Scott's premium seed and cutting mix

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Most strains have already been feminised somewhere in the world. We won't need seeds soon enough. We will start crops in petrie dishes, using tissue culture. Cannabis seedbanks( most, not all) are already raping punters of their hard earned coin, with the prices they charge. 40 years ago, just about every bag came with free seeds. They will profit one way or the other, if we depend on them. I'll happily use tissue culture if the science becomes readily available to a layman like me.
Wow, hectic shit , I can't get a seed to grow anyway so a new way is a god way

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Refined flour (i.e. breads, cereals, pasta, etc.), refined sugar (i.e. table sugar, high fructose corn syrup), and vegetable n seed oils (canola, corn, cottonseed, soybean, safflower, sunflower, sesame) make up more than 50% of the total daily calories consumed by the average person in the industrial world. These three food toxins are one of the biggest causes of chronic illnesses we see today.

I watched this last night ,,what I already know,,but helps to reaffirm it

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I gave up meat nearly 40 years ago
Other animal products 10+
Booze I had to give up ( I’m an alcoholic and came close to death from booze). Still my health is paying the price from alcohol and I’ve been sober for over a decade.
. Two major surgeries. Still recovering from the last one. But I’m way better than I had been. Sick for years and slowly getting worse. The surgery was quite risky and nobody wanted to do it but I got so desperate I didn’t care about risks anymore.

I don’t really eat junk food, in fact I don’t enjoy it anymore and it makes me feel like shit so I avoid it.

Anyway…..

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
I agree this is true but governments should have some spine and legislate against these chemicals even being allowed to be made or imported into the country let alone let farmers have free rain of their use on food for human consumption!!
I wont even mention the damage these chemicals have on the environment and other fauna!!
I completely agree Porky, but if any governments cared about people at all they would have banned cigarettes from sale 50 plus years ago👍🏼 The amount of chemicals in cigarettes that are classified as being toxic are quite unbelievable really, over 16 or so I vaguely recall but of course the money talks and that is only a drop in the ocean compared to what they have allowed corporations to do to the people directly and environmental devastation which effects everything on our poor blue planet🤬🧐

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
I agree this is true but governments should have some spine and legislate against these chemicals even being allowed to be made or imported into the country let alone let farmers have free rain of their use on food for human consumption!!
I wont even mention the damage these chemicals have on the environment and other fauna!!
won't get any argument from me on that one porky unfortunately for us governments don't work for us , the people that vote them in , i agree with Julian Assange's assessment " the job of the government is to shift public money into private companies " if it has any benefit to us the public it's only a byproduct of wheeling & dealing
Bet ya felt good for it but mate!!
yeah it did porky , i made a few other changes as well , still struggle with some , like having a sweet tooth but avoiding processed foods & sticking mostly to a whole food diet , i'm not perfect by any means & it's harder around others that don't see life in the same way as i do
I watched this last night ,,what I already know,,but helps to reaffirm it
yeah sedge i watched that as well , i've been meaning to jump on to rumble & watch the whole podcast

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
won't get any argument from me on that one porky unfortunately for us governments don't work for us , the people that vote them in , i agree with Julian Assange's assessment " the job of the government is to shift public money into private companies " if it has any benefit to us the public it's only a byproduct of wheeling & dealing

yeah it did porky , i made a few other changes as well , still struggle with some , like having a sweet tooth but avoiding processed foods & sticking mostly to a whole food diet , i'm not perfect by any means & it's harder around others that don't see life in the same way as i do

yeah sedge i watched that as well , i've been meaning to jump on to rumble & watch the whole podcast
Yeah mate we on the same page!! I've slowly been watching more and more Russell Brand stuff!! Still hard to take him seriously but he's definitely exposing some horrendous shit that effects us all!!
You probably know all about Thalates and forever chemicals were all exposed to every day!!
My son is 11 and somehow very intelligent must have got it from his mother 🤣 and I've been showing him some of the political stuff I post and hes enjoying it but he's super interested in food and its production! I've shown him heaps of stuff about Monsanto, Nestlé, Coke and a few others.
I'll show him this one I think he'll be blown away!!

