ASX and general share trading advice thread

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Yea my mum bought shib I told her it’s a pump and dump coin I’d be careful she owns 1mill shib coins so if It dose hit 1$ she’ll be rich but IMO it will never reach that price I could be wrong best coins to invest in IMO are BTC AND ETH

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Bush Boss

Germinating
User ID
I'd be keeping a very close eye on that if I were you, there's a lot of pump and dump with Shib at the moment and you don't want to be caught out when they all cash out.

I don't get involved in coins like those for that reason, but good luck with it if you can keep up with it. It reminds me of the Gamestop fiasco.
It is.
I've keeped up with it. My investment went up to 400. Dropped down to 300 could go into 200s. Yeah there is alot of pump and dump and that's the trend I'm seeing atm. I'm not in it for that. I'm in it for the long haul. Im legit waiting for the day that shib is.

But yes wallstreetbets is involved in this I'm sure. Seems dumb but it's the truth. They are for sure in on this somewhere in some way.
I just hope the market consolidates and people don't dump.

Bush Boss

Germinating
User ID
Yea my mum bought shib I told her it’s a pump and dump coin I’d be careful she owns 1mill shib coins so if It dose hit 1$ she’ll be rich but IMO it will never reach that price I could be wrong best coins to invest in IMO are BTC AND ETH
I'm holding 5m shib cus I can afford to lose it. Don't invest what you don't mind loosing
1million is only like 50usd probably more idk.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
User ID
Keep this between you and me but sometimes I punish myself by opening an article in the small hope that one day we'll get some actual facts instead of hype. I'll let you know when that happens.

By hype I mean I've noticed over 10+ years that ~70% of mainstream articles are written about a 'crash' (sometimes as little as 4% in a day, hardly a crash, that's normal behaviour, you bored sensationalist, give it a small time to recover).
Yet they hardly ever write about the recovery 2 days later back to normal. Or rises in value unless the price is at an all-time high (which doesn't happen often which is understandable).
I don't know what it is but I've recognised a pattern over the years...
Are the journalists mad that they missed the early boat?
Do they just not understand the tech enough to be confident about it?
Do they believe it's a scam and they just shit on it to have a laugh?

I don't know, but the bias is there in my experience, and I don't know why they seem shirty.
Spoiler alert: It hasn't happened yet.

On to the second paragraph. These are the articles from today, take note of the buzzwords such as 'systemic risk', 'struggling to recover', 'plummet', 'collapse', and 'crash':

sensationalist_news_(1).png
sensationalist_news_(2).png

Forbes is a shitrag these days, it may've been reputable many years ago however "Forbes.com uses a "contributor model" in which a wide network of "contributors" writes and publishes articles directly on the website. Contributors are paid based on traffic to their respective Forbes.com pages; the site has received contributions from over 2,500 individuals".
Every day there's a new negative article from them, sometimes such as today, there's 3.

News.com.au, 9News, 7News haven't posted any articles yet but it's still morning so give them a chance to have brekky first.

So... what is this 'urgent' and 'massive systemic risk' Forbes is carrying on about?

sensationalist_news_(3).png

Ah, yes. A senior "influential" banking executive who works in a heavily regulated industry is wanting regulations for a new generation of currency. Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, who would've thought the banks would take a stance like that about the competition to their own industry?

I'm glad he acknowledges the growth though, however I still can't trust the guy because of the conflict of interest. The funny thing is that banks globally have been shitting on Bitcoin and wanting regulations for a while now, however they are also starting to dip their toes in the pond, probably because they have eventually seen the profitability of it and I can't name a bank that doesn't like money more than anyone else.

So that's the sensationalism for today, here's a few quick graphs to highlight the "fake news" (I hate that term).

This one looks a bit scary, doesn't it? ~5% drop in a week. OMG IT'S CRASHING!!!!11

sensationalist_news_(4).png

Hang on, what if we looked at a chart from the last month?
WTF, it's gone up ~50% over a month!! Who would've seen that coming with all the news about 'plummets', and 'crashes'?!?!

sensationalist_news_(5).png

Just for shits and giggles, let's look at the past year. I don't think I need to explain this one, it's pretty simple maths.

sensationalist_news_(6).png

And finally, an overall since 3 years after it's inception to today to highlight that this is normal behaviour in the long term.

sensationalist_news_(7).png

To sum it all up in a song from the old school music some of you may remember:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Spoiler alert: It hasn't happened yet.

On to the second paragraph. These are the articles from today, take note of the buzzwords such as 'systemic risk', 'struggling to recover', 'plummet', 'collapse', and 'crash':

View attachment 17529
View attachment 17528

Forbes is a shitrag these days, it may've been reputable many years ago however "Forbes.com uses a "contributor model" in which a wide network of "contributors" writes and publishes articles directly on the website. Contributors are paid based on traffic to their respective Forbes.com pages; the site has received contributions from over 2,500 individuals".
Every day there's a new negative article from them, sometimes such as today, there's 3.

News.com.au, 9News, 7News haven't posted any articles yet but it's still morning so give them a chance to have brekky first.

So... what is this 'urgent' and 'massive systemic risk' Forbes is carrying on about?

