Domestic Seed Sources - Australia

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Anyone waiting on a 7east order at the moment? Mines been stuck with customs in Syd since last week... last time once cleared it went across the country - to WA and back... at least it had passed. Never had anything pend so long at customs (beans or otherwise)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Anyone waiting on a 7east order at the moment? Mines been stuck with customs in Syd since last week... last time once cleared it went across the country - to WA and back... at least it had passed. Never had anything pend so long at customs (beans or otherwise)
Haven't had any issues with customs here, but I have had two packages intercepted by Canadian border patrol before they leave canada. Received a letter weeks later in both cases.

Hoping for the best.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Haven't had any issues with customs here, but I have had two packages intercepted by Canadian border patrol before they leave canada. Received a letter weeks later in both cases.

Hoping for the best.
Yeah I've had good runs with orders from OS, except one intercepted by US customs. Everything local has been fine.

I've got another order on its way via DHL from another place, and that should be here soon all going well. Not super keen on the CanadaPost option from 7East... I mean, it's very well priced and seems to work. But I'd probably rather pay an extra $50 to get a better service to be sure. Not a slight against them of course, just the cost of doing business

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Recently had an order clear but wasn't from 7east but another Canadian bank, took 1 week and 6 days from purchase to delivery if that helps

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I've had good runs with orders from OS, except one intercepted by US customs. Everything local has been fine.

I've got another order on its way via DHL from another place, and that should be here soon all going well. Not super keen on the CanadaPost option from 7East... I mean, it's very well priced and seems to work. But I'd probably rather pay an extra $50 to get a better service to be sure. Not a slight against them of course, just the cost of doing business
7east was super quick at re-shipping and both arrived soon after which is a bonus. Also had me last order with WWR get snagged by border patrol as well so it seems border forces might be stepping up checks lately in Canada.

Just ordered some interesting hybrids from hoku. Fingers crossed. It's getting to be a bit of a farce on my end though. With my lackluster setup it'll be next millenia before I get through the current stash.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Recently had an order clear but wasn't from 7east but another Canadian bank, took 1 week and 6 days from purchase to delivery if that helps
Nice, much quicker. Last order from them was around 3 weeks with the national tour here. Otherwise would have been similar.

7east was super quick at re-shipping and both arrived soon after which is a bonus. Also had me last order with WWR get snagged by border patrol as well so it seems border forces might be stepping up checks lately in Canada.

Just ordered some interesting hybrids from hoku. Fingers crossed. It's getting to be a bit of a farce on my end though. With my lackluster setup it'll be next millenia before I get through the current stash.
I'd be keen to avoid a reship... but we'll see. Good to know they can help out. I might start using a new safe address too.

Nice on ordering from Hoku. I'm so keen to start popping their stuff. But yes, like you, have more than I can get through. Probably be next summer before they get a look.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
This post over on Reddit has some relevant info to all regarding customs - some bloke who is former ABF mentions some details on how and what they scan for.

My order is still pending in Sydney after 2 weeks. From what I gather, Euro sellers were difficult so we started going US/CA - but maybe they've caught up. Not writing this off based on one order, but not feeling confident

GreenMan

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
This post over on Reddit has some relevant info to all regarding customs - some bloke who is former ABF mentions some details on how and what they scan for.

My order is still pending in Sydney after 2 weeks. From what I gather, Euro sellers were difficult so we started going US/CA - but maybe they've caught up. Not writing this off based on one order, but not feeling confident
Hey mate

I just received my first order from 7east - 7 days from Canada to QLD, very impressed with that. Good seed count and freebies too. Also scored 63% off from various promo codes :p

Hope you get yours soon man!

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Hey mate

I just received my first order from 7east - 7 days from Canada to QLD, very impressed with that. Good seed count and freebies too. Also scored 63% off from various promo codes :p

Hope you get yours soon man!
Nice one - glad you got yours. I was gonna order with the recent sale but was waiting for this order to get through first.

I'll keep waiting and seeing. If it gets taken that's one thing, but want some confirmation. Fingers crossed.

Hope this is a one off, because I wanna order more! Hah

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I'll keep waiting and seeing. If it gets taken that's one thing, but want some confirmation. Fingers crossed.
You won't necessarily get any confirmation that they have been seized/destroyed. From my experience they just destroy the package and the tracking stalls until it eventually disappears from the system.

If there are other legal items of value in the package, then they will remove the "bio security risk" and replace it with helpful literature about keeping Australia safe and a notice of destruction, then send it on it's way to first make, then ruin your day :(.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
You won't necessarily get any confirmation that they have been seized/destroyed. From my experience they just destroy the package and the tracking stalls until it eventually disappears from the system.
Yeah I figured this was probably gonna be the case. I've had the other scenario of stuff being inspected but left alone as you say.

So I emailed 7east and see what they reckon 🙏🙏🙏

GreenMan

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Nice one - glad you got yours. I was gonna order with the recent sale but was waiting for this order to get through first.

Hope this is a one off, because I wanna order more! Hah
Yeah I think it's a rare exception. I am sure they will make it right for you either way, they seem like good people.

Hopefully a 420 sale coming, not too far off :p

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Yeah I think it's a rare exception. I am sure they will make it right for you either way, they seem like good people.

Hopefully a 420 sale coming, not too far off :p
Yeah they are onto it! I emailed them last night and by this morning got emails indicating they were resending the order. Super work from them and very thankful. Fingers crossed and yeah, next sale I'm going harder - got myself access to crypto so now can score an extra discount too! 🖖 🌿

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Yeah they are onto it! I emailed them last night and by this morning got emails indicating they were resending the order. Super work from them and very thankful. Fingers crossed and yeah, next sale I'm going harder - got myself access to crypto so now can score an extra discount too! 🖖 🌿
What crypto are you with? Took me awhile to sort mine, but the transaction fee is hefty. Just sent $155, cost almost $40.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
What crypto are you with? Took me awhile to sort mine, but the transaction fee is hefty. Just sent $155, cost almost $40.
I signed up with Kraken - no real idea of who is good etc. Though I think Kraken might be more intended for trading than being a wallet. I thought using a US based exchange might be a good idea over local, but you still need to provide ID. I've not compared fees to others. I made a test purchase of $100AUD worth of BTC and got charged $5.42. I'm waiting for that to clear (there is a 72hour delay for first purchase). The thing I find most confusing is the interface - it doesn't gell with me. Again, I think it's more for investors. I might have a look around to see about another.

SAW

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I’m with coinspot.
CONS: Takes 24h for an OSKO transfer, but that’s “which” bank’s style. ATO are aware, so I declare my profits and losses, usually in the <$1 range. Only a small fee to deposit $2, but it’s 0.0005BC fee to send. That’s currently $40 with the recent spike in value. Fucked me up many times as I wouldn’t transfer enough and have to repeat the process over 24 hours, then BC would go down and then another 24 hours arghh.
Necessary evil but I feel secure.
Kraken seems to have an Australian connection, or maybe it’s just marketing.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I was checking the price trends and it was definitely sitting high yesterday when I bought my $100AUD worth! I'll need to wrap my head around the fluctuations and how that might impact usage - I could see myself in a similar situation as you describe of falling short because of exchange shifts. I'm not expecting to use this much - but I'll see how comfortable I get with it. I had friends telling me to get in on it in 2015 - I should have listened! But I was also fairly broke then. I'd have been rich now though 🙃

Yeah Kraken have an PayID option which is handy - so must have some Aussie links, maybe like Wise do. I'm sure by the time I get to make a purchase my $100AUD worth will have dropped a fair bit *sigh* but I'll worry about it then. Maybe I'll get lucky and buy some when it dips again

GreenMan

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Glad to hear its being sorted. Yeah well worth the extra 25% off. Don't forget the TSE code too.

Top Bottom