Going Legal or not?

F

freddie

I have several ailments that would certainly make me eligible for medical cannabis. It would also replace some pharmaceuticals that I currently take. What puts me off mostly is the cost, and the fact that I can grow good medicine myself for just the cost of electricity.

One thing I have thought of is to go semi legal. I am thinking I could get scripts filled but top them up with my own homegrown. In other words maybe get an ounce or so every few months, but as I run out refill my script packets with my own pot. Then I could at least take it with me without the hassle of getting pulled over. Is that a viable option or am I kidding myself? Do the authorities check up on you?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Yeah, I know others that have taken the same route. Works fine, I challenge anybody (let alone a cop) to be able to ID a specific strain by looking in your jar. I have also heard that it helps should you end up in court, as while you are breaking the law the judge can see that it is not for criminal gain and they (so I've been told) are inclined to go easier on you.

F

freddie

Yes, I thought of the court thing too. Can always claim it was too expensive (which it is). I am careful not to look commercial anyway.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I have several ailments that would certainly make me eligible for medical cannabis. It would also replace some pharmaceuticals that I currently take. What puts me off mostly is the cost, and the fact that I can grow good medicine myself for just the cost of electricity.

One thing I have thought of is to go semi legal. I am thinking I could get scripts filled but top them up with my own homegrown. In other words maybe get an ounce or so every few months, but as I run out refill my script packets with my own pot. Then I could at least take it with me without the hassle of getting pulled over. Is that a viable option or am I kidding myself? Do the authorities check up on you?
I'm looking at doing the same thing for my daughter. Cops would have absolutely no idea what strain is in the canister. Label says it's from the Chemist, and a script from doctor legitimises it.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
They will take your tubs if you get done growing by the looks of what happened to the FAB guys

F

freddie

Sorry what are tubs, or do you mean cannisters?
And who are the FAB guys?
Obviously if I am busted they will take everything I guess. They will now anyway.

F

freddie

Sounds like the QPS had something against these guys for some reason. I know their website but nothing else about them.

Actually pretty disturbing that the cops took their legal cannabis as well as the illegal grow. I would love to know if he got the legal stuff back?

Thanks for posting that.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
He did follow up on reddit about it, something like $1000 fine, didn't get anything back (was to hard apparently) and a good behaviour/no conviction I can't recall the exact details

Seemed excessive

*edit.
iirc they weighed the tubs (canisters) and all as part of the possession charge just like VicPol weigh your pots lol

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I doubt it's that the QPS has problem with them, I'd tend to believe they were an easy scalp so the Drug Squad and Tactical crew can justify their existence.

It's a well know that KPI's have to be met within the QPS. Which once was and still is referred to a "Kill Sheet".

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
It's totally legal (Federal law) to travel into, and out of Australia with up to 3 months supply of personal cannabis, as long as it's prescribed via a script. https://www.odc.gov.au/medicinal-cannabis-importation-and-travellers-exemption. I'm assuming laws for domestic travel/flights would be similar ?? Just need a sympathetic doctor to prescribe an ounce per week, and one could travel with 12 ounces of cannabis. 🤜🤛. Some criminal elements could try and exploit the situation, by removing the medical cannabis from canisters, and regularly replacing it with homegrown. Easy enough to legally cross Aus State borders with a return flight each day. Cannabis Courier service?

Jaz

Curing
User ID
It's totally legal (Federal law) to travel into, and out of Australia with up to 3 months supply of personal cannabis, as long as it's prescribed via a script.

Some criminal elements could try and exploit the situation, by removing the medical cannabis from canisters, and regularly replacing it with homegrown.

I'm sure the authorities will be taking down the script's serial number each time... plus, isn't the script handed in after you purchase? So your Dr. will have to give you a certificate for travel, noting down your travel period on the cert.

j

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I'm sure the authorities will be taking down the script's serial number each time... plus, isn't the script handed in after you purchase? So your Dr. will have to give you a certificate for travel, noting down your travel period on the cert.

j
Repeat script, Chemist gives it back to you. Only need to fill the script once, then keep refilling canisters with homegrown. If you're down to your last repeat script, just take a photocopy. Legal guidelines do not state your doctor has to give you a certificate for travel. You just need a script, which is enough legal proof, as long as your medicine is in the prescribed canisters No problem if they write down the serial number- which I highly doubt they would bother with anyway No law against repeat travel with exactly the same script and medical canisters. Flying high !

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Repeat script, Chemist gives it back to you. Only need to fill the script once, then keep refilling canisters with homegrown. If you're down to your last repeat script, just take a photocopy. Legal guidelines do not state your doctor has to give you a certificate for travel. You just need a script, which is enough legal proof, as long as your medicine is in the prescribed canisters No problem if they write down the serial number- which I highly doubt they would bother with anyway No law against repeat travel with exactly the same script and medical canisters. Flying high !
Cheers.

Are these cannisters sealed with some tamper proof packaging?

j

Jaz

Curing
User ID
All script medicines are, not just cannabis. Thin film under screw top lid. But law doesn't state the canisters need to be sealed. How else is a patient supposed to take daily meds without opening the pack.
I'm going to guess that if you use that excuse, they'll confiscate it and ask you to be sure to only travel with a sealed pack in future... keep that in mind, we've all watched Border Security a.k.a. Borderline Racism and know what they're like.

... and if you're off to Bali make sure your Boogie Board bag has the tamper proof seal intact!

j

Top Bottom