Mushy Mayhem

Hudo

Baked
User ID
My swabs were sitting around for a while so not sure what happened but I do remember yourself saying that before.
Do you have much luck growing them out through winter?
Hopefully I can get a few tubs going with the GT's and Hillbilly's I've got on agar unless it's too cold for them
Yeah they just take a bit longer to colonise . I usually put them on a heat at inside a cardboard box to keep the temps up

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I believe once it gets a bit wetter and colder and the seasons in it's peak there is a couple of different natives on my property, maybe even 3 subspecies. They will persist into winter and even survive small amounts of settling snow!
What state you live in?

So the lucky folk in SA and VIC have a few cold weather species to look out for.
Ps Subearingnosa
Ps Tasmania ( though prob a p.sub variant)
Ps Alutacea (I had old spores of these and tried to grow but no luck)

Again I’m too late for this season but I have spore prints of some US cold wood eaters that I want to grow and get ready in summer so the patches will pop in the colder months.

Ps Cyanescens (wavy tops)
Ps Azurescens
Ps ovoidyactisa (spelling wrong here 😂)

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I
What state you live in?

So the lucky folk in SA and VIC have a few cold weather species to look out for.
Ps Subearingnosa
Ps Tasmania ( though prob a p.sub variant)
Ps Alutacea (I had old spores of these and tried to grow but no luck)

Again I’m too late for this season but I have spore prints of some US cold wood eaters that I want to grow and get ready in summer so the patches will pop in the colder months.

Ps Cyanescens (wavy tops)
Ps Azurescens
Ps ovoidyactisa (spelling wrong here 😂)
I'm in southern Tasmania

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Hillbilly. Finally got a clean transfer without it looking like somebody took a dump on the plate. Think I've nailed my agar recipe now.
IMG_20240420_101733_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20240420_101843_HDR~2.jpg
GT got some contam but just going to have to take wedges from the top.

10g Agar Agar
7.5g malt extract
1g Vegemite
0.25g Peptone
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
500ml water
9 drops food colouring

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
4 outta 4 of my rice pouches went green with mould. I did 2 shoebox's with good results the first shoebox is growing whoppers my first mushroom harvested weighed in at 5.8grams dry. Thats 2 more I harvested and dried today have to cut them in half there to big to fit into dehydrator. There are growing in my back room the temp sits around 20c during day then down to 15c at night, there growing very slowly and very thick and heavy

Attachments

• IMG_20240501_135740_619.jpg
    IMG_20240501_135740_619.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 7

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
4 outta 4 of my rice pouches went green with mould. I did 2 shoebox's with good results the first shoebox is growing whoppers my first mushroom harvested weighed in at 5.8grams dry. Thats 2 more I harvested and dried today have to cut them in half there to big to fit into dehydrator. There are growing in my back room the temp sits around 20c during day then down to 15c at night, there growing very slowly and very thick and heavy
Wow they look awesome, are they the Tasmanian ?

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
Bit hard to see there is about 10 more big ones that will be ready for harvest in the next few days and it is covered in little pins probably about 50 pins it's going off the second flush is gonna be crazy

Attachments

• IMG_20240501_153613_020.jpg
    IMG_20240501_153613_020.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 6

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Bit hard to see there is about 10 more big ones that will be ready for harvest in the next few days and it is covered in little pins probably about 50 pins it's going off the second flush is gonna be crazy
Thats insanely good, just wondering if you are you using a heat mat? I have lots of fresh healthy mycelium growing from my pan bags I've chucked into the chamber. But I'm thinking maybe it'll be too cold for them through the nights

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
Nah no heat pad just let them do there thing in the cold I think that's why they grew so slow and thick. Mine got down to 13c one night still had some noticeable growth the next morning. Do pans grow in cold climates?

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Nah no heat pad just let them do there thing in the cold I think that's why they grew so slow and thick. Mine got down to 13c one night still had some noticeable growth the next morning. Do pans grow in cold climates?
I thought they were more tropical but not sure. They need loads more air exchange which im hoping helps them pin but might have to get these new rice bags on the go with the GT and Hillbilly's

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I didn't give mine fae, the first time I opened the lid was for first harvest but I noticed after opening the lid a few times way more pins started growing.
The weather's all over the place here, cordyceps never grew either so I'll dump the mycelium block and load some aluminium trays up with more substrate and I'll hopefully get some to pin. Getting pretty cold here so not sure how it will turn out but can only try

Top Bottom