Ayeydized's Magic Mushroom Growlogs

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
By my not so perfect memory there was a place in the US that had asbestos in the vermiculite ,,that was shut down years ago ,,

There should be no concern about it in the vermiculite we get.
That’s good to know too. I’ve been using verm lately. But I was really impressed with the charcoal in the Pf jars. I just ran out of charcoal

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'm just after something to add to the coco to give it a bit of a boost. The best harvest I've had was with using bought pre moistened coco that had been supplemented with? Not the cheapest option at 20 odd dollars per kilo bag. Might skip the horse shit. Would adding brf to the coco be any good? Might go all clumpy? Or adding charcoal? Or am I thinking along the wrong lines? I Do have some gypsum as well

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I'm just after something to add to the coco to give it a bit of a boost. The best harvest I've had was with using bought pre moistened coco that had been supplemented with? Not the cheapest option at 20 odd dollars per kilo bag. Might skip the horse shit. Would adding brf to the coco be any good? Might go all clumpy? Or adding charcoal? Or am I thinking along the wrong lines? I Do have some gypsum as well
There’s not much reason to. If you spend some time in the shroomery you’ll see the guys/gals growing bulk amounts regularly are almost all using bulk grain spawn to straight coir monotubs generally purchased in brick form. The reason is it’s a good solid tek.

your spawn is where the myc gets majority of its nutrients, the sub is just something for the myc to hold onto so it can fruit.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Cleanliness and simplicity are the keys to mycology.
there’s such a wealth of knowledge on the shroomery. But it can be a little overwhelming at first.
Everyone has their own styles and preferred spawn/bulk/fruiting attempts.
I do like to try a few different ways when I try growing new species just to find my preference.
I’m pretty happy with rye grass seed in a pf jar and it’s the first attempt at using it as grain spawn so I’ll keep updating as it goes.
Soot and R3z. Are you guys logged on the shroomery?

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Yeah cool. You use the same user name or something different. I try to keep my hobby usernames the same lol
The is an Aussie cult thread I’m on that’s got some helpful Aussie based info.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Cleanliness and simplicity are the keys to mycology.
there’s such a wealth of knowledge on the shroomery. But it can be a little overwhelming at first.
Everyone has their own styles and preferred spawn/bulk/fruiting attempts.
I do like to try a few different ways when I try growing new species just to find my preference.
I’m pretty happy with rye grass seed in a pf jar and it’s the first attempt at using it as grain spawn so I’ll keep updating as it goes.
Soot and R3z. Are you guys logged on the shroomery?

na I got into mycology during the great hack and subsequent offline status of the .org so never made an account. Made learning shit fucking hard which is probably why it’s all been sitting there untouched.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Those transfers have awesome growth. The ovoid still has something else but that’s to be expected from wild wood loving prints.

With these isolates the next round of grain spawn should be heaps better.

I’m thinking I might uncle Ben’s some of the Galindo like elsooto in the clear zip bags. 7FC24CC8-05B4-4782-AEE1-7CCFC626B940.jpeg

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Those transfers have awesome growth. The ovoid still has something else but that’s to be expected from wild wood loving prints.

With these isolates the next round of grain spawn should be heaps better.

I’m thinking I might uncle Ben’s some of the Galindo like elsooto in the clear zip bags. View attachment 12028
I’d take some transfers of the top and right one and go for a mono/make sure they’re clean. Left one obviously has contam at bottom but also looks like something in the mycelium So personally I’d discard and try again but if you leave it you might be able to get something to transfer before the contam spores all over the plate.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’d take some transfers of the top and right one and go for a mono/make sure they’re clean. Left one obviously has contam at bottom but also looks like something in the mycelium So personally I’d discard and try again but if you leave it you might be able to get something to transfer before the contam spores all over the plate.
Left one being the pan cyan?
The ovoid on the right has that big black blob. The pan cyan has my phones reflecting below the myc on the plates lid. I’m going to transfer all three anyways to really clean them up.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
The ovoid on the right has that big black blob. The pan cyan has my phones reflecting below the myc on the plates lid. I’m going to transfer all three anyways to really clean them up.
Woops. Got my left and rights mixed up. I meant discard the ovoid.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Hole punches for leatherwork etc are great for taking transfers

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
So I’ve started another bunch of jars. Kinda neglected shroom production for a while.

I had a few different ones contaminate before but this time I went back to basics again.

MS syringe to verm/brf jars using B+ and Ps Natalensis. And two jars of charcoal/ grass seed for Ps Aucklandiae.

Started some jars of pan cyans and ps semperviva again too last week but they aren’t showing any myc growth yet.

it’s been pretty warm so I’m hoping once the jars are fully colonised the spring temps will make fruiting a breeze.
2F10D2F0-8A0A-481A-8B11-2D5BD8DCFED7.jpeg

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Nice one, mate. Did you make the syringes again?
I been a bit like you, not much shroom action going on but had a colonised bag of tulum just sitting in the fridge so turned that into another 6 bags via grain transfer zip lock. All bags (apart from a quarter of one) fully colonised.
I tried a couple of your prints to agar but had mass contam, I made a diy flow hood that obviously isn't that great 😔

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Think these took around 8-10 days to get to this stage. 20210819_152342.jpg
Also I shot up this bag with gt, will do the same with the zip locks with it
20210819_152439.jpg

Top Bottom