šŸ„ Sooty's shroom grow šŸ„

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hello and welcome..
I've had a bit of a play with growing some active shrooms and thought I'd start a diary on here with daily updates from where I'm at now, until harvest. My previous attempt was a learning experience, hoping to do better this time šŸ¤ž
I'm using the uncle ben tek, beginner friendly, following the guide on reddit.
These bags were inoculated on the 9th of July. Spawned to bulk today.
Strain is golden teacher

20200813_193154.jpg20200813_195745.jpg
20200813_195026.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Very nice looking cake. Solid and white.
If you are this far along without contams then that's already a success.
What's you growing area like? Cold, heated, natural light etc.
Thanks man I only just spawned to bulk last night. That white is vermiculite and whatever else has been added to the coco. Last time I used straight coco, this stuff I bought off a vendor on reddit, along with some grain bags. Planning on doing a nightly update to show progress tho.
The cupboard that the tub is in sits around 18-22 most of the time, and I use a little led night light when fruiting.
Sorry just realised you meant the rice cake lol

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
You blokes to lazy to go out and pick them
or you can get better shit growing your own ??

Unfertilized paddocks is the go for the wild mushies
Can't always guarantee you'll find some. Growing is a safer bet. Plus it's end of subs season and cubes won't fruit until summer.

Reactions: HGO

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Prob a bit ambitious wanting to do daily updates from the start as not much happening lol. This is 2 and a half days since spawned to bulk, can see the rice is starting to colonize the substrate. The top surface is prob 10% colonized so far, give it a few more days and then introduce fruiting conditions, which will be opening the lid a little to provide fresh air exchange and misting the sides of the tub to keep humidity up, and add some light for 12hrs a day.
20200816_102644.jpg

Ooodog

Vegetating
User ID
What are your setup costs for this? Spore costs? Sorry, that is if you want to share.
Iā€™ve been interested in shrooms for awhile but Iā€™m unsure to go searching for them. I know enough to know I know fuck all and donā€™t want to poison myself thru ignorance. Subbed in for the journey, cheers soot

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
What are your setup costs for this? Spore costs? Sorry, that is if you want to share.
Iā€™ve been interested in shrooms for awhile but Iā€™m unsure to go searching for them. I know enough to know I know fuck all and donā€™t want to poison myself thru ignorance. Subbed in for the journey, cheers soot
Fuck all man, if u follow the ub tek to start with it's not much outlay, spores u can get on reddit . r/aussiesporetraders

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
You may find you have a bunch of stuff needed around the house already.

Tin foil
Plastic tubs
Spray bottle

Things you might need to buy are...
Isopronol 70% ( good luck with covid preppers buying it all)
Micropore tape
Syringe and needle
Coco coir.

Yeah soot, everyday there isn't much to show until the pins develop and then they just charge to the finish line.

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yup I just got cheap 10lt tubs from bunnings. I get my iso and a few other things from work. Coco $3 a brick at woolies. Spore prints are dearer than syringes. Syringes normally go for $10-$15 each on reddit. I did go a bit crazy buying up syringes a while back but have a nice collection now and wont be buying any for some time.
@Ayeydized not sure what spray bottle you have but i bought one of the pressurized continuous spray ones off ebay and its awesome, the spray is like fog very fine. Think it was like $18 ?

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
A hell of a lot cheaper than a tent grow :p

I reckon $30 bucks max

love it though soots, im excited for yah!

Top Bottom