Ayeydized's Magic Mushroom Growlogs

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
So I went away for a long weekend holiday with the fam. Came back and had some little fungi’s waiting too long.
5B72741B-637A-4F21-8A7F-36D55B53E4B2.jpegCDA43E84-4D15-47B9-A955-3CF490757E3E.jpeg

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
It’s the 2nd flush in the blue tub but 1st in the other one. Haven’t been too impressed with the size of the fruits. But it’s still a bit cold plus they were pretty basic grows. No added nutrients like coffee. Just coir substrate.
Next grows I’m going to trial different substrates and really kick it up gear.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’ve been a slack on the updates so here they are.

the second part of those mazatapec cakes flush has been picked. I don’t class it as another flush if it only happens a day or two later.
F76B450E-1E84-476F-A16E-788F7FA28375.jpeg709B56E9-5492-4886-A77B-43FBDECBDFD3.jpeg
Just over 32g so that’s 80g combined from the flush. Not bad for cakes that had little contaminated spots in jar.

The smaller tub which is wild bird seed spawn ( not of tek) has produced well.

FF210A4F-C33B-41BE-B332-ED76033A8A67.jpegAFD7D6B0-7133-4FCF-9BCF-7389CE079178.jpeg4F989040-8D51-4EFC-8608-BA7E982DF798.jpeg
There’s been a few slow ones pop up between these pics but I didn’t take any photos. The last one is over 12g by himself.

We made a nice tea the other weekend with half the maz. Had it at 7am. Was a great way to start the day. Dried are ok if you don’t plan on consuming them straight away but if you have them use fresh ones in a tea. I prefer them that way.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’ve started a small Panaeolus cyanescens grow. Got a print called pan cyan rainbow eucalyptus. From Hawaii supposedly.

So far I’ve only transferred once on agar but I always do a multi spore syringe when I do agar to test it out. The tubs that I used with the mss have fruited. Only little ones but that’s to be expected.

132552FD-BE8A-410A-9755-4CB20482130C.jpeg

This is the shotgun fruiting chamber. Used some takeaway containers with a light casing layer and buried them in perlite. It’s working pretty good so far.
2245F147-CF6F-4C31-B74E-49BE61A854ED.jpegE0293067-C932-4BA7-B9DF-9CFFD573B846.jpeg5EA356BC-A5E4-4821-AF8C-FCC9E76EBAB2.jpeg
I did a couple of test jars with the spores one of which contaminated so I dug out the good stuff and mixed in with hpoo/verm/coir. It’s doing well.

388E7AD2-1865-4A17-93F4-4D2FC98954FA.jpeg0D2D7754-7355-4816-9209-FCFA4F7D902A.jpeg

This is the transfers. Two other ones that have transferred well too

6C774500-F52C-4499-884F-C09869DD65DF.jpeg

And this is 2.3 grams turned in tea. Not much but pans are meant to be stronger and as they are test tubs and not very big I didn’t want to dry them out into tiny twigs so made a tea with fresh ones. I’ll hopefully have a bigger flush coming within the week. 6D7C507B-4D47-4C3E-B599-19D6D4A6EB2A.jpeg

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Nice! With those tubs that the cyans are in, do they have the same mix of manure verm and coco? If so, how did you prepare that mix? I need to do something like that as I have 2 tubs on the go atm that aren't really doing much (straight coco coir) and I happen to have some bags of horse shit out the back, keen to try something different with the sub

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
So I actually did two different spawn mixes. One brf/hpoo/verm. The other grass seed milled like flour/hpoo/verm. Both had good growth but the grass seed was the one in the tub. The contamination could have been anything but the myc grew really fast on it which is encouraging.

When I mixed to bulk i just used a blend of coir/verm and I a bit more hpoo. It’s wasn’t sterilised as it was a test. Once the grain spawn jars are ready I’ll do the same bulk recipe but sterilise it.

First real go at pans so I’m experimenting. The grains I have going are whole grass seed. I’ll do some bird seed soon too.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I didn’t have much success on agar with two other species (caerulescens and semperviva). Both never germinated from spore prints. And one contaminated badly. Maybe yours will have better luck Soot. That semp you have was from someone else but the caerulescens is the same batch. I think both will do well on grass seed too.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yeah i stumbled across a thread on shroomery saying how verm may contain aspestos which is a little worrying. And charcoal is a natural alternative.
I've had some awesome grows with it before. Check out my username(same as here) on the shroomery and the thread is in my signiture.

Humidity chamber works the same as sgfc just no holes needed to be drilled. A mate had great success with one..
Eating asbestos is fine. It’s only an issue if you breathe the dust and even than it’s negligible (something like less than 3-6% chance and that’s assuming more than one exposure, but like silica dust).

R3za92

Baked
User ID
There is a few local vendors on reddit that ship syringes around oz.
r/aussiesporetraders is where u will find them. I've had no issues getting them, but as ayeydized said dont bother trying to get them in from overseas
I had no issues getting spores in through sporeworks from the USA. Spore syringes/cultures are hard to impossible to get in though.

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
So I actually did two different spawn mixes. One brf/hpoo/verm. The other grass seed milled like flour/hpoo/verm. Both had good growth but the grass seed was the one in the tub. The contamination could have been anything but the myc grew really fast on it which is encouraging.

When I mixed to bulk i just used a blend of coir/verm and I a bit more hpoo. It’s wasn’t sterilised as it was a test. Once the grain spawn jars are ready I’ll do the same bulk recipe but sterilise it.

First real go at pans so I’m experimenting. The grains I have going are whole grass seed. I’ll do some bird seed soon too.
How will you go about sterilising it mate? Just in an oven ?

R3za92

Baked
User ID
How will you go about sterilising it mate? Just in an oven ?

pressure cooker is the go. Can’t really sterilise anything at atmospheric pressure. Could use bucket tek for pasteurisation but that’s not the same as sterilising.

R3za92

Baked
User ID

id skip the poo. It’s not really needed and it carries a huge contamination vector and potentially a few parasites etc that won’t be killed by sterilisation. The brf and grass seed flour will more than suffice as nutrient for the mycelium.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Yeah i stumbled across a thread on shroomery saying how verm may contain aspestos which is a little worrying. And charcoal is a natural alternative.
I've had some awesome grows with it before. Check out my username(same as here) on the shroomery and the thread is in my signiture.

Humidity chamber works the same as sgfc just no holes needed to be drilled. A mate had great success with one..

By my not so perfect memory there was a place in the US that had asbestos in the vermiculite ,,that was shut down years ago ,,

There should be no concern about it in the vermiculite we get.

Top Bottom