ASX and general share trading advice thread

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I’ve recently invested into some shares of the endeavour group. ASX:edv

They appeared on the asx at the start of the financial year after Woolworth demerger bws/Dan murphies and a few other things from under the Woolworths umbrella. Essentially it’s all Woolworths booze and gambling related buisness being demerged into another company.

Price has increased 10% in a month

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
No way your mining rig uses only $5 a day in electricity. My laptop uses more than that. How many watts is your rig?

edit: a rtx3090 uses 350w of power on its own so 8.5kw/day of electricity without anything else assuming 24/7 mining (its actually more power because of efficiency losses etc in the psu). For that same amount of power I can light a grow space on a 12/12 cycle with 700w. 400w in a 4x4 yeilds me a pound(ish), assuming 12 week cycle (4 veg, 8 flower) so about 5.4g/day @ $10-20/g is $50-100
When my electricity bill came in it said I was using five dollars of electricity a day
E287CDA6-F54A-4BFA-AC42-654C518ACBB1.png4E21A2FD-917C-43EE-A77F-D164CA2684C7.png7AB17170-B33D-42C2-A5C8-C9F76C1A8655.png

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Ehh you don’t need a shitload. Tent, carbon filter, extraction fan, light, nutrients, pots, coco perlite, watering can. Cheap as fuck way to get started.
I bought a ac infinity t6 humidity and temperature extraction fan, carbon filter, Alien pro silver 36 L 4 pot rdwc, hlg 600 Light with the uva, bluelab Guardian ph ppm temp Monitor already had a tent and water chiller just need some nutrients

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I bought a ac infinity t6 humidity and temperature extraction fan, carbon filter, Alien pro silver 36 L 4 pot rdwc, hlg 600 Light with the uva, bluelab Guardian ph ppm temp Monitor already had a tent and water chiller just need some nutrients

There was another member a while back with all the gear.. lets hope you do better than he did :)

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Essentially it’s all Woolworths booze and gambling related buisness being demerged into another company.

Price has increased 10% in a month
Huh, so that must be why they bought Cellarmasters and merged them into Dan Murphy's when they are much bigger and didn't need to. I was wondering why they made that decision.

Be good if we could make this a

ASX and general share trading advice thread​

Not a Pedro advice thread hey, probably get more involvement from Pedro
probably save it from turning into a shit show as well ?? 😂
Sorry mate, you're the only one who ever mentions this kind of thing, lol.

Now I realise that I may have missed some sort of inside joke between all of you. :p

When my electricity bill came in it said I was using five dollars of electricity a day
That's interesting because I thought 1or 2 x GPU home mining became unprofitable at least 6 years ago, Bitcoin at least. I didn't mine other than the very early days but I do know Dogecoin basically doubled the electricity bill with a Radeon HD7850 about 5 years ago or whenever Jackson launched it.

No problems on my end. It'd be good to hear some people's advice either way. :)

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Rdwc is an unforgiving double edged sword. It’s good when things are running perfectly. It’s goes bad fast when things aren’t. Hope it goes well for you but and you don’t chuck a hissy like the last bloke and leave if it doesn’t.
The word on the street is that it wasn't that person who chucked a tantrum. However they weren't wrong.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
The word on the street is that it wasn't that person who chucked a tantrum. However they weren't wrong.
Was it his moneybag cousin? Cause I woulda blown my top if I’d given someone that kind of gear and they couldn’t grow for shit as well.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Huh, so that must be why they bought Cellarmasters and merged them into Dan Murphy's when they are much bigger and didn't need to. I was wondering why they made that decision.

yeah probably. Woolies has been looking to get their pokies and booze off the books for a while. Doesn’t scream family friendly buisness that cares about the community when you own more pokies than anyone else in nsw and sell most of the booze in the country.

shareholders stopped the sale last time. This time they went with a demerger which shareholder approved of. Woolies still own 50% or something of endeavour group. For every woolies share an endeavour share was awarded. I’ve got 96 woolies shares from when I did salary sacrifice as an employee so ended up with 96 endeavour shares. I’ll be buying more once I’m back employeed and have some spare cash

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Yeah it was pretty disappointing to see someone go to that much effort and get so much advice and then see what happened, especially in their situation.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Woolies has been looking to get their pokies and booze of the books for a while. Doesn’t scream family friendly buisness that cares about the community when you own more pokies than anyone else in nsw and sell most of the booze in the country.
Yes, that's a perspective that most people don't look at. I wonder what the shareholders thought about these moves.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yes, that's a perspective that most people don't look at. I wonder what the shareholders thought about these moves.
Shareholders where all for the demerger. They weren’t keen on a straight sale to another company though.

Top Bottom