šŸ„ Sooty's shroom grow šŸ„

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Nice works. So how did you prep your rice? My prepped whole rice jars failed
Cheers. No prepping on my part mate, straight out the pouch and into the sandwich bag
20210213_133844.jpg
I know it's not the most economical method, but it minimizes the risk of me fucking it up. It was done very quickly, rip open rice.. open zip lock bag and place over top of rice bag.. turn upside down and shake rice out.. seal bag straight away. I already had the colonized rice in another bag broken up ready to go, once all 6 bags were done as above, I went through and opened one at a time and added a small handful of myc rice, sealing immediately after adding. All bags were wiped with alcohol first, was wearing gloves hair net and face mask.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I picked a couple more today, one was a big sucker, weighed in at 57g. Im making a very dirty print from it as we speak.
When printing wild shrooms take a quick print first then do a second one of it a couple hours later. That way the bugs hopefully drop out in the first one and your second print is a little cleaner.
Usually 1-2 hours is good then do the second one for like 6-8+ hours.

D

Deleted member cpr

When printing wild shrooms take a quick print first then do a second one of it a couple hours later. That way the bugs hopefully drop out in the first one and your second print is a little cleaner.
Usually 1-2 hours is good then do the second one for like 6-8+ hours.
Good tip, ill do that next time :) I've just eaten its mates and it'll all be way too hard very soon.

D

Deleted member cpr

So I ended up doing some transfers, using a simple method called 'zip-lock tek' basically I divided my colonized rice into 6 bags of new rice that were put into ziplock sandwich bags. All have started to grow well and hopefully contaminate free.
The colonized bag:View attachment 11272

The new bags, pics taken a day apart except last 2 are about 32 hours apart:View attachment 11268View attachment 11269View attachment 11270View attachment 11271
That looks like its a big success, well done.

I'm learning about this stuff at the moment. Lots of info out there and im trying to get the old bullshit filters working so I can distinguish between good, bad and OCD information.

Anyways, if i can dodgy up a couple of cultures that look like yours id be pretty happy :)

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
That looks like its a big success, well done.

I'm learning about this stuff at the moment. Lots of info out there and im trying to get the old bullshit filters working so I can distinguish between good, bad and OCD information.

Anyways, if i can dodgy up a couple of cultures that look like yours id be pretty happy :)
Cheers coops! Ive gone with the uncle ben tek as its a good way to learn about the cultivating of shrooms, bit of a cheat really and you will get plenty of people tell you that it's not the 'proper' way of doing things, But if you can learn from it an get a harvest or 2 .. why not I say! Its a very interesting process to say the least.
Quite happy to help you out with some spore syringes to get you started mate. From there you can work with agar or whatever suits you best.. just hit me up via pm.
For an experiment I'm gonna put some of the microwave rice into zip locks and inoculate with my gt liquid culture.. stay tuned for results lol šŸ„

D

Deleted member cpr

Cheers coops! Ive gone with the uncle ben tek as its a good way to learn about the cultivating of shrooms, bit of a cheat really and you will get plenty of people tell you that it's not the 'proper' way of doing things, But if you can learn from it an get a harvest or 2 .. why not I say! Its a very interesting process to say the least.
Quite happy to help you out with some spore syringes to get you started mate. From there you can work with agar or whatever suits you best.. just hit me up via pm.
For an experiment I'm gonna put some of the microwave rice into zip locks and inoculate with my gt liquid culture.. stay tuned for results lol šŸ„
How did you get your lc going, from spores?

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Liquid culture is best started from a clean agar culture but it can be done from a spore print too. Just more risk of it being contaminated. Thing with LC is you canā€™t really tell itā€™s bad until you use it on grains.
Uncles Benā€™s would be a good way to test it as the rice is sterile so you know itā€™s not the problem if it doesnā€™t go bad.
image.jpgimage.jpg
This is a woodloving species Iā€™ve had going in lc for a while now. Kinda of forgot about it and let it colonise too long actually.

I use malt extract and water. Pc it to sterilise and thatā€™s it. Add spores and it grows. Itā€™s basically the same as my agar but I donā€™t add the agar agar.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Hereā€™s a few plates I have started. The ovoid one is a wild print so you can see the contaminated part. Iā€™ll isolate and transfer to a new one in the next day or so. image.jpg
But I think I could start a lc of the other two. No visible contams yet and really good growth.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Hereā€™s a few plates I have started. The ovoid one is a wild print so you can see the contaminated part. Iā€™ll isolate and transfer to a new one in the next day or so. View attachment 11351
But I think I could start a lc of the other two. No visible contams yet and really good growth.
Isolate to monos before lc man. That top one needs a few transfers itā€™s got a few different colonies. Bottom right looks prime for a transfer but.

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
How did you get your lc going, from spores?
I used this method mate. Again, prob not the best way but is beginner friendly and my first try worked. But as ayeydized said I won't know how good the culture is until I put it to grain.. hopefully very soon haha.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Very nice work. So Iā€™ve been inspired again to try uncle Benā€™s tek. Bought three packs and Iā€™ll do three different spores next time I transfer agar. I plan on making up a small liquid culture first though as last time I used ms syringe which could be why it contaminated.

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Cool. I reckon I've had more success using the woolies brand rice, seems to be less moisture in them. I've only ever used ms syringes tho

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I actually bought the sun rice brand. The coles brand was what I used before.

The moisture levels could be part of the problem. Iā€™ll keep you posted man.

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Bit of an update on my experiment with putting more new rice into ziplock bags and literally just squirting some of my golden teacher LC straight in through the top. used around 1-2 cc per bag. Didn't date the bags (again!) but I think these are somewhere near the 2 week mark.. could be more or less I really need to start taking notes on this.
20210305_172659.jpg20210305_173315.jpg20210305_172706.jpg
All seems well so far with no signs of contam

Top Bottom