The hermaphrodite thread!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yep, you've got me all figured out. You're a great detective, tell me what helped you deduce such information? Was it this cryptic post that nearly slipped by your eagle eye? :unsure:

So tell me how you're constant shit jibes (jokes?) towards autos are not passive aggressive? You throw it out there but don't like it coming back ...you reap what you sow :ROFLMAO:.
Touche!!!! Online humour doesn't always hit the mark, and yes constant jibes could be interpreted as passive aggressive. Point taken. I smoke a fair, bit, so yes that post was forgotten ( by me anyway) not long after it was written. In the same way as Irish jokes have likely offended the Irish for years, there's no malice intended towards the race, by me anyway.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Now this is a good question back in the day I used to sit and watch my plants that were glistening off the street lights never hermie I’d go down shine a torch on em when I was a young dumb cunt showing off the hermi trait does happen way more often these days than ever before so everyone arguing here is right in a way hence the argument going round n round cause it’s all subjective and opinion based 1 study with 1 set of seeds proves nothing a Spanish shit show breeding paper means probably less 😂 but yea chicks with dicks no good regardless how it happens fucks a whole grow up no one wants that shit so keep ya grows clean block the light out do what ya can to keep em happy n hope for the best cause at the end of the day we all just trying to grow filthy sticky buds not chicks with dicks👍
Outdoors nature is generally running a pretty tight ship and the only thing unexpected the plant is coping with is your torch etc... grow rooms are us playing God trying to replicate nature somewhat, a lot more variables can be slightly out of whack!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
5x a full moon is low light to you is it?
Moon emits zero light. All were seeing is reflection from the sun. I haven't read anything about effects of " multiplied reflective light" Aside from this reference

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Maybe the current stuff of multiple interbreed weak strains can but like I said some of the stuff I used to do to plants was horrific and not one of them hermie so maybe yes maybe no!
According to most of the information out there yes they can but why had I or lets be honest almost all others never seem a hermie until about 6 to 7 years ago?
When did you first see or hear about a hermie plant?

Dunno.

Probably because it was illegal and prior to internet forums people just pulled the plants it assumed they were male?

Not really the point though.

If cannabis can naturally hermie, then that won’t have changed.

Your assertion that plants sensitivity to becoming hermaphrodite has increased in recent years may be true, but doesn’t influence the real question does it.. ?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Touche!!!! Online humour doesn't always hit the mark, and yes constant jibes could be interpreted as passive aggressive. Point taken. I smoke a fair, bit, so yes that post was forgotten ( by me anyway) not long after it was written. In the same way as Irish jokes have likely offended the Irish for years, there's no malice intended towards the race, by me anyway.
Yeah, anyway I can't believe how far this went ...ridiculous really. Don't even know why we're still arguing :ROFLMAO:. This is why I have to stay away from America ...too many guns for my delightful disposition ;)

Happy to let bygones be bygones and chalk it up to (what was it @Billy called it?) ...a robust discussion (y)☮️.

P.S. Just to clarify, as African Americans have the right to use the "N" word. I too have the right to use the "P" word. It was a name of hatred levelled at me in my life that I chose to embrace and own (y)

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Moon emits zero light. All were seeing is reflection from the sun. I haven't read anything about effects of " multiplied reflective light" Aside from this reference
I never said the moon emits anything but 5x a full moon would be almost like the daytime.
So you can stick ya pretend intellectual response!
Just like @Pikey said nothing but a deflection when ya proved wrong! 🤣
Pretty pathetic really!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Dunno.

Probably because it was illegal and prior to internet forums people just pulled the plants it assumed they were male?

Not really the point though.

If cannabis can naturally hermie, then that won’t have changed.

Your assertion that plants sensitivity to becoming hermaphrodite has increased in recent years may be true, but doesn’t influence the real question does it.. ?
Now I've had a think I have seen a hermie outside. Years ago a mates older brother used to grow heaps in their backyard. Was great we always had heaps off good weed off him for fuck all!
Anyway he had a plant in a pot on their verandah that budded and he went overseas for 6 months and just left it. We watched it for about 2 months by then it was at least May and we started picking buds off it. Over the next few weeks it began to grow seeds and the buds we picked became more and more seedy. All the other plants were long gone so it couldn't of been them. I was 15 or 16 at the time so had no fucking idea about how plants worked and didn't notice any 🍌 but obviously it must of had them to pollinate its self because the rest of his plants had gone months earlier. I think most plants if just left too long will throw 🍌 in an effort to keep their genetics going! So like I said maybe yes all female plants can hermie or maybe only some can. I don't know!

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Now I've had a think I have seen a hermie outside. Years ago a mates older brother used to grow heaps in their backyard. Was great we always had heaps off good weed off him for fuck all!
Anyway he had a plant in a pot on their verandah that budded and he went overseas for 6 months and just left it. We watched it for about 2 months by then it was at least May and we started picking buds off it. Over the next few weeks it began to grow seeds and the buds we picked became more and more seedy. All the other plants were long gone so it couldn't of been them. I was 15 or 16 at the time so had no fucking idea about how plants worked and didn't notice any 🍌 but obviously it must of had them to pollinate its self because the rest of his plants had gone months earlier. I think most plants if just left too long will throw 🍌 in an effort to keep their genetics going! So like I said maybe yes all female plants can hermie or maybe only some can. I don't know!

