Nature doing nature.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
@Raniformis This article popped up on my news feed this morning. It seems some experts are still catching up, lol.

I missed that sorry Anoma otherwise I would have replied. Thanks for the link, should have started there before departing into space, lol. It goes much deeper than the article too, right down into the genome and DNA.

So we kinda come full circle.... Is the universe structured and planned or does it have no fucking idea what it's doing? Is it all just a bloody coincidence??

Have you stopped to think about nothing yet? Since nothing doesn't exist what is it made from? Disorder but not chaos, lol. The opposite of a fractal.

Last edited:

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I missed that sorry Anoma otherwise I would have replied. Thanks for the link, should have started there before departing into space, lol. It goes much deeper than the article too, right down into the genome and DNA.

So we kinda come full circle.... Is the universe structured and planned or does it have no fucking idea what it's doing? Is it all just a bloody coincidence??

Have you stopped to think about nothing yet? Since nothing doesn't exist what is it made from? Disorder but not chaos, lol. The opposite of a fractal.
Yep I've thought about nothing what is it , you open your hand and say there's nothing there

But is that true , wouldn't there be air there

So is nothing just air

How can something come nothing w3 can't see wind but we know it's there

Like time , what is it , when did it start , why does it only move forward, why can't it stop or even backwards ?

Maths can solve some questions, technically we can stop or even go backwards in time

But there's no equation that explains nothing

I'll leave you with a riddle

What is always drinking but never thirsty ?

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Yep I've thought about nothing what is it , you open your hand and say there's nothing there

So is nothing just air

Like time , what is it , when did it start , why does it only move forward, why can't it stop or even backwards ?

Maths can solve some questions, technically we can stop or even go backwards in time

I'll leave you with a riddle

Yep, nothing is made from nothing, lol.

Hmmm, if something was always drinking it would never get thirsty. I'm gonna say the ocean?

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Nothing in the universe is just stuff we're unable to detect. We can detect, air and gases and stuff so we know it's there and what its made of.

Molecules are made from atoms, which are made from protons and neutrons, which are made from a particle called the quark. They don't know what a quark is made from because we don't have the tools to destroy something that small yet to find out.

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
The nothing that existed before the universe is different, everything within the universe came from nothing (God if you're religious, the big bang if not).

If you look at people, we are a very complex structure that is made from millions of molecules. Hydrogen gas is the simplest thing in the universe, it's only made from 2 things.

Nothing before the universe existed is everything within the universe but nothing was organised so it couldn't form a structure.

Pikey

Baked
User ID

So is nothing just air

Yeah, it's fun to indulge in a bit of deep thought when the mood takes you. Was it Otto Von Geuricke that discovered that even a vacuum (eg space) is not empty... something about 2 brass cups :unsure: ...damn I thought weed was supposed to only fuck my short term memory :LOL:

As an aquarist I'd hazard a guess at A Fish?

But wouldn't that be "What's always drinking and always thirsty"? :ROFLMAO:

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Yeah, it's fun to indulge in a bit of deep thought when the mood takes you. Was it Otto Von Geuricke that discovered that even a vacuum (eg space) is not empty... something about 2 brass cups :unsure: ...damn I thought weed was supposed to only fuck my short term memory :LOL:

As an aquarist I'd hazard a guess at A Fish?

But wouldn't that be "What's always drinking and always thirsty"? :ROFLMAO:
2 girls 1 cup is probably what you're thinking of. :D:sick:

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
I missed that sorry Anoma otherwise I would have replied.
No worries.

Have you stopped to think about nothing yet? Since nothing doesn't exist what is it made from?
Stephen Hawking had a similar question in his book 'From Big Bangs to Black Holes'. I'll get to that in a bit because Micmac brought up a good question.

So is nothing just air

So basically everything is made up of atoms, some things are denser and contain more atoms in the space the object takes up whereas others are less dense.

For example, 2 Hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom = water (H20)
Add 1 more oxygen atom and you've got Hydrogen Peroxide.

Carbon Dioxide (C02), 1 carbon atom, 2 oxygen atoms.

On Earth our air, the atmosphere, is over 70% Nitrogen but we survive by breathing oxygen and convert it and breathe out carbon dioxide, on the contrary, plants breathe in carbon dioxide and by photosynthesis convert it into oxygen, hence why some people are so passionate about humans cutting down forests, etc.

I can only assume that oxygen is heavier than nitrogen therefore most of the nitrogen is in the upper layers of our atmosphere and vice versa. Like how helium balloons float, whereas air filled ones don't.

But in space there is no atmosphere, the small amount of gases out there have atoms that are so widely spaced that Stephen Hawking pondered that we know what stars and planets are made of, but what is between the stars? We don't know.

Hawking called it 'ether', otherwise known as 'Luminiferous aether'. He wasn't the first to ponder and try to discover what it was, so as a species we still have a long way to go to discover what is beyond our planet and in the nothingness.

Edit: by the way, Hawking's books are awesome, he writes them in layman's terms on purpose so anyone can understand the complexity of his studies, another one of his is called 'The universe in a nutshell'. Check them out.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
It's all around us and makes up 99% of all known and unknown space
But when we try 2 replicate it in a collider, just about impossible
Gram 4 gram, the most expensive stuff on the planet
Now i have been watching Dr Who re-runs lately, so forgive me if nothing i said is true

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
And then of course there is the black hole. And that looks empty. Just a big vacuum that sucks in planets…….where do they all go?
I wonder if it is like a dog eating stuff and it comes out the other end like a great big smelly steaming turd.. I digress.……back to smoking my joint…….

Top Bottom