ASX and general share trading advice thread

OldCobber46

Germinating
User ID
i have been trading global markets for almost 25 years, well before internet trading evolved to what it is today.

Best CHESS broker: selfwealth.com.au

avoid non chess brokers because if they go belly up (remember opus prime?) your money and shares are gone

Investment and daily income generation guide:

Go long on stocks with low p/e and solid balance sheets that show growth. Make a shortlist of these you would like to own. Obtain these stocks by only buying on days the market is down, accumulute only parcels at a time, so if it eeps dropping your average buy in price goes lower. Eg if you want to buy 1000 shares of say, ANZ bank, buy 200 at a time trying to average down the price.

Once you have a portfolio, use a low cost broker to trade it every day. Sell and buy back lower the same day if possible, intraday if necessary. Same principle, don't sell all at once, stagger the sales to ride the price if the market is going up. Be careful trading stocks near ex dividend date as they usually run up in value and you may not be abke to buy them back for a lower price.

Many stocks offer 1% or more price movements during a day. While its near impossible to guess right every time, a good trader can average between .25% and .5% a day. If you hit .5% a day, that is 2.5% a week, so on 100k that is $2500 profit, easily enough to live on!

Oh, and avoid meme stocks and crypto unless you are a pure gambler. There is a difference between investment and gambling!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
Nice one. So you just keep an ear to the ground and wait for them to make an announcement next week and get in before that or something?
Already had the announcement, just waiting on shareholder approval Sep 2nd
they get $200 m for the sale, another $200m at first production, and a .75 % royalty

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Doubt it with them giving away 15m a year for free calls from any pay phone to any number in aust landline or mobile.

I recon Qantas shares will increase to pre covid levels or above once boarders are open and international travel resumes. They took a big hit with covid. Wish I bought at the bottom of the dip.
Haha, it was intended as sarcasm, mate. :p

Yestie, I was just recalling back in the day (mid 90's?) when the fed gov took the public asset and put it up for sale, even managed to spend quite a few million trying to push shares onto the public (via advertising) that seen the shares start out at $16-$18 a piece, and within a short time frame they crashed to about $2 a piece and hadn't seen much improvement since.

Pedro de pacas

User ID
Been in this one since Feb 2013 ? first bought 20-30k ? shares @18c
got close to 4 m shares now @ an average of 5.5c, been a few false starts, hard to get funding for a coal mine these days (Global warming cocksuckers) but we there now, always good to see them start developing a mine, cunts should be mining Dec-Jan
1628030847453.png

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Haha, it was intended as sarcasm, mate. :p

Yestie, I was just recalling back in the day (mid 90's?) when the fed gov took the public asset and put it up for sale, even managed to spend quite a few million trying to push shares onto the public (via advertising) that seen the shares start out at $16-$18 a piece, and within a short time frame they crashed to about $2 a piece and hadn't seen much improvement since.
Yeah it was, T1 and T2, etc. Complaints every time if I remember correctly.

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID
Can’t say it’s a sure thing but demand for rear earth minerals is only going up and supply down so I don’t see them going anywhere without making a few bad business decision. If you’ve got the cash to spare it’s probably worth a pun

Can’t say it’s a sure thing but demand for rear earth minerals is only going up and supply down so I don’t see them going anywhere without making a few bad business decision. If you’ve got the cash to spare it’s probably worth a pun

i have been trading global markets for almost 25 years, well before internet trading evolved to what it is today.

Best CHESS broker: selfwealth.com.au

avoid non chess brokers because if they go belly up (remember opus prime?) your money and shares are gone

Investment and daily income generation guide:

Go long on stocks with low p/e and solid balance sheets that show growth. Make a shortlist of these you would like to own. Obtain these stocks by only buying on days the market is down, accumulute only parcels at a time, so if it eeps dropping your average buy in price goes lower. Eg if you want to buy 1000 shares of say, ANZ bank, buy 200 at a time trying to average down the price.

Once you have a portfolio, use a low cost broker to trade it every day. Sell and buy back lower the same day if possible, intraday if necessary. Same principle, don't sell all at once, stagger the sales to ride the price if the market is going up. Be careful trading stocks near ex dividend date as they usually run up in value and you may not be abke to buy them back for a lower price.

Many stocks offer 1% or more price movements during a day. While its near impossible to guess right every time, a good trader can average between .25% and .5% a day. If you hit .5% a day, that is 2.5% a week, so on 100k that is $2500 profit, easily enough to live on!

Oh, and avoid meme stocks and crypto unless you are a pure gambler. There is a difference between investment and gambling!
Thanks Oldcobb,

How many would I need to have in the portfolio to get average returns of this on the 100k investment?
Whats the average cost of a low cost broker?

OldCobber46

Germinating
User ID
Thanks Oldcobb,

How many would I need to have in the portfolio to get average returns of this on the 100k investment?
Whats the average cost of a low cost broker?
For 100K you ay decide to hold multiple stocks that fit the p/e criteria, but trade at prices less than say 50 dollars a share. Now this isnt any hard and fast rule, its just spreading the risk. Because if you put most of the 100k into expensive stocks, you are risking capital in a smaller set of stocks.

also some of the lower priced stocks, have good volatility daily eg FMG they are trading around 24 bucks today, but have been as high as 24.4 and as low as under 24, so over a 1 percent opportunity today if you guess correctly.

Selfwealth charges 9.50 per trade, compared to like 20 bucks or more, like .1% with other brokers

Pedro de pacas

User ID
I've know you for nearly 4 years now and you have said on more occasions than I care to remember how your guna make it big with shares.🤣🤣
That happened yet??
Half way to your mythical "million dollar share trader" (y)

Fuck knows how ?

Thanks for the inspiration 😂

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
BTC and ETH are kicking arse I’ve only spent $3500 cash on eth and dogecoin I mined all the BTC I’m now nearly hitting 7k best investment ever 08A298E0-06D9-4466-AF0B-3F298789AF96.png

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
I'd be slowly evening out your BTC and ETH ratios, while simultaneously lowering your DOGE until it's gone. That's just my opinion though because there's only so long tweets from Elon are going to carry it and it already started fading a while ago.

Edit: Also, BTC has gone up around ~14% in the last day or two. No mainstream media news about that though it seems. As I've mentioned before, they're very quick to jump on a 5% 'crash' though. 🤔

Top Bottom