Mycology

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I get them from Sporespec he has a shitload of varieties starting at $15 .the best for beginners I've found is the Tasmanian and Red Boy. They are very aggressive and colonise quick leaving less time for other molds to compete email him amd he will send you a current list sporespecs@proton.me

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I think I figured out what makes the big chonker grows or the small
This round I I've been flat out and left the rice in the bag way longer than last time and all the totes produce way bigger shrooms. will run another test and see if it proves correct20230331_184829.jpg

Rubberreynolds

Germinating
User ID
Size of these things Hudo. Look like Golden Teachers but I thought they were Red Boys. Photos don’t do justice to the size of these fuckers. Sporespecs did not disappoint.

Attachments

• 41865F0F-3945-4529-A95B-0DA5F035A9BE.jpeg
    41865F0F-3945-4529-A95B-0DA5F035A9BE.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 2D38BD99-0E27-4D61-B123-CA6A933FE23A.jpeg
    2D38BD99-0E27-4D61-B123-CA6A933FE23A.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 8BEC9494-F400-474F-9073-9163449598A0.jpeg
    8BEC9494-F400-474F-9073-9163449598A0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Wonder how mutch it costs to get set up with everything pressure cooker ect I wanna start growing mushrooms
Not much mate I got a big Hawkins pressure cooker off Amazon for $220 the tote to make the still air box and smaller totes to make the mono tubs from got at bunnings were about 50 then the spores are 15 bucks you can also get pre sterilised grain bags off ebay to test the water before you jump in that's what I did

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Wonder how mutch it costs to get set up with everything pressure cooker ect I wanna start growing mushrooms
I found my pressure cooker on gumtree. Super cheap. But you can get away with using a large saucepan with a lid. Just takes longer.
Other items aren’t that expensive.
If you really want to do it cheap you can start washing and reusing salsa jars. Great size for growing.

Buy brown rice and just whiz it up in a food processor to make brown rice flour
Buy vermiculite in coles. It’s just cat litter.

Things like syringes and needles you can buy on eBay but to be even cheaper just go to a clinic and ask for clean needles 😆
Getting spores is the tricky part but I can help you out bro.

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
I just found these all over the back lawn. Should I invite some "friends" over for lunch? ... ooops :rolleyes: :oops:

haha ... no idea what they are but never seen them before and Ive lived here over 10 years.
IMG_8882_700px.jpg

Rubberreynolds

Germinating
User ID
you tried the inflatable monotub?. I have had some haul. 2 months on and still getting pins.
Also you reckon fresh mushroom are a cleaner trip?

Hudo

Baked
User ID
It’s only $80 🤣 I’ll need to get onto the fresh though as I always go dried. Growing tidal wave or Penis Envy next I reckon. Mainly microdosing but full doses at weekends. 🤯🍄
I didn't have much luck with tidal wave I'm gunna try it now it's warmer it was to slow to colonising and the mold beat it. If you got them off spore spec try his Tasmanian it's the easiest strain I've come across. Very aggressive and quick. I get those plastic totes 5 for 20 bucks at Bunnings I use them twice and chuck them so I don't have to scrub them

BigRobbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Hey blokes I wasnt sure where to ask this but I thought you guys would be the best ones to give me a quick answer 🙏🙏
So here goes its a 2 part question... 1/ I ordered some spore syringes and somehow I didnt get notified for almost 3 weeks that they were awaiting pickup at the post office.. would they still be viable after that?
And 2/ is it best to keep them in the fridge until Im ready to use them? Cheers in advance you bunch of fellow good cuntz! Much appreciate any and all advice! 🤞🙏

Top Bottom