Mushy Mayhem

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
One of these guys works perfectly for agar. And when you want to store it just pop back into the fridge.
Then in the microwave to reheated it. And pour straight into Petri dishes or whatever you use as agar plates

View attachment 44917
I put my leftover agar in a jam jar and put it in the fridge, took ages to get the agar out of the beer bottle

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Got around to making some more bags. This time I soaked some straw in some water with seaweed and mixed a tad of gypsum and manure with it. Did layers of the straw and manure in the bags and pressure cooked it up for a few hours. 11 bags all up. Mycelium is really taking off in the jars nowIMG_20240219_173243_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
The myc is spreading fast now. Looks to be 'Tomentose Mycelium' (fluffy) as opposed to 'Rhizomorphic Mycelium'. Videos on YouTube about cloning mycelium and what to look for, quite interesting.
Saw this brand of beer and thought I'd give it a try... Quite fruity / citrusy. Not a fan of fruity beer but it's not that bad IMG_20240220_152913.jpgIMG_20240220_152934_HDR.jpgIMG_20240220_153116_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240220_155115.jpg
These BBQ trays fit perfectly in the 50L container. Will need a liner to put over the tray though because the mycelium will eat through aluminium

Last edited:

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Haha even says its very enjoyable beer
Yeah I guess that's a red flag there if they have to print it out on the cans. It's going down better now actually feels like it's stronger alcohol % than what's listed. It's some craft brand I think. Not long ago they took another craft beer brand off the shelves because it was way stronger than the % listed so can't complain if that's the case here haha

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I'm gonna have a go at agar, it's easy looking to do and can make clone after clone of clean spores it's a win win, just gotta get a pressure cooker
Yep, you can boil straw and Coco substrate also but you should get a pressure cooker, my 22L one is on eBay for $115 it only sits around 12 psi but can't complain for the price they are at now, I got mine for about $160

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I try to but I really haven't had any contam issues cooking stuff shorter than what they recommend. Got 25kg of millet today so I'm keen to do some grain bags which I can store and mix up into substrate when I need to. It's a good project but I reckon making bags is pretty shit I quickly lose interest having to get dry Coco to field capacity and stuff but I'm sure it pays off. It beats buying bags online anyway

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
IMG_20240220_165337.jpg

Test of the baccy. It's very rich, kind of like a Cohiba Cigar. Not bad at all.. might lower the RH to around 68% or lower but quite happy with the outcome so far

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah I try to but I really haven't had any contam issues cooking stuff shorter than what they recommend. Got 25kg of millet today so I'm keen to do some grain bags which I can store and mix up into substrate when I need to. It's a good project but I reckon making bags is pretty shit I quickly lose interest having to get dry Coco to field capacity and stuff but I'm sure it pays off. It beats buying bags online anyway
Yea buying bags online is a expensive hobby.

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Some more progress with the mycelium, won't be long until they go into the bags. Did some other gourmet/medicinal LC's in the takeaway dipping sauce containers and all are doing well besides 1 container with a spot of what appears to be some trichoderma.

White Elf
IMG_20240225_175324.jpg

Pink Oyster (the mycelium is pink)
IMG_20240225_175202.jpg

Yellow Oyster
IMG_20240225_175015.jpg

Cordyceps Militaris (tinge of yellow/orange)
IMG_20240225_174805.jpg

Cordyceps with spot of trichoderma contaminationIMG_20240225_174733.jpg

Albino A+ almost covered all the agar
IMG_20240225_174625.jpg

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
the earlier pics make more sense to me now, I wasn’t entirely sure what I was looking at earlier mate 🤣

it’s very cool how the myc grows upwards, super virulent in the Albino A+

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
the earlier pics make more sense to me now, I wasn’t entirely sure what I was looking at earlier mate 🤣

it’s very cool how the myc grows upwards, super virulent in the Albino A+
Yeah they are all so unique especially the pink Oyster, so strange!

Reactions: Orb
Top Bottom