Hash Making

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
I press mine up into blocks. Years ago, when I first started, I used the old cigarette cellophane and rolling pin method (1st pic). Then refined it a bit and bought a press (the green thing in the 3rd pic), well, that is, something I could use as a press.
The benefit of pressing it up is that less surface area is open to the air, meaning less oxidation. I store mine in cigar tubes, meaning less light degradation too.
Hash $2.jpg.Hash 7811 (5).JPGHash 7811 (3).JPG100_0746.jpg

Last edited:

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
How much trim would u have used 2 make that second pic happen ?
Or do u use buds as well ?

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
DIY tumbler
150 micron stainless mesh from Amazon , 1000 x 300mm, $15... Shit was folded up in a bag ffs.
IMG_6604.JPG
The drum is 300mm long, 280mm diameter. Tested with some frozen trim. Reckon it was about 3+ oz, sugar leaf only.

View attachment IMG_6611.MOV
left it for 25 minutes at about 20-30rpm.
IMG_6613.JPG
Spits out the kief in a neat little pattern. I was expecting a bit more of a mess tbh. Scrapes up easy off the melamine with a business card. A few bonus hairs and shit in there.
IMG_6614.JPG
Probably a better return than what Ive been getting from the bubble bags with far less rooting around. The trim is still pretty sparkly, not sure if its worth freezing again. and this time running through at 300-400 rpm :unsure: 😷 :ROFLMAO:.
Scare the stubborn trichomes off of it.

I'll dissolve this in some alco, filter, evap and then thin for the oil vape pen.
Thats after a week or so of intensive testing through the bong first.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Just made a dry sift contraption.

Got a couple of 20 litre buckets from Bunnings.
Cut the bottom off one.

Slipped a bubble bag over it.
Put dry trim and lesser buds in freezer overnight

Put in the bottomless bagged bucket which fits into the whole bucket and shake and bang and mix and repeat

The good shit falls into bottom bucket.

Not my idea. Saw online.

Presumably there’s a better way, but I had the bubble bags and thought it sounded easy.

Anyways. IMG_9219.jpegIMG_9220.jpegIMG_9221.jpegIMG_9222.jpeg

I don’t have a press of any kind and am not handy at all. What’s a simple way to make it more manageable to smoke?

I might just put as is into my vape, don’t see why that would be an issue.

As a tester I just “dipped” a bit of bud into it and smoked that. Good shit.

Last edited:

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
...grab a glass bottle, like a wine bottle with screw cap, fill with boiling water n roll your loose hash inbetween some baking paper,

The heat of the water and the weight of the rolling will bring your hash to a nice sticky puddy consistency...just let it cool abit so the hash n baking paper doesn't stick together...

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
That's handy Harry. In Morrocco the locals were happy to smoke hashish in powder form. I think (?) the benefit of pressing, for them, is to transport across countries. I smoked in powdered form while I was there, and it worked for me.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
How long were you there mate , brings back some memories

Where we went they were in yhe process of pressing, was some real nice blonde hash

They had some black pressed , which apparently was the same buds harvested a month earlier

Probably took a couple of months to harvest the lot

Top Bottom