The hermaphrodite thread!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
What does that have to do with the discussion at hand?

Are you willing to concede that all cannabis can turn hermie?
You've even backup me up by putting the MSNL thread on other platforms. No one was saying I knew nothing and my environment was shit and filthy and I was a shit grower who does nothing but stress plants and grow hermies then were they.
Now Oldfox has grown hundreds of fem strains with no problems I'm an idiot with no idea. 🤣
I just grew 25 plants over 3 grows with no hermies then this grow got 2 out of 10 plants and nothing has changed except the genetics I'm going to questions the strength/quality of the genetics!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pixie

Baked
User ID
I've got 3 growing outside and I've got 2 big brand new led street lights that come on about 8 pm and don't turn off till about 4 am so these plants never really have full darkness. Maybe I should look out for hermie shit later in flowering. ????

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
You know when you actually try have a educated discussion the continual abuse simply because of differing opinions, claims of you get hermies because you can't grow , your environment is shit
, which by the absolutely no evidence has been suplied

Moderaters thinking that for some reason everyone must stop and listen for I'm about to speak
The truth and the only thing that matters now is what I'm about to say so all you others members forget anything previously stated for I have spoken

Dare not say anything for I have spoken

Old dope talks about dumb and dumber, by the way who's the fat person you so elegantly described

What about the holy trinity of stupidity
Remember all you other members dare not ever post opposing opinions against the big 3.

In closing applications of colloidal silver induce the production of ethylene which ais a inhibitor / antagonist that forces female flowers to produce male flowers that has only female chromosomes

Why this happens in every day grows or what actually triggers this is a mystery

There are only hypothesis available at the moment

That's a big word billy , dictionary probably needed

Before you think of banning I'll guarantee I'll won't ever be back here with any contributions good or bad

Anyway I think this is a fairly consistent picture of my grows past present unless you like to prove otherwise and obviously it will be my absolutely my fault if by the chance I'll get a hermie or 2

To my friends have a good life and grow buds without nannas View attachment 43332View attachment 43333View attachment 43334View attachment 43335View attachment 43336View attachment 43337
That is pretty much as healthy as a plant can be!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I've got 3 growing outside and I've got 2 big brand new led street lights that come on about 8 pm and don't turn off till about 4 am so these plants never really have full darkness. Maybe I should look out for hermie shit later in flowering. ????
Nah you got quality/strong genectics so you'll be fine! Thanks for the ones you sent me too!! 👍

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Never said you should return the seeds :rolleyes:. Just thought, seeing as you bagged/blamed their seeds and they were good enough to both believe you and send ample compensation, that any decent person would have the integrity to at least let them know it wasn't their seeds at fault after all 🤷‍♂️.

This is " my take" of passive aggressive Pikey. Your original question was fine, and I replied respectfully to that. But when you follow up with this implying that I'm not a decent person, and aligning the question to someones ingerity, then yes, it was clearly a loaded question.
:unsure:

No, simply because of timing. I reported the issue initially, and only discovered later about the Round-up. They had already posted a new batch of seeds out by then. Do you think I should return the 10 new seeds to them? 😉 MSNL stuff isn't getting through Aus Kustoms anymore, so my feedback is no longer impacting on their commercial interest in Aus.
The beginning of your response was fine, it would have been respectful to leave it at that.

Your passive aggressive comment about returning the seeds however, was solely intended as a dig and to deflect. You seem to have a reflex of trying to change the subject when there is any possibility that you could be in the wrong rather than just admitting that you're human and can be fallible like the rest of us.

Did you even consider that MSNL could have (unlikely as it is) gone on to destroy their stock based on your claims? Maybe they discounted the stock and lost out financially? Who knows, they certainly took your claims seriously if they were willing to pony up that much compensation. But anyway, there stuff isn't getting through customs so why do you care ...it's not like they do business anywhere else :ROFLMAO:.

My take is that part of being an adult is putting your ego aside and admitting when you are wrong eg. Like slagging a breeder then finding you were at fault and letting them know it wasn't that they are selling shit after all 🤷‍♂️.

Personally, I would have let them know simply because it's the "decent thing to do" ...guess I was raised wrong :(

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Before you think of banning I'll guarantee I'll won't ever be back here with any contributions good or bad
yeah yeah ,,promises promises,,,but you keep coming back ,,
try sticking to your word sometime.
good bye ,,good riddance.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I said that because he was insulting me saying I have no idea about growing!
When I got about 15 years more experience than him! 🤣
Mic probably has about 30 years more experience than him! 😉
How do you know about my previous experience? You don't. I was growing (poorly) both outdoors, and indoors with Son-t-agro HPS back in 1989. Just because the quality of my grows were ordinary, doesn't mean I wasn't growing. I had a very long break ( from growing) while raising a family. So does that make my 34 years prior grow experience somehow superior to yours and Mick's because I was growing before you both? , Ridiculous claim on your part. I'd love to see some of your 1989 grow photos, while you were still in shitty nappies 🤣 and no doubt, spitting your dummy 🤣

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
You've even backup me up by putting the MSNL thread on other platforms. No one was saying I knew nothing and my environment was shit and filthy and I was a shit grower who does nothing but stress plants and grow hermies then were they.
Now Oldfox has grown hundreds of fem strains with no problems I'm an idiot with no idea. 🤣
I just grew 25 plants over 3 grows with no hermies then this grow got 2 out of 10 plants and nothing has changed except the genetics I'm going to questions the strength/quality of the genetics!

you seem to be missing the point of the discussion.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
How do you know about my previous experience? You don't. I was growing (poorly) both outdoors, and indoors with Son-t-agro HPS back in 1989. Just because the quality of my grows were ordinary, doesn't mean I wasn't growing. I had a very long break ( from growing) while raising a family. So does that make my 34 years prior grow experience somehow superior to yours and Mick's because I was growing before you both? , Ridiculous claim on your part. I'd love to see some of your 1989 grow photos, while you were still in shitty nappies 🤣 and no doubt, spitting your dummy 🤣
Funny you have made no mention of this in the past? 🤣
I don't give 2 fucks about what you have done.
You seem to take personally that I think the quality of genectics has gotten weaker because your crossing Ethos strains!
So you remember asking Mic and Pedro for help? Or you guna denie that too?
Photos of plants from 1989 🤣

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
:unsure:

The beginning of your response was fine, it would have been respectful to leave it at that.

Your passive aggressive comment about returning the seeds however, was solely intended as a dig and to deflect. You seem to have a reflex of trying to change the subject when there is any possibility that you could be in the wrong rather than just admitting that you're human and can be fallible like the rest of us.

Did you even consider that MSNL could have (unlikely as it is) gone on to destroy their stock based on your claims? Maybe they discounted the stock and lost out financially? Who knows, they certainly took your claims seriously if they were willing to pony up that much compensation. But anyway, there stuff isn't getting through customs so why do you care ...it's not like they do business anywhere else :ROFLMAO:.

My take is that part of being an adult is putting your ego aside and admitting when you are wrong eg. Like slagging a breeder then finding you were at fault and letting them know it wasn't that they are selling shit after all 🤷‍♂️.

Personally, I would have let them know simply because it's the "decent thing to do" ...guess I was raised wrong :(
I already explained the timing and sequencing of events with those seeds. There was no intended malice towards MSNL. I know they didn't destroy the seeds, as they sent more to me quickly. They wouldn't have had time to breed another/different batch to send me in that time frame. I contacted MSNL in good faith, beleiving it was a genetic issue, at that time.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Ahhh, so therein lays the rub. I missed that previously. I knew you had been triggered by something, I just didbt know what. You got all offended at my previous comments about autos/regs. Maybe go back and reread what I said about reg photos in context, and with the inclusion of the smiley face. It was a joke, which I explained at the time, but you obviously haven't let it go. Makes sense now, unlike most things Porky and Mick have had to say in the last week.🤣 Oh, and I'll reiterate that there's nothing wrong with regs. Just not enough room in my garden.

