Mars lighting.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I got a spiderfarmer 4000 while it's a good light produces good quality buds, I wouldn't buy another one I'd be spending more money personally on better quality smaller lights spaced out. but that is my idea for the space I want to create for flowering.

I think LED's need to be sized and spaced according to you're grow space lots of different potential coverage layouts.

The warranties with these chinese companies are dubious at best also, so mars and spiderfarmer.

and billy better spectrum more efficient diodes on the HLG for sure. But as you've demonstrated the mars vegges plants real well.

Have you flowered with the Mars or HLG?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Meh. gotta be real world case studies yeah? Lots of things are superior on paper... but reality is vastly different.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
i think mars has got ex 50 watts on same hlg
also can take driver off and put outside tent 2 keep temps down
the fact they give u 3x warranty gotta make u think

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
I have the hlg 135 on the way. Also have a cheap 600w digit ballast. Also just downloaded a free lux meter. I'll measure the fuçk out of everything with the dodgy lux meter next week. Also have cheap blurple, and some tfls.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
i normally would but bloody porky's got some inside knowledge or mojo on hlg being a better opt
aagghhhhh.......wish i could just ferking pick one

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
that would probs be overkill frank
only got a sm 3x3 closet that i norm vegg in and then wack em outside after 3-4 wks
heat is biggest prob 4 me as can get above 30 when its hot

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
I live in cq, so temps are important. I'll start a new veg diary, and try note stuff. Let me know about shit I should pay attention to.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
So my initial recommendation of mars for veg stands, cos your results speak for themselves and afghan just wants to veg. I am actually not sure where this convo is going

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
no dramas franky boy
initial statement was i'd like 2 be able 2 flower as well indoors if shitty weather
i spose my prob is i wanna eat the cake as well if u know what i mean

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Meh. gotta be real world case studies yeah? Lots of things are superior on paper... but reality is vastly different.
No cunt in their right mind would buy a HLG then go back to a mars so that a comparison you’ll likely never see.

Mars are shit they are a direct copy of HLG and are inferior in almost every way from build quality to light spectrum.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I got a spiderfarmer 4000 while it's a good light produces good quality buds, I wouldn't buy another one I'd be spending more money personally on better quality smaller lights spaced out. but that is my idea for the space I want to create for flowering.

I think LED's need to be sized and spaced according to you're grow space lots of different potential coverage layouts.

The warranties with these chinese companies are dubious at best also, so mars and spiderfarmer.

and billy better spectrum more efficient diodes on the HLG for sure. But as you've demonstrated the mars vegges plants real well.

Lots of people slagging spider farmer off about their lights on other forums.
They have excellent marketing but their products don’t seem to be what they say they are.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
mars has got 3 yr warrenty and is more or less built
hlg needs a bit of putting 2gether and only 12mth warrenty
spider farmer is most effecient outta all of em
apples and oranges i spose

like porky pointed out it would be good to have option of helping flower inside during shitty winter time
so not really just after a veg light
fuk me this inside growing is way more comped than outside

What is the price difference between the HLG and the Mars bob??

Top Bottom