I need a spiritual room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
There is so much on this topic nearly all indiginous cultures in the world have used some kind of psychedelic to talk to a higher power, or gain knowledge, or purpose.

Be it shrooms, cannabis, dmt, peyote, ayahuasca....
They were regarded as medicine and as the devine.

A witch doctor uses weed to releave pain. It works and she is thanked for her wisdom.
Another witch doctor uses same herb and this time the patient as a psychiotic episode. Now this witch is evil as she used poison.

There is another theory i love. The forbidden fruit of eden. It wasn't actually an apple but an magic mushroom. It was a way people could talk to God. But once religion changed to be influenced by those in power. The fruit and it's link to God became forbidden as without it people would need to seek guidance from a leader(preist, king, prophet etc).

Is using drugs to seek more enlightenment trying to justify our use?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

puggle6

Baked
User ID
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

- Douglas Adams

D

Deleted member cpr

I got a better one.

Adam - "God, I'm lonely and need an equal to keep me company"

God - "To create another like you I will need half of your body. One eye, leg, arm etc"

Adam - Scratches head and replies "What can you do with a rib?"

Girls love that one. I hope poor humour is spiritual for you sugar :)

Sugar

Baked
User ID
further thoughts re cannabis and it's use Bible - it's an area I have struggled with and when I went back to church regularly I stopped smoking and growing because the church was against it.

But, as soon as it became legal here, I was in like flyn, stopped going to church and thought to myself, well, God says we are to obey man's law - tick, the word of God over rides man's laws - tick, there is nothing saying taking cannabis is sinful - tick, BUT, always a but lol in the Bible we are warned to not lose control like when drunk etc...check out proverbs or google soooo, this is the area I am concentrating on in my life atm.

There have been several thoughts about it referring to the passage in book of Genesis where God gives us every seed bearing plant for food. Also there are thoughts that the Holy Anointing Oil contained cannabis.

I like this blog about it:

Richcomingfromyou

Vegetating
User ID
Hey guys and gals and powers to be
You know me and I know you so I'm asking for a place for me to be spiritual without having shit put on me
Your thoughts please because I know the upset my outgoing faith caused last time.
Thanks
Sug
Hey I don't care about faith. Do what you will. I think It'd be cool af. If your into whatever beliefs have an area for that and no judgement. We can fight as much as we want on other threads but yeah some neutral ground..😂😊😉

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
That's a good little article Sugar.

This isn't the clip i was searching for but it's still a good one.

Now I'll be honest and say I'm agnostic but this topic really intrigues me. I love ancient history and the Bible is a massive history text. But like all historical texts they are written by the victors or those in power. There is always some level of bias from the writers perspective.
And they're massive amounts of lost history in regards to the bible. But i love that these theories are getting looked at.

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
Not necessarily so my new friend. Science/physics limits us all. Only your thoughts are yours. For example, I choose to stay away from Coronavirus hotspots Many others don't seem to care. Science WILL rule the Covididiots. Despite their free thoughts. Just look at USA, or BLM protesters in Aus. They THINK they are above science, but sadly mistaken.
Sorry OF but not quite sure what you are disagreeing with. No aggro here. Just wundrin. Care to add some details?
Had the thread developed sweetly I was aiming toward peace being impossible by thinking about it because all our thoughts are acculturated. They in fact are not our own thoughts but put there by the Language of our Culture.
Seems to me, at bottom our Culture has a Theocratic basis. (Look at the struggle to make assisted dying legal, for example.) And our theocracy includes a vengeful god.

Last edited:

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
be your own God then and go away satisfying yourself

To one who has faith, no explanation is needed
To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
Thomas Aquinas.
But nothing about You ...
Surely you're not merely the writings of other people?

Sugar

Baked
User ID
But nothing about You ...
Surely you're not merely the writings of other people?

If you've learnt nothing about me from reading through this thread then you are blind.
You will Never know me
Tell me how your own experience is instead and how it helps you and others instead of trying to kill faith in others?
I will not justify to You or anyone else and if you don't like it then tuff.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Sorry OF but not quite sure what you are disagreeing with. No aggro here. Just wundrin. Care to add some details?
Had the thread developed sweetly I was aiming toward peace being impossible by thinking about it because all our thoughts are acculturated. They in fact are not our own thoughts but put there by the Language of our Culture.
Seems to me, at bottom our Culture has a Theocratic basis. (Look at the struggle to make assisted dying legal, for example.) And our theocracy includes a vengeful god.
Just a comment about physical limitations. Kinda like when some parents tell they're kids, " they can be anything they want to be in life" No deep meaning, just practical limitation

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Ever heard of the Jubilee Year (every 7 years) in the Bible (Leviticus 25) where all debts are forgiven?
Ever gone bankrupt and your debts are wiped and record of bankruptcy is gone after 7 years?
Or our tax records kept for 7 years?

2020 is a Jubilee Year! Not just 7 year one but a 50th Jubilee!
There is a movement to forgive 3rd world country debts using the Bible's Jubilee year of forgiveness of debts behind it particularly with the plague impacting severely.

https://www.thenation.com/article/economy/jubilee-cancellation-debt-coronavirus/

Sugar

Baked
User ID
everyone scrambling about trying to lay the blame on someone other than themselves.
always trying to present ourselves in the best light....pfft
the blame game always there

Sugar

Baked
User ID
That's a good little article Sugar.

This isn't the clip i was searching for but it's still a good one.

Now I'll be honest and say I'm agnostic but this topic really intrigues me. I love ancient history and the Bible is a massive history text. But like all historical texts they are written by the victors or those in power. There is always some level of bias from the writers perspective.
And they're massive amounts of lost history in regards to the bible. But i love that these theories are getting looked at.

Good on you Ayez :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom