Going Legal or not?

F

freddie

I'm going to guess that if you use that excuse, they'll confiscate it and ask you to be sure to only travel with a sealed pack in future... keep that in mind, we've all watched Border Security a.k.a. Borderline Racism and know what they're like.

... and if you're off to Bali make sure your Boogie Board bag has the tamper proof seal intact!

j
I can travel with an open pack of panedine forte for example. I can't see how cannabis is any different? You can't be expected to travel with a new unopened script for every drug you might take, especially costly ones. I know people on about 5 different medications per day.

I think if you are going to go legal you need to believe that it is a legitimate medicine prescribed by a doctor, and treat it as such. We are so used to prohibition and the stigma that it is a hard mindset to change. If I do go down the legal route, I will treat it as such. I was surprised by the FAB video that PUggles posted. If cops took my legally prescribed medicine and withheld it, look out. I would explore every legal avenue, and they wouldn't hear the end of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Jaz

Curing
User ID
I can travel with an open pack of panedine forte for example. I can't see how cannabis is any different? You can't be expected to travel with a new unopened script for every drug you might take, especially costly ones. I know people on about 5 different medications per day.

Yep, looks like you're right according to this article:

Yes. A patient may carry their legally prescribed medical cannabis on flights within Australia. Whether you are prescribed an oil, tablet, flower (bud) or other product, you may take that on the aeroplane.

“You might find yourself at an airport attracting the attention of sniffer dogs if you’re carrying flower but the way our legal framework is structured, by having a prescription from a medical professional for a specific product, you are permitted to have that product with you.”

It’s important to note that if you have purchased cannabis via an online shop or overseas, it is probably not legal. So, make sure that you’re only travelling with a product that you’ve obtained legally with a prescription via a pharmacy.

https://honahlee.com.au/articles/travelling-medical-cannabis-locally-australia/#travel

I would've thought things were more stringent, surely a Boogie Board bag full of panadeine forte would also raise suspicion... in the case of a dealer trying to sell it illicitly.

j

F

freddie

I would've thought things were more stringent, surely a Boogie Board bag full of panadeine forte would also raise suspicion... in the case of a dealer trying to sell it illicitly.

j
I guess you'd only be able to take what you might reasonably use as medicine, so yeah a boogie board of panedine forte, or buds, would look sus. I think you could take a couple of packs of bud though. I could easily justify needing a daytime bud and different one for nights.

As far as being stringent goes, if it is legally prescribed then it has to be treated as any other medicine. It is a somewhat restricted medicine but no different to say something like Ritalin, or Oxycontin.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
A friend has twice now flown to NZ (and back) with their MC, no problems in either direction. The only inquiry they had was genuine personal interest from a NZ customs officer (who was looking to apply for MC themselves). Both directions were with an opened container and both times, on the return journey, their container was full of their brothers homegrown from NZ.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I'm going to guess that if you use that excuse, they'll confiscate it and ask you to be sure to only travel with a sealed pack in future... keep that in mind, we've all watched Border Security a.k.a. Borderline Racism and know what they're like.

... and if you're off to Bali make sure your Boogie Board bag has the tamper proof seal intact!

j
You sound very paranoid Jasp. I used to travel on domestic flights for work most fortnight's. Done 100's of domestic trips. Always carried my legal meds ( not Canna) in carry on luggage, and they were almost always half opened. I never got stopped once. Pen pusher at airport isn't going to bother with paperwork for legal meds, Canna related or not.

F

freddie

What about travelling with vapes? I am assuming that should be ok too, as that is the recommended way of consuming.

This is another consideration for me. Although being raided is unlikely for me as I am not commercial, it is always a possibility. If I got raided tomorrow I would lose vapes that would cost $1000 to replace.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
There are 2 TGA approved vapes, I can't find the link but I'm pretty sure one is the Mighty

That said I don't think it should matter, my GP recommends a cheaper model. I have a PAX 3

Probably not a good idea to pack a bong in your carry on luggage lol

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID

I think if you are going to go legal you need to believe that it is a legitimate medicine prescribed by a doctor, and treat it as such. We are so used to prohibition and the stigma that it is a hard mindset to change. If I do go down the legal route, I will treat it as such. I was surprised by the FAB video that PUggles posted. If cops took my legally prescribed medicine and withheld it, look out. I would explore every legal avenue, and they wouldn't hear the end of it.
"...it is a legitimate medicine prescribed by a doctor..." and as such cannot be questioned by a filthy copper.
Now, if you've also got a grow going as well, yea, they'll bust you for the grow and query your script. BUT, you're not a Dr, so when they query the script, plead dumb 'Ohh, I don't know, it's a Dr prescribed medicine, you'll have to speak to my treating Dr...' By law, medicos are covered by a confidentiality law and the filth would need a court order for that confidentiality to be breached.

Years ago, before I got my script approved I had to do an airport pick up. I wandered in, not think what I had on me (My tin and my pipe) went thru security (BEEP, BEEP, BEEP) 'Empty your pockets please sir...' then I remembered, OHHH FARK . The security guard opened the tin and I thought my goose was cooked. He look a big lung full, turns to me and says 'Hell, that smells alright...' before he puts the lid back and hands it back to me:oops:. He says to me 'We're looking for powders and explosives, not a tin of green...' PHEW, I then had to go check my shorts😂🤣

F

freddie

Great story Merlin. I holidayed in Canada a few years ago, and had to catch a 6AM flight back to OZ. After sampling Canadian dispensary weed for a few weeks I had a lot of stuff to ditch, various buds, THC oils and capsules, vape pens, a cheap pipe. Ditched it all and was at the airport when a drug dog came up and sat next to me. Thought nothing of it, and was chatting to the handler; actually trying to chat up the handler, a nice blonde. We talked for a bit and she didn't search or anything. Flew back and had my bag checked by Oz customs. No dramas, but later when I was unpacking at home I found several loose THC oil capsules.

Ignorance was bliss, but jeez I was lucky. No idea why I was not searched at Vancouver. It was still illegal in Canada back then, even though there were dispensaries. Would have been worse with Aussie customs. Luckily my bag was a mess so customs didn't notice random caps.

F

freddie

It is a load off my mind as far as the police go. The thing I don't like is that we should be able to produce our own. Instead they've created a system that only allows very big business to play. I looked into becoming a licensed grower and it is insane. Plus there are some massive grows in the works by some companies.

Anyway, I got my products, some CBD oil, THC oil, and 10g of buds. The buds are on par with what I can grow myself, but they are decent enough, 7 or 8/10.
The oils; well no way could I produce oils like that, not at the moment anyway. CBD has been a medical game changer for me so far. Early days yet, but it seems to have replaced nearly all my other meds.

What needs to change are driving laws. At present I have CBD in the day and THC at night. Supposedly the THC will not be detected the morning after but there are plenty of reports that it can turn up in a test after a few days. Anyway, I am driving a good 10 hours after my last THC and not too worried.

What also needs to change is the price. It's fucking ridiculous. Needs to be on PBS. Not only that, but out of the three products I have one is produced in Israel, another in Canada, and the last one in the US. FMD, as if our country hasn't got the best climate in some areas. Anyway apart from the CBD oil, I will ask for local next time. The other thing is I like to know how things are grown, and this info is often not that available.

Something I found surprising was that I expected strains that were developed for medical. Instead these products are just renamed black market varieties like OG Kush, Haze crosses, Zombie Death Fuck. I guess you can't call medicine Zombie Death Fuck!

Rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Spoke to yet another canna Dr (they seem to have a huge staff turn over). The new dr prescribed a different strain again...
BUT
New Dr AND a new chemist means all of those F$%&ing approvals all need to be re-applied for AGAIN, FFS. Luckily I requested that the former scripts that have already had the approvals done, be repeated so I can obtain them, but it's going to take 10days for the approvals for the new strain, then another 5 days to be processed and sent out via the pharmacy. Such a piss around.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Guess it’s dependent on who your doc is. Mine, I had the consult, on the Mon. Approvals were received by the wed, and the delivery on the Fri. Same week. Bloody fast.

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
What needs to change are driving laws.
Until the driving laws change there's no real point in going medicinal. Same with growing your own medicine really. It's all one big scam to get black market prices and so long as the police can nab you at any time behind the wheel there is no safe time for taking your medicine. I've long thought about going legal as I would easily qualify for medicinal access but there's simply no reason to with the way things are. Like why on earth would I pay $20/g when I can grow an ounce for like $50 and either way I'm fucked if I drive? It's bullshit and until the laws change I simply won't bother and will encourage everyone else to avoid supporting the system too.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
however, they take the approach that you can’t drive if impaired. I’m not sure how they test for that here. Never been tested

Top Bottom