Going Legal or not?

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Haha. It might be that they been too lasy to amend the laws to be inline with the mainland. It was like that with guns way back. Let’s hope the Tassie gov doesn’t wake up to it

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Cheers @Unknown User , your post prompted me to do a bit of googling on the subject.
Pretty interesting read here -> tasmania-evidence-free-rdt

"Testing for impairment not presence" ...sounds like they might actually be concerned about road safety and not just revenue (y)
Yep Pikey. That’s the one. I read the parliamentary legislation some time ago. But what you found is spot on. That explains it perfectly.

F

freddie

You'd think the other States will follow, eventually.
There are moves to try and change things. I even donated to this mob. Some pretty good people behind this.

I don't drive under the influence anyway. The way things are now, if you smoke or vape cannabis at night and drive the next day it is unlikely it will come up in a saliva test, Unfortunately unlikely does not mean definitely and for some people it does. So as it stands it is a risk.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Got me a new delivery. It's from a compounding pharmacy. What does that mean? It means they buy in bulk then divide it up.
The packaging is VERY generic, it's in a 15gm lot and all the label states:

'Cannabis DRIED Flower THC Flower 25% 15gm'.
(Tetrahydrocannabinol/Cannabidol)
'Inhale 200mg-700mg daily via an approved vaporiser'

All of the other medi strains I've received have been smaller and a branded strain
The pharmacy tells me the strain is Big Larry, but this is not listed on the label and in all honesty I could refill the container with any smoke.
Nobody would know.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Got me a new delivery. It's from a compounding pharmacy. What does that mean? It means they buy in bulk then divide it up.
The packaging is VERY generic, it's in a 15gm lot and all the label states:

'Cannabis DRIED Flower THC Flower 25% 15gm'.
(Tetrahydrocannabinol/Cannabidol)
'Inhale 200mg-700mg daily via an approved vaporiser'

All of the other medi strains I've received have been smaller and a branded strain
The pharmacy tells me the strain is Big Larry, but this is not listed on the label and in all honesty I could refill the container with any smoke.
Nobody would know.
So, was the container cheaper at compound chemist, in comparison to branded ones at other chemists? Or did you get more weight for the same going price of $150? I'll imagine its cannabis strain from USA with a name of Larry(Bird?), they idolose their basketballers.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
So, was the container cheaper at compound chemist, in comparison to branded ones at other chemists? Or did you get more weight for the same going price of $150? I'll imagine its cannabis strain from USA with a name of Larry(Bird?), they idolose their basketballers.
That's a bit hard to tell. The prices have varied every time I've ordered, originally it was costing $315 for 5gms delivered of branded, then we had $155 for 10gms, again branded. Now we have 15gms for $240 unbranded. Each of these prices have been a differing strain and differing supplier, so making a direct comparison is fairly difficult. Presently I have 4 strains that I mix'n'match to my needs.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
I got the ANTG Solace. Australian mob. It’s about $17 a gram. 22%. its a nice nug. Good flavor. Nice on the throat.
also the Cannatrek Daylesford. Think they are from Canada, It’s $15 a gram. 20%. nugs look good, but harsh, and I’m not too sure if I’m a fan yet.
both are for pain and ease it ok. I do prefer the solace to vape and it has a better stone.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
That's a bit hard to tell. The prices have varied every time I've ordered, originally it was costing $315 for 5gms delivered of branded, then we had $155 for 10gms, again branded. Now we have 15gms for $240 unbranded. Each of these prices have been a differing strain and differing supplier, so making a direct comparison is fairly difficult. Presently I have 4 strains that I mix'n'match to my needs.
Did the same Doctor give you scripts for 4 different strains? Will that be an ongoing arrangement for multiple strains?

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Did the same Doctor give you scripts for 4 different strains? Will that be an ongoing arrangement for multiple strains?
Same clinic but differing dr's. Each dr has had a differing recommendation, to which I've agreed BUT only on the condition that the former strain/medication/script be maintained. There's been a couple of reasons that I've asked for this to occur:

1) My initial pharmacy was in QLD. When covid hit I was given all sorts of excuses, so I changed chemist to VIC. The VIC chemist has been really good, so I've asked that they be maintained.
2) the F$#@ING approvals. The whole approvals process is nothing short of a convoluted pain in the arse. Every change has required new approvals and I've had some awful waiting games for these approvals. If those scripts are maintained those approvals rollover, if they're not maintained they expire.
3) By having a range of smokes I can mix'n'match to best meet my needs. It also helps in preventing (or reducing) my bodily system becoming normalised to a single strain. With a single strain I keep needing more and more to get the same effect, by mix'n'matching I'm getting a differing mix of cannabinoids from each strain.

So, "Will that be an ongoing arrangement for multiple strains?" If I have my way, most definitely YES!!!

puggle6

Baked
User ID
fwiw, I've had a total of 11 different THC strains prescribed, they do a review (which will cost another consult) if you want to change them between. Eventually when you are settled you get a repeat (for me this time it's 3 months) I found most state what they are supposed to do and my adjustments were mostly for flavor or bad lung hit reasons.

My scripts now 4 strains for 6 weeks, 100g in total

puggle6

Baked
User ID
Indica High THC;
ROCY 30%
TOPAZ 25%
- the TOPAZ is great but I didn't like flav or lung hit, the ROCKY is more expensive but much smoother experience, less intense stone but better pain relief and a great disassociation effect like opiods with heavy use

Sativa High THC;
SOLACE 22%
DESERT FLAME 22%
- the SOLACE is great but tasted bad to me, again the DESERT FLAME is again expensive but 15g instead of 10g, its WA grown Amnesia and a good representation of that strain for sure (recommended definitely for day/general use)

MID THC;
GSC 18 or 20%
CRITICAL SUPER SILVER HAZE 18%
- this is where the whole medical bullshit pretty much lost me... go the GSC here for better or worse. CRITICAL X (?) SSH? what the fuck is going on here????

/slight rant.... So apparently crossing Critical and SSH makes it 'medical' - thats just a fucked idea, the strains don't even remotely compliment each other and I'm actually offended.. (tastes like shit but has a soaring high, thanks CRITICAL for ruining SSH)

T18 LEMNOS 18%
- great allrounder (recommended)

pugs was smoking way better shit he grew himself while writing this half arsed review

F

freddie

Fiona Patten has been a breath of fresh air.

On the driving issue; I listen to a podcast about CBD and an expert on driving pretty much said that the mouth swab only measures what is deposited in you mouth (seems obvious I guess). If you were to take capsules (or suppositories lol), you would not likely ever register. I'd previously thought it may register in saliva from your blood stream, but no.
This is it, but be warned, these guys can be annoying.
No, I am not advising people drive high, please don't. But if you used an edible capsule you probably wouldn't get caught.

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
Fiona Patten has been a breath of fresh air.

On the driving issue; I listen to a podcast about CBD and an expert on driving pretty much said that the mouth swab only measures what is deposited in you mouth (seems obvious I guess). If you were to take capsules (or suppositories lol), you would not likely ever register. I'd previously thought it may register in saliva from your blood stream, but no.
This is it, but be warned, these guys can be annoying.
No, I am not advising people drive high, please don't. But if you used an edible capsule you probably wouldn't get caught.
Sounds like if you want to channel your inner homo and deep throat your bong you could pass too lmao

Top Bottom