ASX and general share trading advice thread

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
I touched on that in my original post, too many times I've seen 'financial experts' and stock traders 'predict' or even just give their opinion on this new form of currency and trading.

To put it simply, they're good at their stock trading and hedge funds, however they think they can just take a glance at crypto (mostly the stable coins) and their opinion should be recognised. They are not the same thing though, every evolution of technology had it's detractors, from the automobile to electricity.

Even the computer was seen as a threat to employment. I remember writing a Uni thesis years ago about technology and it's societal effects across history, where one of my references I found was a Time Magazine article from the early 1960's explaining how the Personal Computer will result in mass unemployment. There were plenty of other references that pointed out other advancements in technology like flushing toilets, etc but my point is, you can either choose to be a detractor first or you can be someone who does their research first, what you decide to do next is up to you.

As for the finance people who do what this guy, and myself have been saying for years... don't believe the MSM and their very rudimentary understanding of a new technology say to do, do your own research and decide for yourself whether you think it's a worthwhile investment. Whether it be stocks, crypto, something else that comes along, or a combination of all of them.

I do enjoy seeing articles from old finance experts who have changed their mind on crypto though. It's as if they like to talk first and think later, which is a bad combination. But at least they got around to the thinking part eventually.

I still appreciate the opinions of the other people though, as long as they done their research first. :)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Fuck me these coins are dropping like shit maybe a good buying opportunity or is this the end lol my eth and btc account went from 12k to 8k my cro account went from 2k to 1.5k

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Yep, it's most markets. The US Federal Reserve said that they won't continue the Covid stimulus so the NASDAQ and crypto has gone down, and so will the ASX.

In the long term though it's just a waiting game. After looking at my spreadsheet, October 25th 2020 Bitcoin was $13,080 USD so it's still over triple what it was worth 14 months ago.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Be a good time to get in to Coal stocks, finally showing a return on me WHC shares. lol.

Assume Europe will be looking for alternate sources right now....

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
$5 a day for the whole house it’s pretty much free electricity if I spend my mining profits on the bill which I don’t lol BTC is at 52k now it will reach 1 mill a coin eventually the last BTC will be mined in the year 2140 eth will rise to 100k in 5-10 years it’s only 3200 a coin
nice rig add some more cards hey i am jealous i just use my desktop takes for ever to mine so i stay with shit coins like shib and saitama

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Pilbara Minerals Ltd. Lithium mining. I thought their share price had maxed out in 2021, but has made a fool of me, and price keeps powering through 2022. Missed opportunity, or will share price keep rising?

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Pilbara Minerals Ltd. Lithium mining. I thought their share price had maxed out in 2021, but has made a fool of me, and price keeps powering through 2022. Missed opportunity, or will share price keep rising?

I picked up some more at $2.80. I reckon it’s gonna near double in the next 12 months.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Keep

I wasnt going to say anything. But couldn’t resist…….so my 2 cents for what its worth.
anything linked to the global rise on battery tech/mining is worth looking at. EV’s will power the growth of lithium and cobalt mining and processing for decades to come. ICE vehicle sales across most of Europe will continue decline and possibly accelerate through 2025/2030 as car manufacturers move away from internal combustion engines. We are at the beginning of the up curve.
I should pull my finger out and get onto the mining sector.
the One thing that has me watching and waiting is to see what happens across all markets is Ukraine/Russia, and China/Taiwan.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I sold my father's house in December. Invested conservatively with Fortescue and BHP( looking for dividends). Was looking at Pilbara, but thought they had maxed out. ( Insert forehead slap here). I think you're right, the war, price of petrol etc, will keep it moving up for a while longer.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
nice. Twiggy is onto the hydrogen. That has a place, but I suspect in some larger industrial, commercial, shipping applications Where electric might find challenging With current technologies. Depends on who gets into gov at next election as policies change.
a good buy I think either way.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
The best thing is interesting. Subject to China, but new routes in europe could open up. Hard to go past a blue chip as part of the portfolio. That’s what they say….

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
yahooo making money today all my cypto is up shib and saitama and finally some worht while movement on ada and xrp not driving the Bentley yet but maybe if the shit coins can drop five zeros lol

Top Bottom