The hermaphrodite thread!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Nice deflection to victimhood :ROFLMAO:.

Mate you need to let some air out of that massive head of yours... I'm not attacking you, I'm simply asking a fucking question!

Also, what passive aggressive stance are you talking about? Is your ego that out of control that any post not licking your arse is to be taken as an attack on you? ...fuck me, get over yourself :LOL:. I'm entitled to my opinions as are you and every other member on here.

Your beef with Mick and Porky is none of my concern and has nothing to do with me and ...more importantly it has nothing to do with my question! I was simply asking if you took the time to let them know you thought their seeds were shit, did you take the time to let them know you made a mistake? Not sure how you found conspiracy in such a simple fucking question? :unsure:

Also, not sure why you think it's my duty to defend you or others from "unsubstantiated claims" ...you can fight your own battles can't you? ...You do know I'm not your mum don't you mate?:ROFLMAO:.

Anyway just to summarise your response, in your mind your failure to act like a decent human being by contacting MSNL to correct your erroneous claims is made null and void by my "failure" to call out "dozens of unsubstantiated and incorrect pot shots directed at me(you) and others in the last week"? ...and that's the best you can do :unsure:.
No victim mentality here, as I never sought your defence. Just an observation of your lack of sense of balance, you gleaned from the recent shit flinging. Your main takeaway from all of that was I should be a decent person . Yet the 2 stooges have been indecently flinging shit ( now categorically proven to be false) at all and sundry, but you choose to question my decency after reading all that. Yours wasn't just a "simple fucking question" ? It was squarely loaded towards me, and we both know it.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
This something we should all be interested in learning more about rather than trying to prove points to each other!
If I find enough real studies with more good info like that first post I'll make a "serious" hermie thread and leave this one for the shit slinging

Given the commercial value, I would be very surprised if there are not already additional studies that will prove either way.

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Iv
Given the commercial value, I would be very surprised if there are not already additional studies that will prove either way.
I've read a few but a lot of it was beyond the average reading age of most tse members (myself included for a lot of it 🤣) some studying stress triggers some eradicating the genes and others attempting to manipulate it to advantage.
I will attempt to collate any understandable studies over the next few weeks

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Can any body show me 1 reference to round-up turning cannabis hermie that isn't opinions and is based on fact whether it be biological or genetic mutation caused by the chemicals found in the makings of round-up I'll try explain best i can what chemical (not sure if that's the correct term maybe biological) to the plant for male flowers to appear on female flowers if you bother to read on

The problem I see in some light studies among others they are done by individuals when trying to discover what causes a plant to turn in the first place , there is no way of identifying whether it carries those traits or not and may have hermied regardless of conditions

I'll agree I was wrong saying it's genetics or chromosomes as a cannabis plant can develop male flowers even if it doesn't carry the y chromosome , this is what's puzzling scientists

So from what I understand it's trait that can be passed from 1 generation to the next , which is why we try eliminating hermies from our breeding stock and don't grow there seeds as there is a 50/50 chance they too will hermie even though they will be female

Research so far into the making of feminised seeds has discovered that the colloidal silver acts as ethylene inhibitor/antagonist that forces female plants to produce male flowers that have pollen with only female chromosomes

Why some female plants start to produce ethylene and not others is what they are trying to identify

Lots of money depends on the outcomes of these studies for commercial growers

If they can identify what triggers the production of ethylene in a normally healthy female grown under commercial standards to hermie will help eliminate wasted production of hermaphrodites that could potentially destroy the entire crop which as of 2 yrs ago was a major issue for commercial growers in Canada

So it's fair to say no one really knows why It happens all we can do is try our best to eliminate from our breeding stocks best we can

Hermaphrodites are as old as cannabis itself , old fart better check your facts here , to say you're a bad grower that why you get hermies is not only childish and spiteful but uniformed
Can you point me to 1 reference where it says round up " can't " stress a plant enough to hermie. Works both ways, hey ? What are you basing your objection on? I've provided photos in good faith supporting my claims. Where's any shred of evidence to substantiate your counter claims? I've asked numerous times, and all I hear are crickets chirping. When you're not calling me childish, spiteful and uninformed. Pot, kettle, black. Your claim all along has been to blame genetics or breeder for all hermies so I guess that makes your comments "adult like and informed" Works both ways, hey?