Well according to your sparring buddy not every plant can. Something about “true females”.

You seem to be changing your stand point ?

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I've read of true females that can't be turned chemicaly but can find no studies, from what I've recently read they are supposedly like hens teeth and make up no definitive % of a population

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Well according to your sparring buddy not every plant can. Something about “true females”.

You seem to be changing your stand point ?
That was 1 plant. Like I said I've done multiple horrific things to plants that would make any modern strain 🍌 Everywhere and none of em did so no I don't think every female plant can be made to hermie!!
So you think you can stress any female plant to hermie? You admit to also completely fucking plants and they didn't hermie but others were treated like royalty and threw 🍌 everywhere!
So you think any female plant can be made to hermie?
My answer is no but like I said I'm not sure about it!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I've read of true females that can't be turned chemicaly but can find no studies, from what I've recently read they are supposedly like hens teeth and make up no definitive % of a population
I've also heard of this but I don't chuck pollen or cross stuff from overseas so I have no first hand experience! Even Sedge gave it the thumb so what's that say!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I never said the moon emits anything but 5x a full moon would be almost like the daytime.
So you can stick ya pretend intellectual response!
Just like @Pikey said nothing but a deflection when ya proved wrong! 🤣
Pretty pathetic really!
You're asking me about something I know nothing about. All I know is the moon doesn't emit any light, it's just reflection. How the fuck would I know anything about 5 x intensity of a reflection. I just know that light triggers have to be "substantial. Bugbee has already shown plants can handle up to 10( bumfucks?) without any effects. I don't think anyone has done proper studies on exactly how many bumfucks to trigger hermies, as there would be too many variations between different strains. And Bugbee would have referenced anything of scientific relevance to his work. He wouldn't be reinventing the wheel

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
You're asking me about something I know nothing about. All I know is the moon doesn't emit any light, it's just reflection. How the fuck would I know anything about 5 x intensity of a reflection. I just know that light triggers have to be "substantial. Bugbee has already shown plants can handle up to 10( bumfucks?) without any effects. I don't think anyone has done proper studies on exactly how many bumfucks to trigger hermies, as there would be too many variations between different strains. And Bugbee would have referenced anything of scientific relevance to his work. He wouldn't be reinventing the wheel
Oh so you have just admitted to not knowing but you'll still go with leaving ya tent flap open a few times hermie ya plants! Bumfucks. What are you 13?
Enough said!! 🤣

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Light poisoning was considered a poor way to do it but was being used by people make plants herm for female seeds long before there was any commercial fem seed production.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Let's ask @Sedge and @Oldfox can every female plant be made to hermie with stress??
I have no idea for "every" plant, but the majority definitely yes. Literature suggests yes to all, but again you're after a black and white answer to a shaded grey area. I know numerous strains are highly resistant to reversal, and only anecdotal/folklore suggestions that those strains are somehow more stable.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Light poisoning was considered a poor way to do it but was being used by people make plants herm for female seeds long before there was any commercial fem seed production.
Same with Rhodalisation ,,,
well before silver came on to the scene

Let's ask @Sedge and @Oldfox can every female plant be made to hermie with stress??
Why ask me ?
I’m not the one claiming to be an expert.

what point you are trying to make ?

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Oh so you have just admitted to not knowing but you'll still go with leaving ya tent flap open a few times hermie ya plants! Bumfucks. What are you 13?
Enough said!! 🤣
It wasn't left open a few times. I noticed it at week 3 flowering ( too late). It may have been continuously open for all 3 weeks of dark period. The affected plants were directly in line of sight of opening, while other plants were shaded behind these 3. I don't need to know how to measure/count light intensity leaks in bumfucks to grow clean. Ridiculous assertion from you, again. I just need to know if that specific leak is sustained for a period of time, in MY grow environment, it stresses plants. I'm not a scientist. I've made a single confident claim that environmental stressors can hermie a plant. You now want me to quantify that for you, in bumfucks and or Round-up ( ppm).

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Same with Rhodalisation ,,,
well before silver came on to the scene

Why ask me ?
I’m not the one claiming to be an expert.

what point you are trying to make ?
Me saying I think plants have become weaker and more prone to hermie makes me think I'm an expert does it!
Bill asked me 3 times you and Oldfox chuck pollen you would think yous would at least have an opinion on the subject.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
It wasn't left open a few times. I noticed it at week 3 flowering ( too late). It may have been continuously open for all 3 weeks of dark period. The affected plants were directly in line of sight of opening, while other plants were shaded behind these 3. I don't need to know how to measure/count light intensity leaks in bumfucks to grow clean. Ridiculous assertion from you, again. I just need to know if that specific leak is sustained for a period of time, in MY grow environment, it stresses plants. I'm not a scientist. I've made a single confident claim that environmental stressors can hermie a plant. You now want me to quantify that for you, in bumfucks and or Round-up ( ppm).
So you didn't check ya plants for 3 weeks to notice the flap was open?

Top Bottom