Mycology

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Same here. Got a fair few spore prints. But elsooto’s syringes would be premixed ready to go.
My prints would need a bit of cleaning up maybe. And you would need to source the syringes, needles and other stuff.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Well done mate they look awesome.
Like elsooto said some were just ready quicker and dropped spores.

Yeah I prefer fresh ones too. I know what you mean about that clean feeling.

Are you going to dry the rest though?
Yeah I had em on for 7 hours at 35 degrees but they only half done so just put them on again

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Fucking awesome mate, how many grams fresh did u eat?

I had 11 grams my first time and wow was pole axed 🤣
Dunno gaz I just ate 3 I big one and 2 small . It was the Red Boy strain the guy said they aren't as potent as the others. When chopping them they didn't bruise as blue as the Taz

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Yeah mate I'm stoked
The 3rd strain I have and thought was a no show has just thrown out a couple of pins too there called Mazatapec View attachment 29409
Yeah I’ve grown Maz before but wasn’t the best fruitier either.

I haven’t used an oven to dry. Just food dehydrator. I grabbed a cheap one on gumtree. But you can buy new ones at appliance stores.
Pop in the trays, medium level and leave overnight. Usually come out cracker dry.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I’ve grown Maz before but wasn’t the best fruitier either.

I haven’t used an oven to dry. Just food dehydrator. I grabbed a cheap one on gumtree. But you can buy new ones at appliance stores.
Pop in the trays, medium level and leave overnight. Usually come out cracker dry.
Yeah its a dehydrator from aldi I think it's a mates you can set the temp from 35-75 degrees and has a built in timer

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Couple things I learnt while experimenting.

Brown rice works better than Brown Rice Flower and perlite mix (the way I was doing it) seem to get a better yield
And second the grain bags are better than jars because you can crush the bags an see if it's colonised right through before opening. A couple times with the jars there was a bit in the centre not colonised when I was scooping it out

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Shit you guys are awesome 👍☮️ I've always loved the clear thinking brain after a good mushie session, how I miss Lismore ☮️🤣.
Hey question, are there any that grow up in FNQ? Like gold tops or similar? And yes I know absolutely nothing about shrooms besides being young and free 🤣👍☮️so forgive my ignorance 🤣🤣if I'm asking a dick question.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Shit you guys are awesome 👍☮️ I've always loved the clear thinking brain after a good mushie session, how I miss Lismore ☮️🤣.
Hey question, are there any that grow up in FNQ? Like gold tops or similar? And yes I know absolutely nothing about shrooms besides being young and free 🤣👍☮️so forgive my ignorance 🤣🤣if I'm asking a dick question.
Look in cow paddocks.
They grow in Bali so FNQ should be similar.
Cubes and pans are what you’re after.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Couple things I learnt while experimenting.

Brown rice works better than Brown Rice Flower and perlite mix (the way I was doing it) seem to get a better yield
And second the grain bags are better than jars because you can crush the bags an see if it's colonised right through before opening. A couple times with the jars there was a bit in the centre not colonised when I was scooping it out
Interesting about the brown rice whole.
Makes sense as grain spawn is the preferred way over brf cakes

I’ve used wild bird seed with good results. Soak and fish out the sunflower seeds

Yanks use rye seeds. Seen some good results with straight millet seed as well.

Good clean spores are the key to grain spawn

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Interesting about the brown rice whole.
Makes sense as grain spawn is the preferred way over brf cakes

I’ve used wild bird seed with good results. Soak and fish out the sunflower seeds

Yanks use rye seeds. Seen some good results with straight millet seed as well.

Good clean spores are the key to grain spawn
I used millet and they took forever to fruit it didn't work well for me. The rice seemed to colonise faster and yield a fuller tub (for me anyway) the trick seems to be getting the rice cooked right I found that if you add it to the water when it is boiling and cook it for 9 minutes it's perfect. It cooks a little more in the pressure cooker to. 9 minutes it's still soft but not to mushy and will separate into individual grains when you mix it in your substrate

Top Bottom