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Fuck Billy ,just give me one second on the eject button and I’ll get rid of these fool trouble makers for good ,,

Info for inquisitive minds that want to learn something,

taken from one of Greg Greens breeding books.IMG_2038.jpeg
image.jpg

Pikey

Baked
User ID
No victim mentality here, as I never sought your defence. Just an observation of your lack of sense of balance, you gleaned from the recent shit flinging. Your main takeaway from all of that was I should be a decent person . Yet the 2 stooges have been indecently flinging shit ( now categorically proven to be false) at all and sundry, but you choose to question my decency after reading all that. Yours wasn't just a "simple fucking question" ? It was squarely loaded towards me, and we both know it.

"No victim mentality here" ...goes on to explain why they're a victim :ROFLMAO:.

Anyway, my "main takeway" is that I couldn't give a fuck about your pissing contest. I'm not interested in the size of your, Mick nor Porky's cocks.

What I was however, was intrigued by your story and after thoroughly reading your entire thread that you linked, I had the question in my head. I was surprised that MSNL had been so gracious/generous as I had mainly heard negative things about them in the past. Since they had been good with you and taken you at your word, I wondered if you returned the favour and let them know a mistake had been made. My question was about as off topic as can be and unless there's something I've missed in the way I worded it, I don't see how it was in any way an attack on you?

It was a "simple fucking question" and if you read anything more into it then that's on you and your insecurities.

Here it is again for the record ...my atrocious post that ignited such indignation and accusation from yourself :ROFLMAO:
Did you ever let MSNL know that you were wrong and it wasn't their seeds that were unstable? :unsure:

Again, can I ask you to clarify what passive aggressive stance I am being accused of taking against yourself?

If you're referencing me pushing back at uniformed and ignorant comments you make about Reg and Auto seeds that, when called out, you try to hide behind shit attempts at humour? Then I will aim to be less "passive" and diplomatic in future (y)

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Porky and and mad mick haven’t a clue ,,never did and still don’t ,

So here is something to enlighten you both ,,and anyone else here ,,,including sock puppets,,,

Coz after all this is a place to learn shit.

All good breeders are going to have their grows dialed in ,,
So all their genetics become acclimatised to their environment .

Common sense ,,is it not ?

So the seeds they make are going to do fine in any environment that has been dialed in ,,

Joe Blogs buys seeds and his set up isn’t dialed in ,
So then the plants are hit with shit they aren’t used to ,and stress,

Thats why certain temps have been mentioned,,

lots of things can stress a plant to hermi ,,main offenders are fucked up light schedules and heat.
then pests ,mould,,chemicals even feeding with nutes that are too cold ...and anything else that will stress the plants.

But you two flogs have no nouse to figure anything out ,
especial shit like Old Foxes plants being poisoned,,

For fuck sake how can you be so dumb to think that a chemical ,that it’s sole use is to kill plants won’t stress a plant that it already nearly killed ,,?

Porkys grow room continually gives hermies,
but in his ignorance blames breeders and chuckers alike..
Then wants to argue about shit he has no clue about ,thinking he is some sort of expert ?
FFS,,,how dumb can you get.

Mad mick ,,mic Mac ,Sister Mary and whatever other dumbshit name he goes by has no clue either ,but seems childishly hell bent on trying to prove he knows something ,but only shows himself up as knowing sweet fuck all.

Neither of you two seemed to have learned much at all from the forums you visit,,That’s coz you both have your heads up your arses.

One day you two might learn to grow up but I doubt it,
I guess in both your cases self realisation will be pretty hard to face..

have a nice day .
😂
You are just a outright ,, ,.........
Tell me sedge , you openly state how bad your starts have , common knowledge as you post it
Whether it was laziness whatever. Why haven't all your plants hermied or did they and you just didn't tell
Not bagging you , and to be honest I've haven't seen any hermies but according to popular belief maybe you should of had a few with a few of the starts you've had ?

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Can't help yourself you dumb fuck stop talking bullshit
You poor victim
I very brought seeds on maybe 2 occasions from seedsman. No hermies
The only other seeds I've got ate a few from gazza and you.
And yes you silly fart I did bother tell both you and gazza , but you for some reason took offence
How dare you say a few of my seeds hermied
You are seriously displaying your lack of communication skills when your views are challenged you get so defensive
Get over yourself
On occasion, it has been observed that hermaphroditic inflorescences can develop spontaneously (Small, 2017). These plants produce predominantly female inflorescences, but anthers (ranging from a few to many) may develop within the leaf axils or in pistillate flower buds. These hermaphroditic inflorescences can be induced by exogenous applications of different chemicals (Ram and Jaiswal, 1970, 1972; Ram and Sett, 1981), and by environmental stresses (Rosenthal, 1991; Kaushal, 2012), So it's established by Rosenthal in 1991, and Kaushal 2012, that " these hermaphroditic inflorescences can be induced by....blah.......and by ENVIRONMENTAL STRESSES. Plain English Mick, right here in front of you. The basis of you and Porjys entire argument has been that grower( via environmental stress) can NEVER stress a plant to hermie.. Well that myth has just been busted But keep talking and calling me silly fark, dumb fuck, talking bullshit.etc All because I dare to challenge your baseless and incorrect claim that environmental stress cannot create hermies. Well you're both clearly wrong, and no amount of name calling will change facts. It's here in plain English. You're both wrong, so you wanna attack me, and then Pikey wants to question my lack of decency?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
You're both wrong, so you wanna attack me, and then Pikey wants to question my lack of decency?
Again, my post was unrelated to your love affair with the other gents :rolleyes:. However, as you insist on incorporating it into your victim narrative it does raise a good point ...if you're going to operate from a perceived position of moral superiority, then it's probably good to make sure you actually fit that position 🤷‍♂️.