I knew you had been triggered by something, I just didbt know what
Yep, you've got me all figured out. You're a great detective, tell me what helped you deduce such information? Was it this cryptic post that nearly slipped by your eagle eye? :unsure:

Yeah sorry mate, I just get triggered by auto hate from people that have either never tried them or did years ago and think they're still what they where :(.

So tell me how you're constant shit jibes (jokes?) towards autos are not passive aggressive? You throw it out there but don't like it coming back ...you reap what you sow :ROFLMAO:.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
You get any hermies in ya poorly grown plants in 89? 🤔

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Do you agree with my long post about the genetics becoming weaker the last 6 to 7 years?

Nah.

I haven’t grown enough to know.

If that’s your observation that’s fine, but still, not the point.

Can all Cannabis hermie? That is the question.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I was familiar with Bugbees findings before you cut and paste this article. Bugbee previously discussed " low" levels of light, as does this document. It makes no comment on "high' level of light leaks, nor does Bugbee, anywhere I have observed comment on that. Interpret it as you wish, but "high" levels of disruption to dark period CAN create stress, and neither Bugbee or this document have discussed that( i.e. high levels of light). So again, in your black and white view of the world, you completely misinterpret the entire document, by completely disregarding the word "low" It's exactly why I don't generally split hairs online with either you or Mick, when you totally misquote information to suit your argument. The other document I highlighted was unequivocal. It clearly stated that hermies can be created from environmental stress. But it's inconvenient for you to discuss that, so I'll ensure keep reminding you and Nick of its existence.
5x a full moon is low light to you is it?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Nah.

I haven’t grown enough to know.

If that’s your observation that’s fine, but still, not the point.

Can all Cannabis hermie? That is the question.
Maybe the current stuff of multiple interbreed weak strains can but like I said some of the stuff I used to do to plants was horrific and not one of them hermie so maybe yes maybe no!
According to most of the information out there yes they can but why had I or lets be honest almost all others never seem a hermie until about 6 to 7 years ago?
When did you first see or hear about a hermie plant?

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
Now this is a good question back in the day I used to sit and watch my plants that were glistening off the street lights never hermie I’d go down shine a torch on em when I was a young dumb cunt showing off the hermi trait does happen way more often these days than ever before so everyone arguing here is right in a way hence the argument going round n round cause it’s all subjective and opinion based 1 study with 1 set of seeds proves nothing a Spanish shit show breeding paper means probably less 😂 but yea chicks with dicks no good regardless how it happens fucks a whole grow up no one wants that shit so keep ya grows clean block the light out do what ya can to keep em happy n hope for the best cause at the end of the day we all just trying to grow filthy sticky buds not chicks with dicks👍

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
5% is one in 20. That does not mean when you take even 40 seeds from a jar you will necessarily get one. That said you could pull 10 of that same strain from that same jar and get 2, luck of the draw.
Light poisoning was considered a poor way to do it but was being used by people make plants herm for female seeds long before there was any commercial fem seed production.
This is just getting ridiculous. Everybody go have a cone, calm your farmand get back to growing your plants, looking for hermies or whatever else floats your boat. 🤣

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I already explained the timing and sequencing of events with those seeds. There was no intended malice towards MSNL. I know they didn't destroy the seeds, as they sent more to me quickly. They wouldn't have had time to breed another/different batch to send me in that time frame. I contacted MSNL in good faith, beleiving it was a genetic issue, at that time.
You "know" or you "assume"? ...it's not possible they could have been substituted for seeds from another breeder or a different batch? Did they explicitly state they were the same seeds? :ROFLMAO:

To be fair, I doubt they destroyed them and I made that clear in my post. My point still stands though, if you found the time to "contacted MSNL in good faith, beleiving it was a genetic issue" then surely you could "in good faith" find the time to let them know that an honest mistake was made? An email don't cost a lot ;).

Top Bottom