Best budget led for a veg tent.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
And according to MARS their 12w TS5000 is equivalent to 16 x 1000w HID’s.

surely watt for watt is the only fair comparison?
Not sure why ya bringing mars into this.
Thats the whole point of led is using half the watts.
Compare watts if ya like.
Could ya grow the buds in the pics i put up with 780 watts of hid??

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Not sure why ya bringing mars into this.
Thats the whole point of led is using half the watts.
Compare watts if ya like.
Could ya grow the buds in the pics i put up with 780 watts of hid??

2. X 400w HPS. Yeah I reckon that would be similar in that space... buy 2 and run the next lot? Easy comparison.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Im staying out of this debate lol, yes the lights are on but nobody’s home 😝

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
I realise, apples aren't oranges, but what I am chasing is a decent led, that will veg a 1x1 tent reasonably efficiently at 18 6. May run an auto in there on the odd occasion if I don't kill the buggers to quick.

But my main concern is led on veg on photos , and the 1.2 x 1.2 will flower with a 600w hps.

I guess my main question is, if I veg on led, and then switch to his for 12 12, will I run into a shock problem? And will I really save any coins on the power bill between vegging for 4 or 5 weeks on led vs the same on a 250w cmh or 400w cmh digital ballast or mag ballast.

Like all of us, that cant use the sun, power bills are a concern.

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
Sounds like a nice combo. You could get very productive with those two tents and good timing.
Yeah. It will take a lot of fucking about and trial and error, but staggering seedlings and such should help kind of keep it moving along.

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
No. I dont mean running a 250 or 400 w globe verse the same watt in led, i mean equivalent. Fuck, i didnt realise i didnt make that point.

I want the led to be more energry5 efficient obviously. A 250 or 400 w globe vs an equivalent led for veg. I have solar power during the day, and will run the 600w hps for flower during the day. Off at night. Run led on veg for daylight, and some savings at late night I guess.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Now why would I bother to do something a stupid as that.
You got no clue about led do ya??
2. X 400w HPS. Yeah I reckon that would be similar in that space... buy 2 and run the next lot? Easy comparison.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Look cop the difference is ya only need 100 watts of led to do the space not 250 of hid that is where ya get the savings. Oh and ya don’t have to buy globes.
Look I can’t make it any more simple for ya.
Billy is just trying to make him self sound smart with maths.
The whole point is growing the same amount of buds with half the power which led does. It’s a simple as that.
And if Billy thinks he could flower a 2.4x1.2 tent as good as my HLGs with the equivalent of 780 watts of hid he is either stupid, ignorant or just bullshitting as to not look the first 2.
It’s that simple cop. 👍😂

No. I dont mean running a 250 or 400 w globe verse the same watt in led, i mean equivalent. Fuck, i didnt realise i didnt make that point.

I want the led to be more energry5 efficient obviously. A 250 or 400 w globe vs an equivalent led for veg. I have solar power during the day, and will run the 600w hps for flower during the day. Off at night. Run led on veg for daylight, and some savings at late night I guess.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Look cop the difference is ya only need 100 watts of led to do the space not 250 of hid that is where ya get the savings. Oh and ya don’t have to buy globes.
The whole point is growing the same amount of buds with half the power which led does. It’s a simple as that.
And if Billy thinks he could flower a 2.4x1.2 tent as good as my HLGs with the equivalent of 780 watts of hid he is either stupid, ignorant or just bullshitting as to not look the first 2.
It’s that simple cop. 👍😂

Let us know when ya weigh in mate :)

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
It’s that simple cop. 👍😂

bit of difference in 100 w of led compared to 250 w of hid.
bigger footprint with the hid and way faster growth saving time.
i got the spider farmer that uses 100w ,not impressed ,,I realised I’d have to take the extra veg time into consideration for timing a grow.Or buy a stronger led ,,maybe in the range of say 180 w to 200 w.

the 100w led is ok but just not as good as I hoped ,,I don’t think it would be equall to even 200 w of hid regardless of the claims I’ve heard

haven’t seen any grows getting 2 gpw from leds regardless of how long they were even vegged for.

still There are lots of variables especially with the strain you use.,,and other things too.

Im very tempted to try out a led that is close to using 600w at the wall and flowering with it for the summer
in my 1.2 tent ,,the room it’s in gets pretty hot as it is ,

what was your yield using 780 w led Porky ?

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yep HLG cost saving in power, is half compared to HPS. Growth rate is amazing also.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Fred's on the money lol

Spread and radiant heat are actually things I am missing in my led tent compared to my HID tent. But I believe I am seeing vegetative growth from 450w led that is in line with what I get from my 600w MH.

I got a couple seedlings and cutting under a 125ish w CFL with a reflector, not vegging all that quick. I think in part due to very cold temps. But don't expect quick veg growth under small lights imo.

I think led's need to be matched with there growing area much more than HID.

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
If i have to veg for an extra week, then so be it. Hopefully can stagger a few plants and be harvesting over a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom