Hash Making

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Alright. This thread inspired me, (and a bit of Frenchy on the tube) I finally got some all mesh bags from amazon US. Couple of new buckets. Like most shit I do, I like to add a bit of DI Why!

Knocked up a drill powered paddle/agitator contraption with an old paint stirrer, a bit of a pot tray/saucer (the black disc) and some plastic scrap bolted on. The base of the bucket is raised in the centre so I have a slight recess underneath the agitator so it stays centred and spins pretty smooth.
IMG_5716.JPG
Added cold iced water and about 3 oz of frozen lowers (Purp alaskan x TC., This strain has a real different smell. Sweet but weird, I cant describe it)
IMG_5694.JPG
The idea being similar to those bud washing machines, the bud floats with the ice so is only agitated with the water currents to knock of trichome heads. Obviously hoping it didnt mince up the bud into mush and contaminate the product.
View attachment IMG_5699.MOV
Alternate fwd + reverse every minute or 2. An idea of whats happening under the lid. ⬇️
View attachment IMG_5704.MOV
Did that for 20 minutes. Removed lid and pulled out agitator, wrapped the bucket opening in cheese cloth, held with a bungee, then dumped trichome infested water in another bucket lined with the 3 seperate filter bags. I repeated this same process 4 times.
IMG_5703.JPG
The 220 micron bag wasnt really needed thanks to the cheesecloth but there was a few specs in it. The 73 and 25 micron bags both caught about the same amount each. The first 2 washes were very clean. The second 2 had a bit more plant contaminant (greenish tinge) but pretty happy with the quality having never done this so dont really know any better.
IMG_5707.JPG
Top left 1st/2nd wash 73 micron. top right 1st/2nd wash 25 micron.
Bot left 3rd/4th wash 73 " bot right3rd/4th wash 25 "

Not sure why anyone would fuck around with the 8 bag set, fuck that. 3 is heaps.

Table spoon for scale. I'll dry it for a day or 2 then microplane it up into fines and let it properly dry out for a week or 2. I will probably end up vaping this through the pinky. It vapes dry sift nice so I'd imagine similar for bubble hash.

Ive done coconut oil. dry sift, Qwet, Qwiso and now bubble hash. I'd still like to try butane extraction but a diy rosin press is next on the agenda.

Attachments

• IMG_5700.JPG
    IMG_5700.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5695.JPG
    IMG_5695.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 16

ShellzShuff3

Vegetating
User ID
Not sure why anyone would fuck around with the 8 bag set, fuck that. 3 is heaps.

I will probably end up vaping this through the pinky.
That's good to know, I was thinking of getting some bags and trying it. How powerful is this stuff compared to dry herb. Do you reckon a 0.01g dab in the pinky is similar to vaping a bowl of like 0.1g (like 10 times stronger)?

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
That's good to know, I was thinking of getting some bags and trying it. How powerful is this stuff compared to dry herb. Do you reckon a 0.01g dab in the pinky is similar to vaping a bowl of like 0.1g (like 10 times stronger)?
Yeah dunno mate. Its pretty potent shit. I just add a bit on top of some bud when I want a bigger hit.

I dissolved some in a little bit of alco, evaporated and then thinned with liquidiser for a vape pen. Yet to load her in the tank and try though but no doubt like all hash oils, it'll taste like shit.

I cant smoke or vape bubble hash/dry sift straight. Bit harsh on the lung.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
🤣🤣 10x
No it's probably about 2x to maybe 4x the strength of regular buds!!
The first one will be the strongest and so on!!

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Yeah dunno mate. Its pretty potent shit. I just add a bit on top of some bud when I want a bigger hit.

I dissolved some in a little bit of alco, evaporated and then thinned with liquidiser for a vape pen. Yet to load her in the tank and try though but no doubt like all hash oils, it'll taste like shit.

I cant smoke or vape bubble hash/dry sift straight. Bit harsh on the lung.
Bubble hash in the vape tastes fucking beautiful

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Alright. This thread inspired me, (and a bit of Frenchy on the tube) I finally got some all mesh bags from amazon US. Couple of new buckets. Like most shit I do, I like to add a bit of DI Why!

Knocked up a drill powered paddle/agitator contraption with an old paint stirrer, a bit of a pot tray/saucer (the black disc) and some plastic scrap bolted on. The base of the bucket is raised in the centre so I have a slight recess underneath the agitator so it stays centred and spins pretty smooth.
View attachment 22919
Added cold iced water and about 3 oz of frozen lowers (Purp alaskan x TC., This strain has a real different smell. Sweet but weird, I cant describe it)
View attachment 22912
The idea being similar to those bud washing machines, the bud floats with the ice so is only agitated with the water currents to knock of trichome heads. Obviously hoping it didnt mince up the bud into mush and contaminate the product.
View attachment 22920
Alternate fwd + reverse every minute or 2. An idea of whats happening under the lid. ⬇️
View attachment 22916
Did that for 20 minutes. Removed lid and pulled out agitator, wrapped the bucket opening in cheese cloth, held with a bungee, then dumped trichome infested water in another bucket lined with the 3 seperate filter bags. I repeated this same process 4 times.
View attachment 22917
The 220 micron bag wasnt really needed thanks to the cheesecloth but there was a few specs in it. The 73 and 25 micron bags both caught about the same amount each. The first 2 washes were very clean. The second 2 had a bit more plant contaminant (greenish tinge) but pretty happy with the quality having never done this so dont really know any better.
View attachment 22918
Top left 1st/2nd wash 73 micron. top right 1st/2nd wash 25 micron.
Bot left 3rd/4th wash 73 " bot right3rd/4th wash 25 "

Table spoon for scale. I'll dry it for a day or 2 then microplane it up into fines and let it properly dry out for a week or 2. I will probably end up vaping this through the pinky. It vapes dry sift nice so I'd imagine similar for bubble hash.

Ive done coconut oil. dry sift, Qwet, Qwiso and now bubble hash. I'd still like to try butane extraction but a diy rosin press is next on the agenda.
Nice little haul there, mate. I'm quite envious. :cool:

It's a well proven method that i still use today, with the trim. (y)

I use a paint drill mixer instead. Fucked up the first batch by mixing it for too long, it appeared to break it down more than required, which in turn allows plant matter/chlorophyll to pass through the mesh. Once i corrected that fuck up. the batches haven't been too bad.

But yeah, you're doing a top job of it there, mate. Good to see. 😎

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
I love me hash, but mine's all dry sift. Much less mess and pissin around.
I built a couple of hash tumblers. I just chuck the dry herb in, set'n'forget.
Once I have the bulk crystals from the tumbler, I then refine using a small shaker I rigged up, using a knackered air pump.
This removes all of the hairs, fluff and any green still floating around in the bulk crystals.
No ice, no water and all clean.
I then press it up into pucks.
100_1775.JPG100_1712.JPG

Last edited:

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Always an inspiration Merl with ya hash making over the years!

Always keen to do a tumbler, but my stoned lazy arse just wants to buy one! 😀...

Any recommendations?😃

Or a simple diy project, been saving my BBQ rotisserie for 5 years now! 😃

Might do half bubble bags, half tumbler....
20230124_095837.jpg

Top Bottom