Nature doing nature.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
What about dogs , they aren't suppose to be able to think

I've has plenty of dogs that have been typical dogs , see and do , sure they learn some tricks but that's all they are , tricks

Over the yrs I've had 2 dogs that I thought that they could solve a problem , actually think about something to achieve their desired outcome

1 was a Rottweiler I had 20 yrs ago , she was very intelligent dog

The other is my current Smithfield cattle , she can open any door , knob and she can even un lock the back sliding door and let herself out , if she has no water she's like Skippy, follow me, look I need water

She's sneaky and smiles at you when she gets caught

Chimoen on holidays with my daughter's and grandkids , she normally goes to bed around 8,30 , 9

And ruby goes with her , seeing as she's not here , ruby don't like being alone up there

So

She starts performing, won't settle and trys to get me into bedroom, I give up and go in there
Yep

She instantly settles beside the bed and goes to sleep

I think she thought out a strategy and followed it to achieve her desired results

She's 1 unique animal

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Dogs are increasingly being considered as sentient beings. By several countries in the world.
We have always had dogs and some are truly clever. like you say, they have unique personalities.
our dog likes a calm house. If I get too animated or pissed off, ours will come over and lick me till I calm down.
it’s the funniest thing to see, especially if I’m on a FaceTime call with family.
truly love having them part of the family. Life wouldn’t be as interesting and enjoyable without them.

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Dogs are increasingly being considered as sentient beings. By several countries in the world.
We have always had dogs and some are truly clever. like you say, they have unique personalities.
our dog likes a calm house. If I get too animated or pissed off, ours will come over and lick me till I calm down.
it’s the funniest thing to see, especially if I’m on a FaceTime call with family.
truly love having them part of the family. Life wouldn’t be as interesting and enjoyable without them.
Insects are clever creatures too, the way they stalk and hunt each other, they have a full blown plan of attack.

What could an insect achieve if it had hands and a more robust body?

Last edited:

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
And then of course there is the black hole. And that looks empty. Just a big vacuum that sucks in planets…….where do they all go?
I wonder if it is like a dog eating stuff and it comes out the other end like a great big smelly steaming turd.. I digress.……back to smoking my joint…….
Ahhh black holes are compressed matter. The matter inside the black hole is that dense and the gravity that great that light can't escape. They say the sun would compress to about the size of an apple if it were a black hole.

It's possible that the universe could have started from a black hole. A thick mass of quarks that was so dense that light couldn't escape.

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
No worries.

Stephen Hawking had a similar question in his book 'From Big Bangs to Black Holes'. I'll get to that in a bit because Micmac brought up a good question.

So basically everything is made up of atoms, some things are denser and contain more atoms in the space the object takes up whereas others are less dense.

For example, 2 Hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom = water (H20)
Add 1 more oxygen atom and you've got Hydrogen Peroxide.

Carbon Dioxide (C02), 1 carbon atom, 2 oxygen atoms.

On Earth our air, the atmosphere, is over 70% Nitrogen but we survive by breathing oxygen and convert it and breathe out carbon dioxide, on the contrary, plants breathe in carbon dioxide and by photosynthesis convert it into oxygen, hence why some people are so passionate about humans cutting down forests, etc.

I can only assume that oxygen is heavier than nitrogen therefore most of the nitrogen is in the upper layers of our atmosphere and vice versa. Like how helium balloons float, whereas air filled ones don't.

But in space there is no atmosphere, the small amount of gases out there have atoms that are so widely spaced that Stephen Hawking pondered that we know what stars and planets are made of, but what is between the stars? We don't know.

Hawking called it 'ether', otherwise known as 'Luminiferous aether'. He wasn't the first to ponder and try to discover what it was, so as a species we still have a long way to go to discover what is beyond our planet and in the nothingness.

Edit: by the way, Hawking's books are awesome, he writes them in layman's terms on purpose so anyone can understand the complexity of his studies, another one of his is called 'The universe in a nutshell'. Check them out.
Hahaha, as someone who enjoys writing I bet you fucking enjoyed that 😆.... Nice write up.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Insects are clever creatures too, the way they stalk and hunt each other, they have a full blown plan of attack.

What could an insect achieve if it had hands and a more robust body?
I don't think its the robustness of their body's it's their tiny size.
Ants can pick up and walk with 10x their own body weight. That's like me being able to pick up and walk around with 900k.
If insects were big we would be fucked.
Imagine giant wasps they are a cunt to kill and they are fucking tiny.

Top Bottom