Also, I would prefer it if you had the decency (see what I did there ;) ) to attack me directly rather than just tacking passive aggressive comments on to an unrelated reply to Mick 😘.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
"No victim mentality here" ...goes on to explain why they're a victim :ROFLMAO:.

Anyway, my "main takeway" is that I couldn't give a fuck about your pissing contest. I'm not interested in the size of your, Mick nor Porky's cocks.

What I was however, was intrigued by your story and after thoroughly reading your entire thread that you linked, I had the question in my head. I was surprised that MSNL had been so gracious/generous as I had mainly heard negative things about them in the past. Since they had been good with you and taken you at your word, I wondered if you returned the favour and let them know a mistake had been made. My question was about as off topic as can be and unless there's something I've missed in the way I worded it, I don't see how it was in any way an attack on you?

It was a "simple fucking question" and if you read anything more into it then that's on you and your insecurities.

Here it is again for the record ...my atrocious post that ignited such indignation and accusation from yourself :ROFLMAO:

Again, can I ask you to clarify what passive aggressive stance I am being accused of taking against yourself?

If you're referencing me pushing back at uniformed and ignorant comments you make about Reg and Auto seeds that, when called out, you try to hide behind shit attempts at humour? Then I will aim to be less "passive" and diplomatic in future (y)
Just thought, seeing as you bagged/blamed their seeds and they were good enough to both believe you and send ample compensation, that any decent person would have the integrity to at least let them know it wasn't their seeds at fault after all 🤷‍♂️ This is " my take" of passive aggressive Pikey. Your original question was fine, and I replied respectfully to that. But when you follow up with this implying that I'm not a decent person, and aligning the question to someones ingerity, then yes, it was clearly a loaded question.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Did you read and/or understand the article I posted?

I will trust the author of that before believing your only evidence (A spanish seedbank blog).

It is all well and good for you to make baseless statements. Please back them up with some sort of scientific evidence? I just don't feel comfortable taking your word for it ;)
This is scientific. Oldfox refuses to read it!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Don't know why that link didn't work. Ill try again. ( from the article in this thread.) On occasion, it has been observed that hermaphroditic inflorescences can develop spontaneously (Small, 2017). These plants produce predominantly female inflorescences, but anthers (ranging from a few to many) may develop within the leaf axils or in pistillate flower buds. These hermaphroditic inflorescences can be induced by exogenous applications of different chemicals (Ram and Jaiswal, 1970, 1972; Ram and Sett, 1981), and by environmental stresses (Rosenthal, 1991; Kaushal, 2012), So it's established by Rosenthal in 1991, and Kaushal 2012, that " these hermaphroditic inflorescences can be induced by....blah.......and by ENVIRONMENTAL STRESSES. Plain. English enough for the bullshit artists Porky and Mick. Who have repeatedly posted the most stupid, ignorant, moronic, incorrect, claims about cannabis we have read in a long while. How about your morons take a long hard look at your environments before spruiking some of the dumbest shit we have ever fucken seen. You absolute dumb cunts. 😅😅😅 Dumb and dumber !!!!
Fuck me dead mate you been growing pot for 5 years now you know fucking everything! 🤣
You forgot about msg Pedro and mic on OS asking for advice?
No need to abusive is there hero. I've grown 10x more fucking plants than you and know 10x more about growing than you! But you buy seeds from Ethos and cross em and now your a fucking cultivation master! 🤣
Your that fucking on ya self it's fucking hilarious. Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks the same!

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Fuck me dead mate you been growing pot for 5 years now you know fucking everything! 🤣
You forgot about msg Pedro and mic on OS asking for advice?
No need to abusive is there hero. I've grown 10x more fucking plants than you and know 10x more about growing than you! But you buy seeds from Ethos and cross em and now your a fucking cultivation master! 🤣
Your that fucking on ya self it's fucking hilarious. Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks the same!