That quote from Assange is basically what capitalism has become!!
Fuck don't get me started mate!! 🤣

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
def on the same page , Brand can be a hard listen but worth the effort imo
yep very aware of thalates & the forever chems , it is honestly our sad reality

you heard of the " Clean 15 & the Dirty Dozen " ? , it is done in the US & does change a little year to year , i think there is a list in oz as well

The guide is based on results of more than 35,200 samples tested by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration. The top 15 foods with the least pesticides are called the Clean 15, while the 12 foods with the most pesticides are called the Dirty Dozen

porky , imo the best you can do is teach kids Critical thinking which will include lesson to recognize logical fallacies , it'll help them very quickly determine bull shit from truth , being able to take that kind of thinking into adult life will also help them make much more wise decisions than we have been able to make in our adult lives , it does sound like your son is already on this path , get this kind of thinking in early so it becomes second nature to them now & later in life

Critical thinking is a kind of thinking in which you question, analyse, interpret, evaluate and make a judgement about what you read, hear, say, or write

That quote from Assange is basically what capitalism has become!!
Fuck don't get me started mate!! 🤣
Absolutely
& i know that feeling right :ROFLMAO:

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Slight change of subject

The red/pink undertones on the stems and colas etc,

DO THEY have anything to do with quality of a plant,

Reason I ask is I have only grown maybe 20 plants in last 5 years and I have had plants with heaps and some with just the greens....

Sorry to interrupt guys

Cheers
The purple stem/petiole hue can be genetic (usually signified by even colouration and distribution, especially in young plants), and it can also be a reaction to strong light when it's only on the top of the petiole. You will notice the petiole will be green on the underside and will change to purple/red if twisted and exposed to intense light.

The change in colour is due to a compound called anthocyanins which react to light and temperature.

However if it's a radical change over a few days it can be a signifier of P,K or Mg deficiency.

I'll usually get purple streaks up the main stems when I run into a K deficiency during flower, and solid red petioles have shown themselves when running a Mg deficiency.

Last edited:

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
The purple stem/petiole hue can be genetic (usually signified by even colouration and distribution, especially in young plants), and it can also be a reaction to strong light when it's only on the top of the petiole. You will notice the petiole will be green on the underside and will change to purple/red if twisted and exposed to intense light.

The change in colour is due to a compound called anthocyanins which react to light and temperature.

However if it's a radical change over a few days it can be a signifier of P,K or Mg deficiency.

I'll usually get purple streaks up the main stems when I run into a K deficiency during flower, and solid red petioles have shown themselves when running a Mg deficiency.
Still reading but makes sense 👍

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
def on the same page , Brand can be a hard listen but worth the effort imo
yep very aware of thalates & the forever chems , it is honestly our sad reality

you heard of the " Clean 15 & the Dirty Dozen " ? , it is done in the US & does change a little year to year , i think there is a list in oz as well

The guide is based on results of more than 35,200 samples tested by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration. The top 15 foods with the least pesticides are called the Clean 15, while the 12 foods with the most pesticides are called the Dirty Dozen

porky , imo the best you can do is teach kids Critical thinking which will include lesson to recognize logical fallacies , it'll help them very quickly determine bull shit from truth , being able to take that kind of thinking into adult life will also help them make much more wise decisions than we have been able to make in our adult lives , it does sound like your son is already on this path , get this kind of thinking in early so it becomes second nature to them now & later in life

Critical thinking is a kind of thinking in which you question, analyse, interpret, evaluate and make a judgement about what you read, hear, say, or write

Absolutely
& i know that feeling right :ROFLMAO:
That's wisdom at its best.

Gr8 advice @itchybro

I have 3 sons , all chippies , wow did they bring some stuff home over the years of apprenticeships etc.

Basically , chew the meat off the bones and throw the bones away.

Peace guys 🇬🇳

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID

Can simply be genetics. Purple stem doesn't necessarily mean there's any deficiencies or anything else wrong. Example of one currently in my flower room. Evident on the bent/trained cola in front middle. All stems on the plant (healthy) are same purple colour. IMG_20230405_133537930.jpg

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Slight change of subject

The red/pink undertones on the stems and colas etc,

DO THEY have anything to do with quality of a plant,

Reason I ask is I have only grown maybe 20 plants in last 5 years and I have had plants with heaps and some with just the greens....

Sorry to interrupt guys

Cheers
Nil stress just the genetics and low temps doing this to the plant.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Day 39 or 40 from germ. Stretch kicking in hard. Bit droopy as it's just been watered halfer ago, but moving on at a decent pace. Pots drying out quickly now, even after the transplant into roughly 4 gallon pots. Second day since last watering and I nearly threw her into the lights. Took 3.5L with no sign of runoff so she's drinking a lot.
IMG_20230407_130801.jpg
Haven't gave her any npk yet or added any amendments bar the perlite/vermiculite and 2ml/L seasol and 2ml/L ecoboost liquid compost at transplant. What do you guys reckon, let her go on tap water to see how the potting mix holds out seeing as it is a review, or give get some food as soon as she shows some hunger?

Top Bottom