Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Wow that escalated quickly! Lol
...waiting patiently for Pedro's comments.....

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Hi Sugar.
I wasn't on OSA so not sure what religion you practice but i would like to ask you opinions of canna use within bibical texts. Seeing as you like weed and religion i feel you would have a unbiased opinion regarding its use.

I really like the theory that Moses and the burning bush was actually burning "bush" and his resulting spiritial conversation with God was his own high level trip where he sees an entity.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Hi Sugar.
I wasn't on OSA so not sure what religion you practice but i would like to ask you opinions of canna use within bibical texts. Seeing as you like weed and religion i feel you would have a unbiased opinion regarding its use.

I really like the theory that Moses and the burning bush was actually burning "bush" and his resulting spiritial conversation with God was his own high level trip where he sees an entity.

Great question and thanks
I'll get back to you in a bit after some reflection

Sugar

Baked
User ID
ps: still thinking and I love the question so much I dont know how best to present my answer! lol
anyway, i'll get there eventually :)

Sugar

Baked
User ID
ok while you thinking about cannabis and the bible and burnng bush and psychotic episodes (as known now but old times thought prophets etc) well,

is cannabis a means to connect on a deeper level with God?
or, is it just a psychotic episode if anyone finds a spiritual connection to God when stoned?

lots more to put out there to think about

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
There is so much on this topic nearly all indiginous cultures in the world have used some kind of psychedelic to talk to a higher power, or gain knowledge, or purpose.

Be it shrooms, cannabis, dmt, peyote, ayahuasca....
They were regarded as medicine and as the devine.

A witch doctor uses weed to releave pain. It works and she is thanked for her wisdom.
Another witch doctor uses same herb and this time the patient as a psychiotic episode. Now this witch is evil as she used poison.

There is another theory i love. The forbidden fruit of eden. It wasn't actually an apple but an magic mushroom. It was a way people could talk to God. But once religion changed to be influenced by those in power. The fruit and it's link to God became forbidden as without it people would need to seek guidance from a leader(preist, king, prophet etc).

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
Hey guys and gals and powers to be
You know me and I know you so I'm asking for a place for me to be spiritual without having shit put on me
Your thoughts please because I know the upset my outgoing faith caused last time.
Thanks
Sug
" Outgoing faith", eh? I 'm wondering what is the center this 'faith' goes out from? And whose Authority lets you use the term 'faith'? Just exploring - y'know.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
" Outgoing faith", eh? I 'm wondering what is the center this 'faith' goes out from? And whose Authority lets you use the term 'faith'? Just exploring - y'know.

Very interesting question.
Who are you to ask me by whose authority I speak?

Funnily enough it reminded me of a passage in the bible (Mark 11:28) where after Jesus cleared the temple of the money changers and the chief priests, scribes and elders confronted him and asked him by what authority are you doing these things and who gave you the authority to do them?

What did Jesus do? Did he answer them? Should I? Would you?

Just getting this out the way so the rest of us keen to search out spiritual matters can carry on with our discussion.

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
Very interesting question.
Who are you to ask me by whose authority I speak?

Funnily enough it reminded me of a passage in the bible (Mark 11:28) where after Jesus cleared the temple of the money changers and the chief priests, scribes and elders confronted him and asked him by what authority are you doing these things and who gave you the authority to do them?

What did Jesus do? Did he answer them? Should I? Would you?

Just getting this out the way so the rest of us keen to search out spiritual matters can carry on with our discussion.
AHA! Bible quote back at ya: "I am that I am". That's my Authority. Genesis, I think.

Yes, I see how you may link the word authority with a bible quote. Memory behaves as if it's automatic at least until one is ageing. Like, you didn't need to think about that did you? It popped up in your mind's eye like a spiritual emoji.
But what I want is to know about YOU.
You see, it seems to me that every time we grasp or cling to Authority which is OUTSIDE OURSELVES we automatically diminish ourselves. We give ourselves up. Or put another way: We give up our Self. We become slaves to the ideas of Others. Anonymous Others, even.
I like to think I am my own Master/Mistress. That no one has Authority over me unless it's sanctioned by our Law. (Can be a scary place ... being Individual ... can't it?

Sugar

Baked
User ID
AHA! Bible quote back at ya: "I am that I am". That's my Authority. Genesis, I think.

Yes, I see how you may link the word authority with a bible quote. Memory behaves as if it's automatic at least until one is ageing. Like, you didn't need to think about that did you? It popped up in your mind's eye like a spiritual emoji.
But what I want is to know about YOU.
You see, it seems to me that every time we grasp or cling to Authority which is OUTSIDE OURSELVES we automatically diminish ourselves. We give ourselves up. Or put another way: We give up our Self. We become slaves to the ideas of Others. Anonymous Others, even.
I like to think I am my own Master/Mistress. That no one has Authority over me unless it's sanctioned by our Law. (Can be a scary place ... being Individual ... can't it?

be your own God then and go away satisfying yourself

To one who has faith, no explanation is needed
To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
Thomas Aquinas.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
AHA! Bible quote back at ya: I am that Iam. That's my Authority.
Yes, I see how you may link the word authority with a bible quote. Memory behaves as if it's automatic. Like you didn't need to think about that did you? It popped up in your minds eye like a spiritual emoji.
What I want is to know about YOU.
I like to think I am my own Master/Mistress. That no one has Authority over me unless it's sanctioned by our Law.
Not necessarily so my new friend. Science/physics limits us all. Only your thoughts are yours. For example, I choose to stay away from Coronavirus hotspots Many others don't seem to care. Science WILL rule the Covididiots. Despite their free thoughts. Just look at USA, or BLM protesters in Aus. They THINK they are above science, but sadly mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom