Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Looks like that cunt just had an orgazzaism fucking jizz all over the place 🤣
The breeder has a keen eye for producing colourful flowers. The Ethos FB page is chockas with outrageously beautiful grow photos. Becoming a bit of a fanboy myself, of this guy's chucks 😜

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Wedding Cake (MSNL). Day 65 flower. Cloned daughter showing early sign of reversed balls, 17 days after STS application. Selected for diesel aroma and yield/stacking profile. I'll give this mom another week. IMG_20220426_064135242.jpg

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Today is day 28 after flip. First spray of STS on night of flip, and second spray 5 nights later. Both female plants started producing lots of balls on day 17 ( 11 days ago). Few balls have opened in last few days, but no visible pollen, even under 60x loupe. Plants are mated in tent with female partner, however nil sign of pollination, as all female receptor plant pistils are still white. Been collecting and drying balls in a paper bag. Crushing balls when dry and brushing on female plants trying to force pollination. Google is devoid on any meaningful information on subject of zero pollen production . Canna chat rooms advise it sometimes just happens. Environment in both tents is fine. Separate strains from separate breeders, so issue is not strain specific. Some normal leaf burn visible on reversed plants from STS. Any experiences/views on why zero pollen production? IMG_20220509_072343862.jpgIMG_20220509_072400060.jpgIMG_20220509_072406560.jpgIMG_20220509_072456073.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_095347116.jpg
    IMG_20220504_095347116.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 9

Indy

Misfit
User ID
With my limited experience with pollen-chucking, I'd suggest they're probably another week off from the SACS opening up properly, mate.

That said, I've only fucked around with regs 'n autos. Never dabbled in this back crossing stuff.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Today is day 28 after flip. First spray of STS on night of flip, and second spray 5 nights later. Both female plants started producing lots of balls on day 17 ( 11 days ago). Few balls have opened in last few days, but no visible pollen, even under 60x loupe. Plants are mated in tent with female partner, however nil sign of pollination, as all female receptor plant pistils are still white. Been collecting and drying balls in a paper bag. Crushing balls when dry and brushing on female plants trying to force pollination. Google is devoid on any meaningful information on subject of zero pollen production . Canna chat rooms advise it sometimes just happens. Environment in both tents is fine. Separate strains from separate breeders, so issue is not strain specific. Some normal leaf burn visible on reversed plants from STS. Any experiences/views on why zero pollen production? View attachment 23749View attachment 23750View attachment 23754View attachment 23752
I'm sure I remember reading that very low and very high temps can limit pollen production! Think that was for just straight male not STS though!!
Take it with a grain of salt mate just something I read a while back!

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Gday Reynard how's the tribe?
Just out of curiosity are you using pentahydrous or anhydrous sodium thiosulate?
I don't know shit about it but have read dilution rates and application frequency can effect results.
May be Buzzo might chime in with some advice, he's been playing feminised a while now.✌

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
@Oldfark . I'm using anhydrous. Same stuff I successfully used for last batch of feminised seeds. I mixed a fresh batch up on night of initial spray, as once it's mixed together, it degrades quickly. @Porky , environment is ok. Temps around 18 overnight to 28 daytime. Humidity fluctuates between 50 up to 70/80(overnight) during last week. Same environment worked for regular chucks, and a previous reversed chuck. @Indy, I'll give it another 2 weeks to show pollen, then chop and start again. One strain is a 9 weeker, if it pollinates at week 6, it then needs another 6 weeks for all seeds to fully form. Turns a 9 week strain into 12 weeks to harvest seeds, which could stress plant too much going well beyond its optimal lifecycle.

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
from my attempts with STS on plants its quite normal for the sacs not to produce very much visible pollen but once you save up a heap of the swollen sacs (takes longer than normal males to ripen) let them dry and gently rub them over a screen you should get your lovely golden pollen.
I then mix it with a little sifted flour to increase volume and chuck in a grain of rice or two to absorb any unwanted moisture if saving it for another time.
At the moment I am experimenting with colloidal silver to see if it creates more pollen it just requires twice daily
spraying instead of the one or two times needed for STS

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
from my attempts with STS on plants its quite normal for the sacs not to produce very much visible pollen but once you save up a heap of the swollen sacs (takes longer than normal males to ripen) let them dry and gently rub them over a screen you should get your lovely golden pollen.
I then mix it with a little sifted flour to increase volume and chuck in a grain of rice or two to absorb any unwanted moisture if saving it for another time.
At the moment I am experimenting with colloidal silver to see if it creates more pollen it just requires twice daily
spraying instead of the one or two times needed for STS
Sacks on the plate( previous photo) were freshly collected, and dried in paper bag for 2 days. Then crushed and applied over female receptor. I've already applied a few days ago using this method, and I'll continue that approach every few days for next fortnight.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I can't find the episode at the moment, but I remember THCaeczar talking about something similar on one of the DHLive podcasts. From memory he was saying that some strains have much higher 'ethylene stability'(??not sure if that's a thing??) and are almost impossible to get viable reversed pollen from. He was saying it was a desired trait as it meant the offspring would be near zero herm chance, but made reversal very hard/near impossible. I wish I could remember more 🤷‍♂️ ... I'll let you know if I find it again.

Last edited:

Cheech

Vegetating
User ID
Is anyone interested making FEMALE seeds in Australia- for FREE ?? I'm sending out feelers if there's any interest in starting a (very small) Aussie group to pollen chuck female seeds. There's no catch, however you must be willing to share some (homemade) seeds within the closed group. Conditions are simple: 1. NO regular seeds, must only be female photoperiod seeds. 2. Must be willing to freely share/swap the female seeds within the closed group, and 3. Must be willing to cross at least one female plant per year( only needs to be 6 weeks veg in a 20cm-4 litre pot) To start, I can provide/post free STS to group members. I'll also provide detailed instructions on when/how to mix and apply the STS. It's really simple, and anyone that's pollinated a regular cross, can make FEM seeds. If you don't have access to any quality strains, I can also share a few beans for you to start with (as a one-off). I DO NOT intend to sell the seeds. My interest in a group is honourable. It allows us to cross many more strains, than I could make by myself - and we save money by not dealing with seedbanks. By swapping strains, we can access much more variety. If you intend to sell your seeds, that's your business, but it's not the main aim. Let me know if youre interested, and we can private chat from there. Sorry, but absolutely no autos. Group of about 5 people would be optimal, so first in best dressed, thanks.
Hi again .
That's a yes from me mate.
At some stage I can give an email address or suggestions of how to keep some topics confidential if needed
I am limited ATM but in saying this I have a couple of interesting prospects at the moment will give more information if required
Have a great day.

Cheech

Vegetating
User ID
Good idea, shame I'm all about regular seeds otherwise I'd be keen as.
Are you going to be forcing participants to stress test their plants? One of the biggest issues I see with feminised seeds is that the breeders typically only concentrate on the quality of the cuts they have when grown in perfect conditions but we all know that stressing any cannabis plant too much can make them freak out and try to preserve their genetics by making seed. Most growers aren't perfect and will check their gardens during lights off, will let them get droopy from a lack of water, etc. and even the sudden unnatural change from 18/6 to 12/12 can make certain plants like landraces that have never experienced indoor growing conditions chimp out and throw bananas all willy nilly. By stressing the plants though you can see where the line is for those negative conditions and remove the less tolerant females so that the ones you work with are essentially super females that require chemical intervention to turn resulting in offspring that even the biggest noob would have troubles in getting a single banana out of.
It's probably a lot to ask people to abuse their plants in every way imaginable especially given we're restricted by plant numbers due to the law but I think it would make the world of difference to your long term efforts if you at least forced people to cover the basics like brief night time illumination.
Is it not induced by painting colloidal silver on the same branch.no stress.?

Top Bottom