Mushy Mayhem

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Been thinking about the peroxide and the main thing that puts a damper on my dabbling is finding the 4 or so hours to cook rice / grain bag it and the pressure cook it. What if I was to get some bulk peroxide cook my rice bag it then fill it with peroxide for about 10 pour it out seal it and let it sit overnight then inoculate it the next day. Does anyone think the peroxide would sterilise the rice/ grain

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Been thinking about the peroxide and the main thing that puts a damper on my dabbling is finding the 4 or so hours to cook rice / grain bag it and the pressure cook it. What if I was to get some bulk peroxide cook my rice bag it then fill it with peroxide for about 10 pour it out seal it and let it sit overnight then inoculate it the next day. Does anyone think the peroxide would sterilise the rice/ grain
Worth a shot I'd say. I got 1L of 12% stuff from eBay for around $20.
Still I don't know for certain that it will kill all contaminants but for me it's been great with the agar. Dilute it down to 3% and it should last for a while, my mycelium could deal with 6% too..

the zombie shrooms?!?
That's them, except these ones don't need insects to grow out of 😆, rice is fine

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Honestly mate search the shroomery. There’s no original thought anymore. Someone has probably already tried that and documented it. There’s also some very knowledgeable mycologist over there.

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I found a little Pan Cyan in one of the bags I had thrown outside because I thought they were contaminated.. Maybe there's still hope for them yet..
I find it hilarious that they are harder to grow compared to cubes yet here they are actually doing way better. I guess it's just an environment thing. This was the best pic I could get
IMG_20240407_115057.jpg
It's facing downwards in the middle, shitty photo sorry 😆

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I found a little Pan Cyan in one of the bags I had thrown outside because I thought they were contaminated.. Maybe there's still hope for them yet..
I find it hilarious that they are harder to grow compared to cubes yet here they are actually doing way better. I guess it's just an environment thing. This was the best pic I could get
View attachment 46780
It's facing downwards in the middle, shitty photo sorry 😆
I often think how hard they are to grow too yet they are the species that grows in cowshit 😂

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I often think how hard they are to grow too yet they are the species that grows in cowshit

Yeah that's true, have you grown the pans before? Was thinking maybe just laying the bag down and cutting 1 slit down the middle? Or putting a liner in a tray and throwing the straw and shit mixture in that and throwing into the fruiting chamber.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Yeah that's true, have you grown the pans before? Was thinking maybe just laying the bag down and cutting 1 slit down the middle? Or putting a liner in a tray and throwing the straw and shit mixture in that and throwing into the fruiting chamber.
I tried growing them before but they stalled.
I am going to try again soon.
I think the free air exchange needs to be really dialled in for these guys

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
Have you guys ever tried a shoebox grow? I got one going a few days back added millet to coir. I don't get why monotubs and SGFC need fae and fanning but a shoebox doesn't need either of those just close the lid and wait til harvest.

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Have you guys ever tried a shoebox grow? I got one going a few days back added millet to coir. I don't get why monotubs and SGFC need fae and fanning but a shoebox doesn't need either of those just close the lid and wait til harvest.
Got my cordyceps in a box with no air vents. Apparently they do well in jars too they don't need any FAE. Keen to see if it works

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
I saw cordyceps on David Attenborough pretty freaky. Yea if shoeboxes are as easy as there made out to be will be a breeze. Still don't get the no fae but I have also seen people grow to harvest in a grow bag with no fae.

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I saw cordyceps on David Attenborough pretty freaky. Yea if shoeboxes are as easy as there made out to be will be a breeze. Still don't get the no fae but I have also seen people grow to harvest in a grow bag with no fae.
Yeah I reckon environment plays a key part in that, I reckon if I try to fruit cubes in the SGFC they will dry out heaps, learnt my lesson with the other medicinal varieties so wont do that again. After seeing how orb went with his bag I'm going to pretty much do the same method, which hopefully will work.

I kind of don't think my fruiting chamber will go that well with any mushroom as my setup is in the same room as my grow which has a dehumidifier running which sucks moisture out of anything mushroom related, even the sealed bags get dry, but the free CO2 for the plants is to good to pass on..

I have a few storage tubs that I may try now my agar plates are doing well, will do some more rice pouches then just add it to bulk substrate in the tubs

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
They look awesome! No doubt its Tassie Cubensis. Couldn't get them to take off on agar plates 😭! I'm envious 🤣
I believe once it gets a bit wetter and colder and the seasons in it's peak there is a couple of different natives on my property, maybe even 3 subspecies. They will persist into winter and even survive small amounts of settling snow!

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I believe once it gets a bit wetter and colder and the seasons in it's peak there is a couple of different natives on my property, maybe even 3 subspecies. They will persist into winter and even survive small amounts of settling snow!
Yeah I reckon the cold made these pan cyans start to pin too. That's pretty interesting about the 3 subspecies. I wonder if you get the panaeolus down there also

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I
Yeah I reckon the cold made these pan cyans start to pin too. That's pretty interesting about the 3 subspecies. I wonder if you get the panaeolus down there also
I'll take photos in the coming weeks of them at different stages of life. At the moment I can find examples of the ones just pictured at different stages of life and decay. In a few weeks time there will seemingly be another couple of types in the same vicinity also visible in different stages....

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
The Tasmanians are my most aggressive and I'm in the tropics lol
My swabs were sitting around for a while so not sure what happened but I do remember yourself saying that before.
Do you have much luck growing them out through winter?
Hopefully I can get a few tubs going with the GT's and Hillbilly's I've got on agar unless it's too cold for them

Top Bottom