Spore-tacular Shenanigans

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Hudo

Baked
User ID
But the answer to the second question is yes that are the same thing. Both are liquid spores.
I prefer to use slices of agar with nice myc growth the drop into grain jars instead of isolate to liquid culture. Just one less step but same results. But you need to be very careful and sterile as possible. Flowhood or at minimum a still air bobox.
Another thing is with spores there's more diversity in shrooms 2 spores need to co.e together before they grow (kinda like pollen chucking) that's how the different strains are made where is the liquid culture is already growing so it will be quicker and more stable if you get o to a good strain and want to keep it

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Well I've just pressure cooked some tiny jars of agar, gonna get some swabs out and give it a crack. Mixed up my substrate this afternoon for my bags and will cook them up tomorrow, half/half Coco and cow manure, tiny bit of seaweed compost, a few handfuls of oats and gypsum.. should be able to fit 6-8 bags in the cooker. 🍄🍄🍄 Thanks for the inspiration Orb and co 👍👍

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Well I've just pressure cooked some tiny jars of agar, gonna get some swabs out and give it a crack. Mixed up my substrate this afternoon for my bags and will cook them up tomorrow, half/half Coco and cow manure, tiny bit of seaweed compost, a few handfuls of oats and gypsum.. should be able to fit 6-8 bags in the cooker. 🍄🍄🍄 Thanks for the inspiration Orb and co 👍👍
good stuff Goonie!

i was lazy and ordered a couple more all in one bags over the weekend, look forward to following and learning from ur mushy mayhem (great title)

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Wow that's a whopper making me jealous. Can you tell me what the best temp for incubation is? I have around 26c is ideal but I have also read 20c any help is much appreciated.
tbh I’m not sure about the best temps mate but I had things between 24 and maybe 28 degrees, and when fruiting I tried to keep humidity as high as possible with misting the sides of the grow bag and airing them 2-4 times a day, kept the temps a little lower - 22 to 25. im guessing that optimal temps might vary a little by strain too. hope that helps!

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
tbh I’m not sure about the best temps mate but I had things between 24 and maybe 28 degrees, and when fruiting I tried to keep humidity as high as possible with misting the sides of the grow bag and airing them 2-4 times a day, kept the temps a little lower - 22 to 25. im guessing that optimal temps might vary a little by strain too. hope that helps!
And you replied literally when I was asking the above 😂

Hudo

Baked
User ID
What
flush #5 looks good after just misting and poor lighting cycles (missus left it on the kitchen table day and night)
What grain was in there was it millet? I struggle to get a second flush with rice

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
What

What grain was in there was it millet? I struggle to get a second flush with rice
it’s millet with CVG, and there was 1kg in the bag to start with so size and the JF being a prolific fruitier (apparently) maybe makes the difference?

Hudo

Baked
User ID
it’s millet with CVG, and there was 1kg in the bag to start with so size and the JF being a prolific fruitier (apparently) maybe makes the difference?
It must contain more energy than the brown rice

Top Bottom