šŸ„ Sooty's shroom grow šŸ„

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
D

Deleted member cpr

Looks like you're off to a good start mate. If something isn't right you will def smell it before you see it.
Still want a syringe or 2?
I'm certainly tempted, gotta talk to my mate who takes deliver of these things. Thanks :)

Ive got 10 bags that all look like those. I thought maybe the yellow metabolites were a bad sign.

I'm really suss on their viability because my process was dodgy as hell - wild shroom > spore print > liquid culture > rice bags. All in house, no agar. I made a heap of liquid cultures and kept the 2 that looked best.

The strain - I guess I'm going to have to name it "Malanda giant" lol

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Looks like you're off to a good start mate. If something isn't right you will def smell it before you see it.
Still want a syringe or 2?
Not necessarily. Some contamination like cobweb mould etc wonā€™t smell and wonā€™t be visible until you send the spawn to sub and it starts fruiting/taking over.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I'm certainly tempted, gotta talk to my mate who takes deliver of these things. Thanks :)

Ive got 10 bags that all look like those. I thought maybe the yellow metabolites were a bad sign.

I'm really suss on their viability because my process was dodgy as hell - wild shroom > spore print > liquid culture > rice bags. All in house, no agar. I made a heap of liquid cultures and kept the 2 that looked best.

The strain - I guess I'm going to have to name it "Malanda giant" lol
Yellow just looks like the brown rice but also could be contamination see as you went spore>lc.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
hey itā€™s looking good but yes some contams can stay hidden until you spawn it. Itā€™s going to be go practice anyways. Even if you only get one flush before it goes yuck thatā€™s still a success.
Iā€™ve started some zip lock uncle Benā€™s tek like soot. Iā€™ll post updates soon.

what bulk substrate and fruiting chamber you going with?

D

Deleted member cpr

hey itā€™s looking good but yes some contams can stay hidden until you spawn it. Itā€™s going to be go practice anyways. Even if you only get one flush before it goes yuck thatā€™s still a success.
Iā€™ve started some zip lock uncle Benā€™s tek like soot. Iā€™ll post updates soon.

what bulk substrate and fruiting chamber you going with?
I thought my best chances would come from something really bland - straight vermiculite in shoebox like tubs. Im not expecting much.

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Not necessarily. Some contamination like cobweb mould etc wonā€™t smell and wonā€™t be visible until you send the spawn to sub and it starts fruiting/taking over.
Fair enough.. my bad. I'm just going from personal experience with stinky contam bags.
I'm still having some trouble with a couple of tubs that I spawned a little while back. Started colonizing ok first couple days then just stopped and haven't really done much since. These were from the tulum strain, temps been sitting at a pretty constant 23-24 degrees. Been like this for quite some time now...
20210316_201014.jpg20210316_201048.jpg

D

Deleted member cpr

Thats annoying. Is that from those snaplock bags you posted a while back?

My bags were bloody hot. The AC was set to 27 and i had the rice bags in one of those cheap zip up cooler bags from the supermarket. They were heaps warmer than ambient when i checked them. The cultures give off a surprising amount of heat, so ive learned.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Fair enough.. my bad. I'm just going from personal experience with stinky contam bags.
I'm still having some trouble with a couple of tubs that I spawned a little while back. Started colonizing ok first couple days then just stopped and haven't really done much since. These were from the tulum strain, temps been sitting at a pretty constant 23-24 degrees. Been like this for quite some time now...
View attachment 12276View attachment 12277
Iā€™m not an expert so Iā€™m not sure. At a guess Iā€™d say lack of fae. If you posted this on the .org no doubt someone would know. Donā€™t tell them you do UB tek. They frown upon it even if it does kinda work sometimes.

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Thats annoying. Is that from those snaplock bags you posted a while back?

My bags were bloody hot. The AC was set to 27 and i had the rice bags in one of those cheap zip up cooler bags from the supermarket. They were heaps warmer than ambient when i checked them. The cultures give off a surprising amount of heat, so ive learned.
Yeah only used 2 of those bags, the other 4 are sitting in the fridge waiting for their turn. Need more tubs

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Yeah I think fae or lack of is the reason. Sometimes they just take a while to colonise the substrate but free air is a huge fruiting trigger.

Top Bottom