Mars lighting.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
If you settle on HLG be careful where you buy. According to QBL, they are the only seller of HLG in Aus, anyone else selling them has likely purchased them from QBL.

This mob are advertising as HLG lights but are in fact fake chinese....

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
If you settle on HLG be careful where you buy. According to QBL, they are the only seller of HLG in Aus, anyone else selling them has likely purchased them from QBL.

Yeah that aqua gardening are sucm Chinese knockoff on sellers. They the same company that someone else put up with a fake HLG.
There is no such thing as a HLG V3 😂😂😂
Fuck you aquagardening. 🖕🖕🖕

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I am surprised they are getting away with it. And at the price point they are selling them... bloody ridiculous.

evilsurfer

Germinating
User ID
"Our flat board Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights are driven by the HLG 550 (Version 3) meanwell driver."

"The Samsung LEDs feature overall 3000K colour temperature, with LEDs and board manufactured September 2019."

Nothing dodgy there 😂

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Has the QBL guy just reccomended that we use the same watts per area as you would with HPS?

In my brief research most of them do recommend the same wattage as HID Cooper, I found it unusual as well. They seem to be light sluts wanting perfect numbers across the whole room though.

Light seems to be too intense in the middle at full wattage so more lights at less power seems to be the go, it certainly does end up similar to HPS. Some of the guys with the Aussie boards are using more than HPS. Seems backwards?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
In my brief research most of them do recommend the same wattage as HID Cooper, I found it unusual as well. They seem to be light sluts wanting perfect numbers across the whole room though.

Light seems to be too intense in the middle at full wattage so more lights at less power seems to be the go, it certainly does end up similar to HPS. Some of the guys with the Aussie boards are using more than HPS. Seems backwards?
Well they are trying to sell lights.😉
What guys using Aussie boards are using more than HPS??

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Can't remember where but there's a thread on one of the yank forums, hightop lights or something maybe, someone here would have run into it and may be able to link.

The general theme goes along the lines of 4 boards running at 180w for 1.2m. As stated though, light whores chasing perfect numbers from edge to edge. They say light intensity is focused around the diodes and at full wattage they pump out more than the plant can use at the centre of the board. Dropping the wattage bring the centre of the boards back into range but more boards are needed to increase coverage.

As with most things internet, ya gotta take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: they might be running the boards at 160w, can't remember exactly but the numbers came close 600w.

Last edited:

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I've spent the last coupla hours watching the latest episode of GRAND MASTER LEVEL - #63 THE KING OF LEDS podcast. They've got Stephen Johnson on - CEO of HLG aka "The King of LEDS" (apparently). Some pretty interesting info amongst the standard seppo style babbling (they're canucks though). At least you can skip through the shit parts now, I made the mistake of watching it live... FML:rolleyes:

@Porky thought you might be interested being a HLG fan.

Edit : It seems they take down the youtube link after it finished streaming live. Hopefully they'll post it up again as a YT Viddie 🤞

Last edited:

Bakedcake

Vegetating
User ID
I've spent the last coupla hours watching the latest episode of GRAND MASTER LEVEL - #63 THE KING OF LEDS podcast. They've got Stephen Johnson on - CEO of HLG aka "The King of LEDS" (apparently). Some pretty interesting info amongst the standard seppo style babbling (they're canucks though). At least you can skip through the shit parts now, I made the mistake of watching it live... FML:rolleyes:

@Porky thought you might be interested being a HLG fan.

Edit : It seems they take down the youtube link after it finished streaming live. Hopefully they'll post it up again as a YT Viddie 🤞
I have been in the GML chat for the last few years, I do believe Stephen knows his shit about LED's. Though saying the king of LED's was a bit of a joke and a dig at some of the other numbnuts out there spreading misinformation like fuckwit growboss etc. Though to be honest I dont really watch the streams anymore as its in my opinion a alot of repetitive stuff and tangents that go off a bit and im not too down to waster hours on it. I guess always good to try win a free light though, had a few mates win them on there.

Miningpieces

Blooming
User ID

Scum I was gunna buy some stuff from them as well.

Miningpieces

Blooming
User ID

Soren told me not to buy my hlg r-spec for my 4/4. Told me to go to a cheaper model. He knows his shit and kits you out right for your needs. I still went with the r-spec cause I plan on putting that in my 5/5. Just had to dim the light down on the autos and raise the light up higher as well.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Anyone given Spider Farmer a fair go? They even claim to be the best lighting in 2020.
They’re better than blurples but hardly the best light of 2020 😂 I wouldn’t buy one but if they gave me one to promote their shit I’d take it. 😂

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I got a spiderfarmer4000 the original version without the on board dimmer.

Its alright for a basic cheap light, when I noticed it didn't turn off completely during lights off (very faint glow). It took me a long time, left my ph pen in the room went in one time during lights out and noticed it.

Just got it dimmed and using as a 'big' veg light now.

edit* don't expect any reasonable customer service either.

Top Bottom