View attachment 17530

Ah, yes. A senior "influential" banking executive who works in a heavily regulated industry is wanting regulations for a new generation of currency. Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, who would've thought the banks would take a stance like that about the competition to their own industry?

I'm glad he acknowledges the growth though, however I still can't trust the guy because of the conflict of interest. The funny thing is that banks globally have been shitting on Bitcoin and wanting regulations for a while now, however they are also starting to dip their toes in the pond, probably because they have eventually seen the profitability of it and I can't name a bank that doesn't like money more than anyone else.

So that's the sensationalism for today, here's a few quick graphs to highlight the "fake news" (I hate that term).

This one looks a bit scary, doesn't it? ~5% drop in a week. OMG IT'S CRASHING!!!!11

View attachment 17532

Hang on, what if we looked at a chart from the last month?
WTF, it's gone up ~50% over a month!! Who would've seen that coming with all the news about 'plummets', and 'crashes'?!?!

View attachment 17533

Just for shits and giggles, let's look at the past year. I don't think I need to explain this one, it's pretty simple maths.

View attachment 17534

And finally, an overall since 3 years after it's inception to today to highlight that this is normal behaviour in the long term.

View attachment 17535

To sum it all up in a song from the old school music some of you may remember:

Nice mate!!
Don't call it fake news call it lies because that's exactly what it is!!

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Just swapped over $550 worth of bitcoin into CRO that’s crypto.com‘s own cryptocurrency also ordered there Visa card I was looking at it three months ago and was going to buy it but didn’t it was only $.17 then it’s now $.51 I Think since Matt Damon has gotten on board the price has jumped

RiverRat

Blooming
User ID
How do I set up a coin wallet to buy a specific coin "raptorium". Can't see it listed in available coins to buy on Aussie coin wallets. Yeah I'm a fekun noob lol

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
What a confusing new world this shit was at first. I used Okex to buy some btc solely to buy some seeds about a month ago. Fuck they love to sting you for everything the pricks so never had enough for my purchase. Never used it so $235 (after fees) worth has just been sitting in my wallet untouched for about a month now.

It was up to $292 the other day. I know fuck all, but gunna just leave it in and prey it'll cover my superannuation in about 20 years time.

I could potentially have almost $1000 by then, to live out my final days in pure luxury.

RiverRat

Blooming
User ID
Thanks for your help Red. After fucking around for a day on a 4 inch phone I managed to sort it. And by that time it doubled hahaha. Now I'm fucked what to do. Is just in btc now sitting. Would love to sit in on chat listening to the banter of traders doing their thing..

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Fuck I should of bought some Tesla stocks when I was looking at it it was 600usd a share it’s now 1040 usd going to sell some btc and buy 1 share

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
User ID
What do you mean? Tesla has fallen a little thanks to Musk and his Twitter poll. It's still quite up and down, it hasn't stabilised yet. Buy the drop, wait until it has stabilised. If it keeps maintaining it's level at the moment and starts to go up, buy.

Otherwise wait, you don't know the echoes of the bullshit he pulls, it could go down further.

Meanwhile, don't sleep on Bakkt.
This is where my analysis comes in. There's a company call Bakkt that facilitates the transactions at EFTPOS terminals through your crypto wallet. So basically, if you need to spend a bit of your crypto at the supermarket or some random shop, then you can just add your Bakkt debit card details into Google Pay or Apple Pay app and tap your phone and pay with crypto anywhere that has an EFTPOS terminal.

So in my mind this makes crypto a lot more accessible to the average person who isn't tech-savvy and it should increase the adoption rate of crypto therefore increasing the price. And if Google and Apple trust them enough to host their app on their platforms, then that just adds a bit more legitimacy to the whole crypto thing.

I bought in at $9.63(? I just round it up to USD$10). Sure the graph looks a bit bad however that was the opening day on the NASDAQ, people get excited and spend and then sell at the peak.

Screenshot 2021-11-14 203153.png

This is for the long haul, when they start producing product and marketing themselves to the world, just like AfterPay did and now you've got adverts for AfterPay on a lot of stores in Westfield, that's when you watch your stocks multiply while doing fuck all.

2 years ago AfterPay was $25/share, they went up to $150 and have stabilised at $115-$125.

The unfortunate thing is that the NASDAQ opens after midnight here and closes before most people are awake, but you shouldn't be monitoring your shares and stock minute by minute anyway unless you want more stress in your life so... whatevs.

When the stock starts to stabilise, and they start producing products, I'll dump more cash into it. This was just a test run to see how their opening day went. I'm happy with it, the potential for more exposure to crypto is going to push the price up of both Bakkt and crypto, especially this news: https://www.commbank.com.au/articles/newsroom/2021/11/CBA-to-offer-crypto-services.html

It's a limited service and I hate CommBank but it still exposes more people to crypto and other banks will follow their lead, pushing the price up even more.

Check the MSM, especially news.com.au, they're actually starting to report on Bitcoin as a positive thing as opposed to their usual negativity bias. It makes me want to contact the 'journalists' and tell them what a bunch of hypocritical fuckwits they are, except the people here are more worth my time than those scumbags :)

Edit: Oh, and the "plunge" that Bitcoin had recently? That's just normal behaviour when it reaches an all-time high, remember, stabilisation.

Top Bottom