Best budget led for a veg tent.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Be interested to see if it works for ya... do you feed yours though, or just water only??. Apparently 50L is the go for living soil.
Yeah I feed mine but as I’ve been making my soil better over the last 2 years I’ve been using less.
I remember itichy saying he does the same as you and he reckon ide be fine to do it in me 21lt pots.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I feed mine but as I’ve been making my soil better over the last 2 years I’ve been using less.
I remember itichy saying he does the same as you and he reckon ide be fine to do it in me 21lt pots.

small pots for ya small plants 🤪

Defsnotacop

Curing
User ID
Turns out I didn't need anything, just needed to be patient. Although I did sprinkle some mycorrhzae and water that in.

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I run two tents but have mh and hps globes for both setups. If u buy just a 600w mh globe say 80 bucks your up 320 bucks which will go towards your power bill, and save the life of your hps globe as you would use the mh for veg and the hps for flower.

In the end its your decision if you really want a led here is a few i would look at in your budget range.

Nothing wrong with any of these, id be going HLG build, or mars out of the box ..

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID
Hey y'all.

I want a decent veg led for a 1x1x2 tent. Budget is around 300 bucks, maybe up to 400. Will use my 600whps for flower.

I know cheap isn't good, but I blew a bit of coin on the easy as organic no water SOIL. Haha. Plus I seen a few people's having good results on the other forum. And.....If it's on for 18-6 I would like to save some coins with cheaper led power usage .

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID
They are bad ass bro, run cool asf and are quality built using best of the best.
For that price in Aus can't go wrong....

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID

nici

Germinating
User ID
I have a hlg 65 I use in a 60*60 for veg/mothers and decided to flower out with it for shits and giggles. 4 plants in that space veged for 3 weeks then flipped. Living soil 7lt fabric pots with a light seasol watering ever other day and ended up just shy of 4oz. Obviously would have got more with a stronger light but for 65w she went alright so veg with your 135w should be more than enough.

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I have a hlg 65 I use in a 60*60 for veg/mothers and decided to flower out with it for shits and giggles. 4 plants in that space veged for 3 weeks then flipped. Living soil 7lt fabric pots with a light seasol watering ever other day and ended up just shy of 4oz. Obviously would have got more with a stronger light but for 65w she went alright so veg with your 135w should be more than enough.
That’s 1.86gpw mate.
Ahh LEDs a. 😂😂

nici

Germinating
User ID
That’s 1.86gpw mate.
Ahh LEDs a. 😂😂
Not sure if that's good or not 😔 I only grow for personal so never followed the g/w goals. I think for my small spaces 1-2 plants max for light penetration as it was too crowded with the 4 ladies in there.

Top Bottom