You don't need a spiritual room..

Sugar

Baked
User ID
To me, the passage about no sin being greater than the other is in regards to our ability to have a relationship with God.
As God is Holy and can not look upon sin, so no relationship is possible. We all fall short without faith in Jesus Christ as our Saviour.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Yep
And he changed water to wine
So his family and friends could all get pissed

This is Jesus coming out so to speak at the wedding and is symbolic in many ways... (from wikipedia)

The more usual interpretation, however, is that this is a reference to the appearance of Jesus, whom the author of the Fourth Gospel regards as being himself "the good wine".[6] According to Bill Day,[who?] the miracle may also be interpreted as the antitype of Moses' first public miracle of changing water (the Nile river) into blood. This would establish a symbolic link between Moses as the first saviour of the Jews through their escape from Egypt and Jesus as the spiritual saviour of all people.[7]

Sugar

Baked
User ID
btw, i'm not a teacher ok, this is what just I think and I hope I interpret properly according to my own experience etc but likely bound to fail, human see

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
Cranky Old Bastard here ... NOT quoting the bible: "He who says does not know. He who knows does not say."
(Sorry the statement is not Gender appropriate. Was going to put "S/He ..." But that would have spoiled the quote dontcha think?

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I’ll put some more up later.

Your words please Porky, not post richards stuff which you've done before.
You know I wont be reading reams of stuff to discern what you mean and believe.
It would be like me posting the bible and saying read it and get back to me.

Clementine

Blooming
User ID
So good to see you again Clem :)

I've thought of you now and then and hoped you were going ok.
Not good having no heating during winter but glad to hear new move fixes it.

I've appreciated you supporting me on OSA despite you copping heaps of shit. Good onya :)
Not tolerating any shit for my faith this time and thankfully, it has been a different story this time round here with more understanding for which I am grateful for.

I do wish there was no barriers to those who are attracted to those of the same sex.

I can state my reasons why with a biblical argument in support of those who are 'gay' as I have said before on OSA and other forums, no sin is greater than the other, all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, no one can judge another only God. Just a taster :D

Anyhoo, good to see you and here's to happy days ahead

Aww thanks Sugar. That's a nice thing to say.

There are some things in life that faze me, some things not as much. A bit of sideways banter or me copping a little shit, don't really faze me in the slightest. I probably had it coming in the first place lol

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
Here's a Dinky Di, True Blue, Bonzer Spiritual joke. I know it's Spiritual because it was told to me by a Uniting Church Minister who at the time had 47 years experience in Pastoral Care. He was teaching Communication Skills to a Voluntary Group when I met him.
The joke goes:
"Y'know what a Coronary Occlusion is"?
"It's a clot in the artery."
"Yes" he sez "So what's a Theological Occlusion"?
"Dunno" I sez.
"It's a Clot in the Pulpit"!

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
I've said it before it's a brave thing coming onto a forum such as this and expressing your belief in a higher power. In doing so, people are just going to shred the shit out of you for it... Don't let it bring you down.

Speaking of which, as a maturing man who identifies as being straight, who is apparently a queer all of a sudden. The same can be said for people expressing their sexuality. Around 60 % of the population are bisexual, biologically and statistically speaking. Unfortunately, it's stigmatized and de humanized to identify as LGBT. in today's society. Sexuality is fluid. I've never had sex with another man and as I mature I honestly have no desire to do so... That being said, plenty of people have during their developing years acted on curiosity and engaged in sexual acts between the same sex, but shouldn't identify as being LGBT.
Absolutely not queer here: yep. I agree. It's called 'cultural thinking'. We live in a Theocracy and being queer is an 'abomination' today just like it was in the times of the old testament. 4 million years of evolution has not much changed the way we think.

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
It's better to have a open outlook than a room when it comes to all things spiritual. A room is enclosed which in turn can't let things in or out, whereas a outlook open for everything to expand and take more in (even if it's a quiet little spot out in the backyard)..

Not necessary! A window or a large fish tank will do. The aim is to induce an 'outwardly directed' trance.

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
He has hundreds of links but that’s 2 to get ya started.
His best selling book is called The God delusion. 😏
I like the way you hold your bat, Porky! but sadly the situation is ultra complex. No use citing Scientists after Einstein said: "I didn't arrive at my understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe through my rational mind." (Alpert, Be Here Now, p 97)
Also: “Oh Thou, who art trying to learn the marvel of Love from the copybook of Reason, I am very much afraid that you will never really see the point”. (Hafiz, ibid, p.75.)
Seems to me "... the copybook of Reason" could be the Bible, the Torah, the Baghavad Gita, etc.
And has anyone noticed HOW we understand things? The answer seems to just 'come in' from somewhere outside. I mean, realistically if you don't know something how can you think of it?

Top Bottom