ASX and general share trading advice thread

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
What do you mean? Tesla has fallen a little thanks to Musk and his Twitter poll. It's still quite up and down, it hasn't stabilised yet. Buy the drop, wait until it has stabilised. If it keeps maintaining it's level at the moment and starts to go up, buy.

Otherwise wait, you don't know the echoes of the bullshit he pulls, it could go down further.

Meanwhile, don't sleep on Bakkt.

I bought in at $9.63(? I just round it up to USD$10). Sure the graph looks a bit bad however that was the opening day on the NASDAQ, people get excited and spend and then sell at the peak.

View attachment 18032

This is for the long haul, when they start producing product and marketing themselves to the world, just like AfterPay did and now you've got adverts for AfterPay on a lot of stores in Westfield, that's when you watch your stocks multiply while doing fuck all.

2 years ago AfterPay was $25/share, they went up to $150 and have stabilised at $115-$125.

The unfortunate thing is that the NASDAQ opens after midnight here and closes before most people are awake, but you shouldn't be monitoring your shares and stock minute by minute anyway unless you want more stress in your life so... whatevs.

When the stock starts to stabilise, and they start producing products, I'll dump more cash into it. This was just a test run to see how their opening day went. I'm happy with it, the potential for more exposure to crypto is going to push the price up of both Bakkt and crypto, especially this news: https://www.commbank.com.au/articles/newsroom/2021/11/CBA-to-offer-crypto-services.html

It's a limited service and I hate CommBank but it still exposes more people to crypto and other banks will follow their lead, pushing the price up even more.

Check the MSM, especially news.com.au, they're actually starting to report on Bitcoin as a positive thing as opposed to their usual negativity bias. It makes me want to contact the 'journalists' and tell them what a bunch of hypocritical fuckwits they are, except the people here are more worth my time than those scumbags :)

Edit: Oh, and the "plunge" that Bitcoin had recently? That's just normal behaviour when it reaches an all-time high, remember, stabilisation.
It only dropped a couple hundred when I was looking at buying it was only 600

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
User ID
Yeah fair enough. He's a loose cannon though. I like the guy, he's done some stuff that others are afraid to risk doing but he plays mind games too much. It's like he has a mental illness or something, it's reminiscent of other creative minds throughout history.

Van Gogh is a good example of creative people suffering through undiagnosed mental illnesses.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
I also bought some CRO (crypto.com) I spent 550 in btc and 50 of my own cash so far I’m up 87$ I’m now waiting on them to send out my crypto debit card no fees 2% cash back in crypto (CRO) with purchases made from the card seems like a really good deal i’m going to make that debit card my main bank account so everything I spend will be from that card they also offer gift cards for crypto good way to get around paying tax just buy a shit load of gift cards any store that you could think of is there its awesome

Here’s just a few of the stores that they have it’s a huge list there’s lots more F5150082-EB2E-4168-B2BF-D752FCFC37B8.png205B1FC6-CAE6-48F6-B162-DD8B5F60911A.pngDBDC24D4-C6B8-4808-B545-F646A7B62203.png361EF4AD-393F-41EE-8986-C33D1E014E2E.png

Jiffy

Blooming
User ID
Yeah fair enough. He's a loose cannon though. I like the guy, he's done some stuff that others are afraid to risk doing but he plays mind games too much. It's like he has a mental illness or something, it's reminiscent of other creative minds throughout history.

Van Gogh is a good example of creative people suffering through undiagnosed mental illnesses.

Well, Elon does have Aspergers. So he is pretty dam strange.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
User ID
Well, Elon does have Aspergers. So he is pretty dam strange.
Ahh, I didn't know that, it explains a lot of his erratic behaviour. Cheers.

I also bought some CRO (crypto.com) I spent 550 in btc and 50 of my own cash so far I’m up 87$ I’m now waiting on them to send out my crypto debit card no fees 2% cash back in crypto (CRO) with purchases made from the card seems like a really good deal i’m going to make that debit card my main bank account so everything I spend will be from that card they also offer gift cards for crypto good way to get around paying tax just buy a shit load of gift cards any store that you could think of is there its awesome
That seems very similar to RAIZ Rewards and Bakkt, it's like a combination of both. One has the percentage cashback and the other offers a card to use when spending. Interesting. Cheers for the info.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
I’m now up 126$ in my cro purchase looked at a few coin predictions web sites in 2030 the coin should be worth around 25$ it’s only 0.58 cents atm so it’s a steal CC0C6786-69F8-4A54-86C8-6BD2C7AF7B45.png

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I bought some Bitcoin for a seed purchase yesterday,,
didn’t know I needed photo id to send it off ,,,my license is cracked and too worn for proper verification and missus can’t find my passport,,so now I’m waiting on her to find
it ,,or a couple weeks for a replacement license.

good thing is after watching Bitcoin drop a bit over a grand last night ,,,it has gone up over a grand from the price I started at ,,

so now im up an incredible $4.50 or so,lol.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
didn’t know I needed photo id to send it off ,,,my license is cracked and too worn for proper verification and missus can’t find my passport,,so now I’m waiting on her to find

good thing is after watching Bitcoin drop a bit over a grand last night ,,,it has gone up over a grand from the price I started at ,,

If you buy Bitcoin don’t spend hold it btc will reach 1mill a coin btc isn’t going anywhere it’s here to stay Commonwealth Bank are adopting their own cryptocurrency coin if you can’t beat them join them

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID

Beware of the bloody transaction fees.

Cost me $16+ to buy some BTC using bank deposit as my credit card wouldnt work no matter what I did. So after that fee, I didnt have enough for my seeds.

OK, bit of a learning curve. So i do it all again, depositing more $, allowing for the fees this time.

But... stuff up and buy some other shit called 'tether' instead of BTC. FUCK ME!!!!

After a week of waiting for their online help, on how to convert cryptos, (actually very easy lol) I was back on track, only minutes away from my seed purchase.

But... by the time I pay another transaction fee to convert to BTC, and again to move to my wallet... I was still short for my seed purchase. Gave up but happy to have something in there just for a rainy day.

Jiffy

Blooming
User ID

Cost me $16+ to buy some BTC using bank deposit as my credit card wouldnt work no matter what I did. So after that fee, I didnt have enough for my seeds.

OK, bit of a learning curve. So i do it all again, depositing more $, allowing for the fees this time.

But... stuff up and buy some other shit called 'tether' instead of BTC. FUCK ME!!!!

After a week of waiting for their online help, on how to convert cryptos, (actually very easy lol) I was back on track, only minutes away from my seed purchase.

But... by the time I pay another transaction fee to convert to BTC, and again to move to my wallet... I was still short for my seed purchase. Gave up but happy to have something in there just for a rainy day.

Easiest way,

Setup on an Australian Exchange.

Bank deposit / transfer to exchange. 0% fee

AUD is credited to you exchange account

Buy BTC on the Australian Exchange using your AUD between 0.6 to 1 % fee

you now have BTC sitting in your account on the Exchange.

Then from there you can do a quick Transfer of BTC to a nominated BTC address (seed bank will supply you with a unique BTC Address) Copy and paste that into the exchange withdrawal field. ( **DOUBLE CHECK THE ADDRESS IS CORRECT**)

Then Send. You will pay a BTC Networking fee to transfer BTC to another BTC address, Somewhere around $0.40 for that.

For say $200 of BTC you shouldn'y be paying more than about $2.50 MAX in fees for the whole process :p

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
User ID
The recent discussion about issues, in my opinion, is one of the main hurdles that scare people away from using crypto (or BTC specifically).

The second hurdle is the worry about holding coins in their own wallet and being able to recover them if their computer or phone dies, etc.

It reminds me of the old dilemma that seems to affect tech people and the adoption of any new tech. They design things with their own skills and talent in mind, and sometimes don't consider that the average person would have problems accessing , or using that product. They're thinking that everyone thinks like they do, which, for the majority of people, is not true.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID

Crypto.com waive all fees for the first 30 days

Jiffy

Blooming
User ID
The recent discussion about issues, in my opinion, is one of the main hurdles that scare people away from using crypto (or BTC specifically).

The second hurdle is the worry about holding coins in their own wallet and being able to recover them if their computer or phone dies, etc.

It reminds me of the old dilemma that seems to affect tech people and the adoption of any new tech. They design things with their own skills and talent in mind, and sometimes don't consider that the average person would have problems accessing , or using that product. They're thinking that everyone thinks like they do, which, for the majority of people, is not true.

I agree 100%

I'm a Tech guy and even found it a little confusing at first. took me a couple weeks of reading different articles, and watching lots of videos to become comfortable with the idea or trading, buying and mining Crypto.

But probably no more difficult than learning how to buy shares and trade on the stock market.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
User ID
I almost bought Bitcoin in 2012, then thought nah.. I'd rather buy some weed.

:oops:
Add Rivian Automotive to your watchlist, EV's are still waiting to kick off, once the detractors start to die off or are convinced their old school fossil fuel burners are a thing of the past.

Still love the old Muscle Cars though but I'm sure Carrol Shelby would be having heaps of fun in some of the more powerful EV's that are being produced if he, the legend, wasn't dead.

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID

It's was a whole new level of everything for me. The security, 12 word phrases your only access if you forget passwords. No emailing out change password forms here.

That phrase needs etched on a metal plate stored in a very safe place. A photo in your phone is not advised for obvious reasons. (all i have currently)

I also had trouble because at one point, I deposited money into btc from an account not in my full name. Only $60, but was all I had and needed but was gone/lost somewhere in the internet for 5 days. Thought I'd blown that too ffs.

If I'm to be honest, I can't remember ever being so angry, and holding it for so long over anything before in my life. 95% of it was my own stupid fault admittedly, and only revealing this so other noobs dont fuck up like me.

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID
Found this on reddit tax free crypto idea lol

Tax issues, no worries..Religion Crypto | Churchy-Coin😂

Let’s use any one of the wholly invented religious-based business models and ‘belief systems’ to apply to Crypto. We too can managed the assets, more like an investment bank than a charitable institution. We too can employ financial experts who know how to use money to make even more money.

Our Churchy-coin’s income can be earned and received absolutely free of tax, thanks to an old law inherited from Britain. The ‘pursuit of religion’ was always considered a charitable purpose, backed by a variety of Charities Acts, and therefore exempt from tax, so let’s propose The ‘pursuit of crypto religion’.

So we’re afforded the same freedoms Churchy-Coin won’t have to prove religion is ‘for the public benefit’, although Market Cap and Holder volume could paint a very pretty and empirical picture.

…and also with you.

Post-post edit (Devine interventions)

- White paper pending on TaxHeaven Protocol. All denominations and inventions welcome.
- GodCoin early adopter (Good Mass, No Gas)
- Dawkins riding spaghetti monster in space towards the moon logo TM pending

Top Bottom