.
Well said mate 👍

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Don’t the crypto’s need lots of computing and energy ?

I thought it’d be a no go with all the voices screaming about climate change etc

or will they pull the plug when enough people have invested in it ?

Top Bottom