What does that have to do with the discussion at hand?

Are you willing to concede that all cannabis can turn hermie?

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID

@Billygoat , don't bother cleaning this thread just change its name to "dc's slinging shit thread" I'll start a serious hermie thread when shit settles down a bit 🤣

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
This is scientific. Oldfox refuses to read it!
I was familiar with Bugbees findings before you cut and paste this article. Bugbee previously discussed " low" levels of light, as does this document. It makes no comment on "high' level of light leaks, nor does Bugbee, anywhere I have observed comment on that. Interpret it as you wish, but "high" levels of disruption to dark period CAN create stress, and neither Bugbee or this document have discussed that( i.e. high levels of light). So again, in your black and white view of the world, you completely misinterpret the entire document, by completely disregarding the word "low" It's exactly why I don't generally split hairs online with either you or Mick, when you totally misquote information to suit your argument. The other document I highlighted was unequivocal. It clearly stated that hermies can be created from environmental stress. But it's inconvenient for you to discuss that, so I'll ensure keep reminding you and Nick of its existence.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

I've never said they can't.
Fuck I'll say it for the 35th time.
I think the quality or maybe I'll use the word strength of genectics has declined massively since 2018 onwards.
I've grown a few plants over the 22 years I've been growing and I have done some seriously fucked up things to plants in the past before forums and I'd never seen or even heard of a hermaphrodite plant until 2018 which was a year or 2 before most major breeders moved to Spain.
So there is that clear enough for everyone?
Fuck plants outside exposed to the elements experience far more stress that those babied inside. Even now I can't recall a hermie outside. Can anyone else??? Oh that's right Mr Round-up. I can't recall any others thought.
Now seed banks have long disclosures about all sorts of little things to hermie plants because they are covering their arses because they are breeding weak plants that hermie easily. Fuck there was nothing on any seed sites about hermies until a few years ago was there?
I'll say it again I think seed companies have become greedy and lazy and are selling weak genectics that hermie far to easily!! Fuck 27 can stress a plant. These fucking plants grow in Afghanistan where its 40c in the day and -2c at night why arnt they all hermies? Because the genectics aren't all crossed with 300 other things and are strong and stable!
I will also say that yes I'm sure I've done things that have stressed a plant to hermie but I think they are minimal and the genectics were weak to begin with!
Take it or leave it that's my opinion!
I've also put up credible links not shit from a Spanish forum!!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

I said that because he was insulting me saying I have no idea about growing!
When I got about 15 years more experience than him! 🤣
Mic probably has about 30 years more experience than him! 😉

Madmick

Baked
User ID
You know when you actually try have a educated discussion the continual abuse simply because of differing opinions, claims of you get hermies because you can't grow , your environment is shit
, which by the absolutely no evidence has been suplied

Moderaters thinking that for some reason everyone must stop and listen for I'm about to speak
The truth and the only thing that matters now is what I'm about to say so all you others members forget anything previously stated for I have spoken

Dare not say anything for I have spoken

Old dope talks about dumb and dumber, by the way who's the fat person you so elegantly described

What about the holy trinity of stupidity
Remember all you other members dare not ever post opposing opinions against the big 3.

In closing applications of colloidal silver induce the production of ethylene which ais a inhibitor / antagonist that forces female flowers to produce male flowers that has only female chromosomes

Why this happens in every day grows or what actually triggers this is a mystery

There are only hypothesis available at the moment

That's a big word billy , dictionary probably needed

Before you think of banning I'll guarantee I'll won't ever be back here with any contributions good or bad

Anyway I think this is a fairly consistent picture of my grows past present unless you like to prove otherwise and obviously it will be my absolutely my fault if by the chance I'll get a hermie or 2

To my friends have a good life and grow buds without nannas 20231229_132343.jpg20240102_171240.jpg20240102_171314.jpg20240102_171330.jpg20240102_171336.jpg20240102_171339.jpg

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID

Ahhh, so therein lays the rub. I missed that previously. I knew you had been triggered by something, I just didbt know what. You got all offended at my previous comments about autos/regs. Maybe go back and reread what I said about reg photos in context, and with the inclusion of the smiley face. It was a joke, which I explained at the time, but you obviously haven't let it go. Makes sense now, unlike most things Porky and Mick have had to say in the last week.🤣 Oh, and I'll reiterate that there's nothing wrong with regs. Just not enough room in my garden.

Top Bottom